PDA

View Full Version : Star Tours and Neck Issues

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-14-2011, 08:14 AM
I really would like to ride the new Star Tours ride in December but I injured my neck at work in March. It mostly bothers me when I am doing a lot lifting or work where I have to bend my neck. Do you think I will be able to ride Star Tours? :blush:

cer
09-14-2011, 10:54 AM
Have you ridden the older Star Tours version? I did not think the new version was more intense than the old, if that helps any.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-14-2011, 01:17 PM
Its been awhile and I don't remember. I do remember Dinosaur was awfully jerky and know I can't ride it. How does it compare? Thanks for your help

cer
09-14-2011, 01:27 PM
No where near the intensity of Dinosaur. But, I sure don't want to steer you wrong. I definitely would not ride Dinosaur with a neck issue.

Maybe someone else will come along and verify.

NewDVCowner
09-14-2011, 01:32 PM
I haven't riden the WDW version, but I've been on the Disneyland one several times. It does throw you around a bit. I remember one time we were thrown back and about five vertebre in my back cracked. (It actually felt kind of good, frankly.) I have noticed that it seems a whole lot rougher in the back row than the front row.

Don't know if I would do it with a bad neck, but just wanted to share my observation between the front and back rows.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-16-2011, 09:29 AM
Mmmm...guess I shouldn't chance it

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-21-2011, 04:14 PM
I read an entry in a 2008 Passporter that said there is a non-moving ride you can request...anyone heard about that?