PDA

View Full Version : Princess Girl's HOT August Trip Day 3...I'll leave it to the kids!

princessgirls
09-12-2011, 12:00 PM
Cast of Characters can be found in part 1!

August 20-29

POP Century Resort

Monday: August 22

We were up bright and early and on a bus heading for the Magic Kingdom at 7:30am!! Whoohooo! Fred made his girls a Breakfast reservation for 8:05 at 1900 Park Fare.
We all wore our new shirts that were purchased the night before from Mousegears, and all in good spirits! Looking forward to a delicious breakfast and seeing some different characters. Also, we or more like I had not planned on this breakfast so it was a very nice surprise!
We arrived on time for our reservation and had our picture taken and were seated right away. Food was delicious and plentiful, and it was not crowded. We enjoyed our time with Mary Poppins, Pooh, Tigger, the Mad Hatter and Alice! It was the first picture of Alice and my girls from any of our trips! 1900 Park Fare was a good time for us this morning!!:thumbsup: I liked the"family" picture so much I purchased it! Yes...pictures are so much better in the early morning before hitting the parks!:mickey:
We got out of the Grand Floridian around 9:30am and I really wanted to hit a few Fantasyland rides, and the girls wanted to go to Typhoon Lagoon...Compromise. Hit 3 fantasyland attractions with me, and we can spend the rest of the day at Typhoon. That was easy. Hit my fave...Philharmagic, It's a Small World and Snow White...everything else was a bit of a wait, and the girls were really wanting to get to Typhoon. Got out of the park, and a bus was unloading and took us to the POP...with not another person on it! We had a private bus!! LOVED IT!!!
Quickly changed in our room and back out to the bus for DTD/Typhoon Lagoon. I am grateful that my kids can go...they are used to a fast pace, and that helps when on a Disney trip!
We arrived at Typhoon around 11/11:15 and found it crowded but manageable. I had read to start with Shark Reef, so that's where we headed. Wait was about 20 minutes. Girls never snorkeled before but are good swimmers, and had no problems. THEY LOVED THIS ATTRACTION! They thought it was great! Fred really enjoyed, and I did too, but was a little unnerved by seeing the sting rays and sharks... They went on this 4 or 5 times again during our time in Typhoon. Even waited while a group of Brazillian tourists were holding up the line, as they could not get all of the gear, swimming, and not splashing concepts. The CM's working in Shark Reef today had the patience of saints. They were really good with our Brazillian friends.
When we were finally were done with Shark Reef we heading over to Typhoon Tilly's to grab a snack. Fred and I got nice side garden salad with snack credits. Girls got fries. After our big breakfast we weren't starving but wanted something! It was while sitting at Typhoon Tilly's that we say Blythe...A/K/A DisneyGirl and her family walk by! We stopped them and had a fun time catching up with them. Our girls clicked, and we ended up seeing them and the girls doing a few slides and wave pool together during the day. Blythe and her family are wonderful people! They are the first Intercot friend that I've actually met in person at Disney! Very cool:mickey:
Girls did a lot of slides after our refreshments. I liked Typhoon Lagoon...and to be honest it was nice to kick back in the lazy river and be cool for the afternoon. My girls LOVED Typhoon Lagoon...I knew they would. They are high impact chicks!
We finished out the day at the Lagoon by hanging in the Wave pool. Let me tell you.. those are some waves. YIKES!!! The girls LOVED this! It was fun. After a while I ended up sitting on a rock at the edge and just let the water flow over me. Around 5:45 clouds and thunder rolled in, and the park closed a few minutes early. Made our way back to the Pop bus stop and our trip back to the Pop took a while do to all of the traffic leaving Typhoon Lagoon. It was around 6:30 by the time we got back. Girls were tired and hungry, so a quick shower and Morgan and Madison had been dying to eat at the Pop food court (Fred and I...not so much)so that's where we headed. Funny Fred and I avoided the food court at all costs, and our girls just LOVED it!!! I had no ADR today in our plans (Fred made our surprise one yesterday for this morning) because when we had planned our trip today was going to be a Universal Day, so it was nice to have some freedom to just do and go on your own time schedule...
Food was surprisingly very good. I had the chicken/pasta special, girls got some chinese, Fred had (i think???) the meatloaf dinner, and we all got the ice-cream sundaes for dessert. No complaints there! YUM!!!
By now it was close to 8pm and no one (except me) wanted to go anywhere...I was kind of bummed. Studios were open late tonight. No takers. Girls wanted to get hairwraps and play in the arcade, Fred wanted to chill and watch ESPN, I ended up reading a while in the food court while the hair wraps were getting done.
I also hit concierge as all of this "Irene" talk was starting and as of today, it was looking like Florida was going to get heavy wind and rain by Friday (never happened) and we had the girls favorite Breakfast with the Princesses in Norway Friday morning at 8am. The lovely CM was able to get me a reservation on Saturday morning. That worked!
We had a very relaxing evening, which was so unlike our "hard core" touring ways! It was good. :cool:
Days are going fast...up next Studios/Epcot on tap for Tuesday!
Thanks for reading!
Julie:mickey:

faline
09-12-2011, 06:21 PM
Love those relaxed days where you can be flexible and change your plans based on what you want to do.

Glad you met Blythe! She's a lovely lady!

Disney4us2
09-13-2011, 10:27 PM
Nice relaxing day. Looking forward to hearing more.:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
09-14-2011, 06:08 AM
Nice, Julie..rolling with the compromise...I like it, and think the day sounds wonderful.
I relate to the feeling though..everyone else being content to "stay put" and having the itch myself to get out and there and do something!!