PDA

View Full Version : Marathon Weekend Questions

Georgesgirl1
09-12-2011, 04:02 PM
My mom and I are running the 5k on Friday morning and we are wondering a few things. How early do we have to be there (is it super early like the half)? What was the race route last year? Do they have corrals like the half and full marathon?
We also want to sign our boys up for the kid's races (the diaper dash and the 1-3 year old run). How crowded are they? Can mom or dad "run" with the kids?

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-13-2011, 09:16 AM
We did the 5K last year, and really had a great time.

It was early that you had to be there. I don't have my booklet with me, but I'm thinking 5:30am or so ... I believe the race started around 7am.

The course from last year was through the parking lot at Epcot, and you entered the park through a back entrance between Mexico and Norway, around the world showcase, through future world and ended back out in the parking lot.

There are corrals, from the 7m/mile down to the walkers, but it is much less "formal" than the longer races.

I haven't done the kids races (DD was old enough she just ran with us ... and beat our times!), but I've heard great things about them, that the kids really have a great time.