PDA

View Full Version : You Pick...

Main Street Jim
09-11-2011, 07:58 PM
If You Had Wings...or Buzz Lightyear?

Stitch's Great Escape...ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter...or Mission to Mars?

Mission: Space...or Horizons?

World of Motion...or Test Track?

Journey Into Your Imagination (the original ride)...or Journey Into Imagination with Figment?

El Rio del Tiempo...or Grande' Fiesta Tour?

Main Street Electrical Parade...or SpectroMagic?

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea....or Pooh's 100 Acre Wood Playground?

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh...or Mr. Toad's Wild Ride?

Wishes...or Fantasy in the Sky?

Who Wants to be a Millionaire?....or Toy Story Mania?

Tapestry or Nations....or Tapestry of Dreams?

Spaceship Earth: Walter Cronkite, Jeremy Irons, or Judy Dench?

Living Seas...or The Seas with Nemo and Friends?

Finding Nemo: The Musical...or Tarzan Rocks?

Osbourne Family Spectacle of Lights: Residential Street Backlot....or Avenue of the Americas?

Monorail....or Ferry Boat?

Walt Disney Story....or Exposition Hall/Town Square Theater?

:)

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
09-11-2011, 08:13 PM
If You Had Wings...or Buzz Lightyear?Buzz Lightyear - always have a great time trying to beat my family member's score, be it DH, DD or one of my DS.

Stitch's Great Escape...ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter...or Mission to Mars?
AE or MtoM

Mission: Space...or Horizons?Horizons, but I've not tried M:S in the tame mode and refuse to be spun around

World of Motion...or Test Track?Either

Journey Into Your Imagination (the original ride)...or Journey Into Imagination with Figment?ORIGINAL!!!!! 100% ORIGINAL

El Rio del Tiempo...or Grande' Fiesta Tour?Don't care

Main Street Electrical Parade...or SpectroMagic?MSEP

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea....or Pooh's 100 Acre Wood Playground?20,000 LUS

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh...or Mr. Toad's Wild Ride?Snot Monkeys - this is a tough one because I LOVE both books - so BOTH just make room for BOTH!

Wishes...or Fantasy in the Sky?Either

Who Wants to be a Millionaire?....or Toy Story Mania?TSM

Tapestry or Nations....or Tapestry of Dreams?Either

Spaceship Earth: Walter Cronkite, Jeremy Irons, or Judy Dench?Walter Cronkite - I had a MAJOR crush on him when I was younger

Living Seas...or The Seas with Nemo and Friends?Nemo - I live near so many Aquariums - I don't mind Nemo added.

Finding Nemo: The Musical...or Tarzan Rocks?Neither

Osbourne Family Spectacle of Lights: Residential Street Backlot....or Avenue of the Americas?No difference to me.

Monorail....or Ferry Boat?Monorail - I can ride a Ferry anytime I want here.

Walt Disney Story....or Exposition Hall/Town Square Theater?Either

Disney Hungarian
09-11-2011, 08:22 PM

Journey Into Your Imagination (the original ride)...or Journey Into Imagination with Figment?

Osbourne Family Spectacle of Lights: Residential Street Backlot....or Avenue of the Americas?

Awesome_guy
09-11-2011, 08:28 PM

Mission: Space...or Horizons? - I know many have VERY sentimental attachments to Horizon's but I've never experienced it and I LOVED Mission: Space last visit.

Journey Into Your Imagination (the original ride)...or Journey Into Imagination with Figment? - Based on what I here... Version One far exceeds the current one.

Main Street Electrical Parade...or SpectroMagic? - Tough call!? MSEP was our first at DL; but I did really like SpectroMagic too; I like the white/colour light contrast

Spaceship Earth: Walter Cronkite, Jeremy Irons, or Judy Dench? - Unlike most; I don't mind it currently.

Living Seas...or The Seas with Nemo and Friends? - Hmmmm... did not love the Nemo update; could see how the original seemed dated/generic though, too

Finding Nemo: The Musical...or Tarzan Rocks? - We caught Nemo on a VERY RAINY exhausted day; maybe that was the issue; but I loved Tarzan Rocks and all the stunts/music.

Osbourne Family Spectacle of Lights: Residential Street Backlot....or Avenue of the Americas? - Haven't experienced Lights

Monorail....or Ferry Boat? - although we love getting in Ferry rides, too.

