PDA

View Full Version : Last week of May?

hannahandkalebmom
09-14-2011, 07:03 PM
Hi everyone. My kids are done with school the last week of May this school year. Thinking of taking a trip to the world. Question being is this time of the month during Memorial Day week a busy and extremely hot time? We usually go in the fall or winter. It is getting harder to take my oldest out of school. Any advice? Thanks.

Strmchsr
09-14-2011, 08:05 PM
Definitely hot, but the humidity isn't into full summer swing yet. And Memorial Day weekend crowds are significant, but the week before it isn't too bad.

Tink#64
09-15-2011, 12:14 AM
We visited that week several years ago & the crowds were about what we've seen in June the past two years or more! We arrived on the Saturday prior to the holiday weekend & noticed that the crowd levels were higher everywhere than we'd ever experienced visiting earlier in May, and the crowds built all week! By Friday of the holiday weekend it was crowded! Still manageable with a good touring plan! Arrive at park opening, hit your major attractions first thing in the morning & make use of the FP system & you should be fine.

We did everything we wanted to do, but we kind of swore off WDW holiday visits after that. Of course the past two years we've gone in June! All I can say is WOW! Hot, humid, crowded & lots of BTG's! I miss those days when DS's were young enough to pull out of school for our WDW trips! We visited during our Spring Break several years ago, I had planned for super crowded & we were very pleasantly surprised! Hadn't given much thought to the fact that the Spring Breaks being different across the board! It was a great time to visit! :thumbsup:

You're experienced with WDW so I'm sure that if you plan for the crowds, & have a good touring plan you'll do just fine! :mickey: