PDA

View Full Version : NFL week one: welcome Back

gueli
09-12-2011, 03:33 PM
Good Day football fans.
So how did your team do ? Highlights & lowlights.
Comments on games you watched.

Have fun.

The Jets,
stumbling, bumbeling and winning ?
Not everything is all rosey in Jets ville. Dalas Played a great Defensive game. Sanchez's pick almost killed us. But our Defense does not go away.
I have noticed a lot of sports guys saying stuff like Romo handed the game away. Which in some ways is true. But 2 things: 1)its not like he played against a tough defense. I mean its only the Jets right ? Against most teams, he would not have fumbled the ball. and 2) What was he thinking on the int that set up the winning field goal ? I think this is a pattern of his, poor decisions in crunch time.
So please give the jets the credit for staying close, and pulling it off.

On a side note: I am happy to see buffalo is looking better this year.

Go Jets
:number1:

WDWfanatic742
09-12-2011, 04:26 PM
Falcons and the NFC South in general:

:shake:

That's all to say...

princessgirls
09-12-2011, 04:29 PM
Interesting Week One:

YES...I AM ONE HAPPY JETS FAN TODAY!:cool:
Not the cleanest game I've seen them play, but typical JETS of the Rex Ryan/Sanchez era....This come from behind in the final minutes of play to give your heart a run for it's money!
It was one crazy ride last night.
Nice that Buddy Ryan was able to be there last night and see both of his son's out there coaching their hearts out in a sport that he loves and gave his all too.
Now...on to the Steelers...What happened there??? YIKES. That was BAD! No happy people in Pittsburgh today!

The Colts: Tony Dungy has grave concerns about his former team and so do I. They need a leader and direction fast! Was not expecting that kind of beating on them.

Cam Newton...should I go there with that million dollar smile? He performed and even though they lost, he performed better than most of the seasoned quarterbacks in the NFL...who needs training camp?

Big Blue...Big meltdown. Hoping for better things for them next week.

The Eagles and Vick did well, and I'm looking forward to the Sunday night game seeing him go back to Atlanta. I would have liked to have seen that match up for the playoffs last season.
Bet they are happy they unloaded McNabb.
I enjoy football. I'm glad it's back.
Enjoy! Remember...It is ANY TEAMS game when they take that field!
Julie:mickey:

Melanie
09-12-2011, 04:43 PM
Well, our rookie quarterback had a history making day yesterday. New coach, new quarterback, new kicker, OLD wide receiver. I've not got my hopes up high, but definitely an improvement over the last 5 years or so. Go Panthers!

gueli
09-12-2011, 09:00 PM
Well, our rookie quarterback had a history making day yesterday. New coach, new quarterback, new kicker, OLD wide receiver. I've not got my hopes up high, but definitely an improvement over the last 5 years or so. Go Panthers!
:mickey:

Melanie
09-12-2011, 10:44 PM
Okay, so Mr. Giselle Bundchen just blew my rookie's performance out of the water, but it's all good. ;)

Ian
09-13-2011, 08:22 AM
Eagles ...

The Good: We didn't lose to the Redskins! ;)

No seriously, though, I think the Eagles started off really rough. It looked for the first quarter or so like they might actually lose the game. They weren't pass blocking, they couldn't stop the run, and Vick looked scared. But as the game progressed, I thought the offensive line settled down and found their groove a bit. They protected Vick pretty well and he found a rhythym and was making some very pretty passes. Obviously, McCoy and DeSean (PAY THE MAN!!!) we bright spots as both went over 100 yards for the game.

The Bad: I'm still not sold that this team's weaknesses aren't such that it will prevent them from having real success this season. Our linebackers just look lost out there and I'm afraid that any team with a big back and a big offensive line is just going to run the ball down their throats all game long. True that they'd also have to have a pretty tough defense, because keeping the Eagles explosive offensive under wraps to the point where you feel comfortable running the ball all game would be pretty tough. Even so, by running the ball you wear down the Eagles defense and keep their offense off the field, so I think it's a real concern. And the offensive line ... well ... let's just say they're going to have to continue to step up their game every week in order to get where they need to be come playoffs time. If they make the playoffs that is and that's a pretty big if.

The Ugly: Danny Amendola's injury. :ack::ack::ack:

princessgirls
09-13-2011, 11:07 AM
Okay, so Mr. Giselle Bundchen just blew my rookie's performance out of the water, but it's all good. ;)

I liked that comment Melanie!!!:thumbsup:

Julie:mickey:

indytraveler
09-13-2011, 06:38 PM
How 'bout them Colts?

Offense was a no show.
Deffense was just like last year, gave up big chunks of yards and plenty of points in week 1
Special teams, hahahaha gave up 2 long returns (punt and kick off) Every other team has a kicker to kick ball out of end zone. Ours 5 yds deep and still returns it over 40 yds. Didn't they move up the kick off spot?

Can't wait for next week. The team is saying its just 1 game/week. They're right. After next week it'll be its a long season. That will be the only thing it is... A LONG SEASON watching these guys.

Jen0610
09-15-2011, 03:16 PM
The Colts: Tony Dungy has grave concerns about his former team and so do I. They need a leader and direction fast! Was not expecting that kind of beating on them.

While I like Peyton as a player and loving refer to Indy as the Dolts, I don't dislike them as a team, we are just fans of another team and we just happen to live in IN and get the Colts shoved down our throats. I HATE seeing the players in the position that they are in. But I don't feel the slightest bit sorry for the situatition that the Colts - owners and the powers to be - find themselves in.

They have had Painter there for going on his 3rd season, I believe. There is ZERO reason, why he shouldn't have been getting some quality time in with the starters these past 2 years. Yes, Peyton was the big dog and should have had the majority of the snaps, BUT life happens and you need to be ready for the hick up's that is thrown at you. As an orginazation, the Colts buried their collective heads in the sands and ignored the fact that they did not have a 2nd or 3rd string QB that was immediately ready to step up and lead their team. They have a QB who is quite able to - WITH some quality practice time and WITH some quality guidance. And watching someone, while it helps, is not the guidance needed. It needed to be hands on work. While Curtis is not, nor ever will be, a QB with the playing caliber of Peyton, he could do a fine job. IF the Colts had let him and Peyton work together.

I am sure, that they got some time together, but seeing how bad it is, tells me it wasn't near enough time or the wrong approach to the mentoring. And with the way the Colts run their offense, Peyton had to work with Painter on the way he - Peyton - directed that offense. NOBODY runs an offense the way Peyton does and once your use to that, it's near impossible to throw someone else in the mix and not have it turn out badly, if that person hasn't had Peyton in their ear telling him, ok here's how it should go. And the only way to do that, is to have the 2nd stringer in and Peyton playing QB coach.

It's going to be a long, long, long season for the Colts players. And I don't foresee it getting any better. I truely think we are going to see a lot of ugly games coming from them.