Walt Disney Story....or Exposition Hall/Town Square Theater? - We got a sneak peak this summer! =)

TexasPrincessAurora
09-11-2011, 08:58 PM
If You Had Wings...or Buzz Lightyear? Buzz Lightyear

Stitch's Great Escape...ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter...or Mission to Mars? ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter

Mission: Space...or Horizons? HORIZONS!

World of Motion...or Test Track? WORLD OF MOTION!!!!

Journey Into Your Imagination (the original ride)...or Journey Into Imagination with Figment? The original....please, please, please!

El Rio del Tiempo...or Grande' Fiesta Tour? El Rio del Tiempo

Main Street Electrical Parade...or SpectroMagic? SpectroMagic

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea....or Pooh's 100 Acre Wood Playground? 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh...or Mr. Toad's Wild Ride? Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

Wishes...or Fantasy in the Sky? Wishes

Who Wants to be a Millionaire?....or Toy Story Mania? Toy Story Mania

Tapestry or Nations....or Tapestry of Dreams? Tapestry of Nations

Spaceship Earth: Walter Cronkite, Jeremy Irons, or Judy Dench? Walter Cronkite

Living Seas...or The Seas with Nemo and Friends? The Seas With Nemo

Finding Nemo: The Musical...or Tarzan Rocks? Tarzan Rocks

Osbourne Family Spectacle of Lights: Residential Street Backlot....or Avenue of the Americas? Avenue of the Americas

Monorail....or Ferry Boat? Monorail

Walt Disney Story....or Exposition Hall/Town Square Theater? Walt Disney Story

Poohluv85
09-11-2011, 09:03 PM
Buzz Lightyear, but to be fair I've never been on If you had wings

Stitch, Im a die hard stitch fan :stitch2:

Horizons all the way..I miss it

Test Track, but again Ive never been on World of Motion

Definitely the original ride, I miss this one too

El Rio del Tiempo..Im thinkin I dont really like change :p

Main Street Electric Light Parade!! Love it love it love it!!!

20,00 Leagues Under the Sea by far

Not turning out to be such a big pooh fan, but I really miss Mr. Toad's Wild Ride..I love The many Adventures but I wish they couldve fit it in elsewhere

So tough! but if I had to choose, Id probably choose Wishes..tomorrow I might change my mind though :p

Though I havent been on it yet, Toy Story Mania

Tapestry of Dreams

Jeremy Irons, it doesnt seem the same to me anymore, but I hadnt been on it when Walter Cronkite narrated so that may have altered my opinion a bit

Living Seas! what are they doing to the classic Epcot? :p

I actually really like Finding Nemo, its really well done, but Tarzan was awesome..soo I dont know

Spectacle of Lights

Monorail :D

The Walt Disney Story

sassy2000
09-11-2011, 10:56 PM
:mickey

Journey Into Your Imagination (the original ride)...or Journey Into Imagination with Figment? Neither

El Rio del Tiempo...or Grande' Fiesta Tour?(only because my DD4 loves it)

PopeCharming
09-11-2011, 11:20 PM
Here's mine...

If You Had Wings...or Buzz Lightyear? I prefer the one in the middle- Delta Dreamflight.
Stitch's Great Escape...ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter...or Mission to Mars? Mission to Mars was great fun-- I miss early 1990s Tomorrowland.

Horizons

This is one case where I actually prefer the replacement. Test Track is always enjoyable, and I love the final run through the track outside.

Journey Into Your Imagination (the original ride)...or Journey Into Imagination with Figment? The original JII
El Rio del Tiempo...or Grande' Fiesta Tour? I still can't believe they replaced the original with some cartoon characters from the 1940s whom nobody remembers.

Main Street Electrical Parade...or SpectroMagic? Not a fan of parades, but the MSEP

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea....or Pooh's 100 Acre Wood Playground? Neither.

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh...or Mr. Toad's Wild Ride? Give me Mr. Toad

Wishes...or Fantasy in the Sky? Wishes!

Who Wants to be a Millionaire?....or Toy Story Mania? Never been on either

Spaceship Earth: Walter Cronkite, Jeremy Irons, or Judy Dench? Mr. Irons!! He adds a drama to the ride that the genial Cronkite wasn't able to get.

Living Seas...or The Seas with Nemo and Friends? Original Living Seas.

Finding Nemo: The Musical...or Tarzan Rocks? Tarzan Rocks was probably the worst stage show I ever saw at Disney World, so Nemo wins by a mile.

Osbourne Family Spectacle of Lights: Residential Street Backlot....or Avenue of the Americas? Unfamiliar with all of them.

Please stand clear of the doors!

