PDA

View Full Version : Tusker House offering character dining again..

TheVBs
09-13-2011, 07:03 PM
Just read this:

Tusker House in Disney's Animal Kingdom will begin serving a character lunch as of December 4, 2011. The new character dining experience will be called Donald's Dining Safari Lunch at Tusker House and will feature Donald and Daisy Duck and friends. Donald's Dining Safari Lunch at Tusker House Restaurant will be offered from 11 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. daily and will vary in cost by season from $25.99 to $29.99 for adults and $14.99 to $16.99 for children ages 3 to 9. Call 407-WDW-DINE for reservations, or after September 14 book online at www.disneyworld.disney.go.com/reservations/dining. NOTE: With the launch of this new character lunch, the restaurant will no longer offer reserved seating for performances of Finding Nemo - The Musical.

A Big Kid
09-13-2011, 07:35 PM
I could care less about character dining and I wish they would scale back.

gerald72
09-14-2011, 03:21 AM
I wish they'd have more

motherof4
09-14-2011, 09:44 AM
I wish they had more too. after all it is disney world isn't that were characters belong?:mickey:

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
09-14-2011, 09:51 AM
I agree that there should be more Character experiences, this is WDW after all. Built on the mouse. :mickey:

DD and I are already planning on Tusker House for breakfast!!

Lynn J Mc
09-14-2011, 10:10 AM
I love Tusker House and I love character dining. No standing in line for autographs!

AgentC
09-14-2011, 11:11 AM
It will be nice to have a character lunch at AK. I'm sure if you are not into characters, it may seem like there are a lot of character meals, but it is not as many as it may seem. And there are very few lunches except when they add special ones during free dining. Unless I am missing one, the only character lunches are:

Crystal Palace (MK)
Cinderella's Royal Table (MK)
Akerhaus (Epcot)
Hollywood and Vine (DHS)

This should be a nice edition especially since it contains Donald & Daisy.

frakers
09-16-2011, 12:37 PM
I miss the old "best counter service bang for the buck with huge portions of good stuff" Tusker House.
Now it is a full on character meal. Too bad....

Gator
09-16-2011, 04:01 PM
I like the idea. I love Flame Tree BBQ, don't like Pizzafari, Yak&Yeti is just OK. But Tusker House with characters will give me another option other than FlameTree. I think this is a great thing!

A Big Kid
09-17-2011, 06:58 AM
I miss the old "best counter service bang for the buck with huge portions of good stuff" Tusker House.

I guess somebody agrees with me. Paying $15 extra dollars per meal just to see a charachter doesn't appeal to me. As I see it, charachter meals are just an excuse to jack up prices.

AgentC
09-17-2011, 07:56 AM
I guess somebody agrees with me. Paying $15 extra dollars per meal just to see a charachter doesn't appeal to me. As I see it, charachter meals are just an excuse to jack up prices.

I am not going to disagree with you on this. I think the prices on character meals are high, though I think the non character meals buffets aren't inexpensive either.

Since my children are young, the extra price of the character meal can be well worth not waiting in a character line. :D

badkitty
09-17-2011, 02:17 PM

:ditto:

brivers222
10-03-2011, 01:12 PM
Release says from 11 - 2:45pm.... When I go to book an ADR there for Dec 18th it says lunch doesn't include characters.

Is it safe to assume I can reserve an 11:15AM and it will be a character lunch once they convert? or will they delete my current reservation when the system gets switched on 12/4

Figment!
10-08-2011, 01:42 PM
Is it safe to assume I can reserve an 11:15AM and it will be a character lunch once they convert? Based on similar past circumstances, yes. :thumbsup:

If you have any concerns you can contact Dining Reservations directly close to the launch date of the new meal format.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
10-08-2011, 06:27 PM
I am excited about this. Flame tree always has really long lines. Pizzafari is ok, but you have to be in the mood for pizza. My kids have been wanting to see Daisy and now we have the chance! (Lines are too long on Main streeinin the AM) Plus we arent always the best woth MOVING in the morning and making it to a character breakfast!

Figment1988
12-08-2011, 09:01 PM
Just read this:
Tusker House in Disney's Animal Kingdom will begin serving a character lunch as of December 4, 2011. The new character dining experience will be called Donald's Dining Safari Lunch at Tusker House and will feature Donald and Daisy Duck and friends. Donald's Dining Safari Lunch at Tusker House Restaurant will be offered from 11 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. daily and will vary in cost by season from $25.99 to $29.99 for adults and $14.99 to $16.99 for children ages 3 to 9. Call 407-WDW-DINE for reservations, or after September 14 book online at http://www.disneyworld.disney.go.com...vations/dining. NOTE: With the launch of this new character lunch, the restaurant will no longer offer reserved seating for performances of Finding Nemo - The Musical.

I am totally disappointed with this, It's bad enough that they had to get rid of Lilo, Stitch Terk and Jiminy Cricket for this, but getting rid of the nemo package for this? I've totally lost my respect towards Tusker House. I'd rather eat at Restaurantosaurus or Rainforest Cafe. I've heard that the staff is much nicer at those places too.