Walt Disney Story....or Exposition Hall/Town Square Theater? This space has, I fear, never been used well.:)

JasonH
09-12-2011, 01:44 AM
If You Had Wings...or Buzz Lightyear? Neither, Dreamflight :D

Stitch's Great Escape...ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter...or Mission to Mars? ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter

Mission: Space...or Horizons? Horizons

World of Motion...or Test Track? World of Motion

Journey Into Your Imagination (the original ride)...or Journey Into Imagination with Figment? Original

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea....or Pooh's 100 Acre Wood Playground? 20k Leagues Under the Sea

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh...or Mr. Toad's Wild Ride? Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

Spaceship Earth: Walter Cronkite, Jeremy Irons, or Judy Dench? Tie between Walter and Jeremy

Living Seas...or The Seas with Nemo and Friends? Hmmmmm, tough one. The Seas with Nemo only b/c of my oldest niece. :)

Finding Nemo: The Musical...or Tarzan Rocks? It's a tie.

Osbourne Family Spectacle of Lights: Residential Street Backlot....or Avenue of the Americas? Avenue of the Americas

Monorail....or Ferry Boat? No contest...Monorail

darthmacho
09-12-2011, 06:15 AM
This looks like fun! Here's my choices: :mickey:

Never saw the former, but I really like Buzz.

Funny thing is that I like Stitch, but AE was better.

Mission: Space...or Horizons? If it was just Orange, I wouldn't have picked it, but now that they have the Green version, I like Mission:Space.

World of Motion...or Test Track? Love Test Track!

Journey Into Your Imagination (the original ride)...or Journey Into Imagination with Figment? Never even saw the original, but it had to be better.

El Rio del Tiempo...or Grande' Fiesta Tour? Tough choice. I mis the old song and narrator...but the new version is cool too.

Main Street Electrical Parade...or SpectroMagic? I've seen both and I still prefer MSEP.

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea....or Pooh's 100 Acre Wood Playground? Never saw 20K, but it had to be better than that parent trap.

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh...or Mr. Toad's Wild Ride? Sorry Mr. Toad.

Wishes...or Fantasy in the Sky? It's all the same to me, but I went with Wishes by a nose.

Who Wants to be a Millionaire?....or Toy Story Mania? I haven't seen the latter, but the former was only so-so.If TSM is even half as good as the hype...

Spaceship Earth: Walter Cronkite, Jeremy Irons, or Judy Dench? :iron:

Living Seas...or The Seas with Nemo and Friends? Mine, mine, mine!

Finding Nemo: The Musical...or Tarzan Rocks? Haven't seen either, but I'd rather see the former.

Osbourne Family Spectacle of Lights: Residential Street Backlot....or Avenue of the Americas? Dunno... :shrug:

Walt Disney Story....or Exposition Hall/Town Square Theater? Dunno... :shrug:

SpecJoe Magic
09-12-2011, 06:56 AM
Great idea for a topic!

If You Had Wings- I've never liked Buzz Lightyear, as it has always come across to me as a cheap (relatively speaking) video game, and I always find it too difficult to find which red dot is mine. If You Had Wings was cheesy, but it was nice and relaxing. I would pick Dreamflight over both of them, though.

Alien Encounter- It was edgy, which is something that the Magic Kingdom lacks, and it had a great sense of dark humor. Mission to Mars was okay for its time, but Stitch is just plain revolting.

Horizons- I am actually a big fan of Mission: Space. It's a shame it didn't replace something besides Horizons. Horizons was top-notch, unique, and full of Disney magic. I still say it's one of the best attractions that WDW has ever had.

World of Motion- I've never been very impressed with Test Track. It's decent, but I feel that only about half of the ride is good. World of Motion was a little goofy, but it was fun (to be free);).

Journey Into Your Imagination (the original ride)...or Journey Into Imagination with Figment?Original Journey Into Imagination- It's as simple as this, they replaced a wonderfully imaginative attraction with a pathetic, boring waste of space.

El Rio del Tiempo- Truthfully, I've never cared for either attraction, but the old song was so catchy and fun that I'd rather have it back.

Spectro Magic- It's a tough call. Main Street Electrical Parade is exciting, but I have to give the edge to Spectro Magic because it has more of a Disney dreamlike feeling that appeals to me and fits in well with the idea of WDW. Plus, I think the lighting is much better on Spectro Magic. Besides, you didn't really think I would pick against my user name, did you? ;)

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea....or Pooh's 100 Acre Wood Playground? 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea- No need to explain. It's a pretty good attraction vs. a playground

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride- I must admit that the Pooh attraction has grown on me over the years, but Mr. Toad's was so unique with its two different sides setup. It was two different experiences in one attraction.

Wishes- It's not even close. Fantasy in the Sky was a solid show, but Wishes takes it to a whole new level. All of the aspects of Wishes come together with such precision that it is a thing of beauty to behold.

Who Wants to be a Millionaire?- I know Toy Story Mania is extremely popular and I enjoy it a lot, but hear me out on this one. Millionaire holds a very special memory for me. I tried to make it into the hot seat a few times over the years and got close several times, but I had never made it. May 2005 was my first trip to WDW with my then girlfriend (now wife). She told me that she had a feeling that I would make it to the hot seat while we were waiting in the queue. I didn't win the fastest finger, but I was at the top of the audience leader board when the contestant in the hot seat missed a question, so I finally made it into the hot seat! I was thrilled that I got to share that moment with my wife and the other members of my family that were there. It's truly one of the best moments I've ever had at WDW.

Either- I liked both of them about the same. I really wish one or the other were still running.

Jeremy Irons- I think the Judi Dench and the Walter Cronkite narrations are good, but the Jeremy Irons narration is among the best audio experiences that Disney has ever created. Not only was his delivery flawless, but the writing was superb, too.

The Seas with Nemo and Friends- I believe that The Living Seas needed to be freshened up and the Nemo additions were a good choice. I don't care much for the ride, but Turtle Talk is great, especially since the little kids can interact with him.

Finding Nemo: The Musical- I always thought Tarzan Rocks was too loud and obnoxious (the stunts were neat, though). The Nemo Musical has a Broadway feel to it with fantastic songs and colorful sets. I tend to sing the songs from the show to myself on a regular basis.:D

Osbourne Family Spectacle of Lights: Residential Street Backlot....or Avenue of the Americas? Both- I can't choose. The Residential Street gave it a more appropriate feeling considering that the lights were originally in a suburban neighborhood in Arkansas, but Disney has done an excellent job of putting the lights in a big city landscape along with adding the "dancing," which is a nice touch.

Monorail- The Monorail is quintessential Disney. It's both transportation and an attraction and that can't be said for very many things.

Exposition Hall/Town Square Theater- I definitely think that Walt's story should be told to WDW guests, but that is being fulfilled quite well at One Man's Dream, so there is no need for the Walt Disney Story anymore.

Ian
09-12-2011, 09:30 AM
Bolded attraction is my pick:

Stu29573
09-12-2011, 11:20 AM
I had to realy think on a couple of these and try to put entertainment value ahead of nostalgia.That being said my choices are:

Buzz Lightyear. I loved If you Had Wings, but I think Buzz is the more fun ride.

ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter. Even though I didn't actually care for it much it was better than MTM and MUCH MUCH better than Stitch. If I went for nostalgia, I would have picked MTM...

Horizons. MS is....ok......but there's not much story or imaginiation there.

World of Motion. Read the above.

Journey Into Your Imagination. The original had everything going for it. Now...well, it's just sad.

Grande' Fiesta Tour. Weirdly enough, I like the re-do. I think the original was more in keeping with the idea of the World Showcase, but the new one at least nods to those ideas, while making it a bit more entertaining.

Main Street Electrical Parade. Although having seen it agin on our last trip it didn't seem quite as good.

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I find this question slightly insulting. Enough said.

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh AND Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I like both and I feel they should both be there. After all, they are in DL.

Fantasy in the Sky. I liked the way it pulled the themes of the different land into it. Wishes is ok, but it trys a little too hard at times...

Toy Story Mania. I'll take a ride over a show (even an interactive one) any day!

Tapestry.... Don't really care.

Spaceship Earth: Walter Cronkite. The first and the ultimate. His reassuring voice made you think that anything actually could happen in the future.

Living Seas. Ok, I thought the original was a little dull, but the re-do is so half hearted, I think they should have just left it alone.

Finding Nemo: The Musical. Mainly because I've never been a big Tarzan fan.

Osbourne Family Spectacle of Lights: Residential Street Backlot. It seems to fit much better here.

Monorail. Gotta love the rail!

Walt Disney Story. I'm not even sure what its supposed to be now.

Also, a vote for Monster Sound Show over Sounds Stupid, er I mean "Dangerous."

and Superstar TV over American Idol

laprana
09-12-2011, 12:41 PM
Great post!!

If You Had Wings...or Buzz Lightyear? Buzz Lightyear

World of Motion...or Test Track? Test Track

Journey Into Your Imagination (the original ride)...or Journey Into Imagination with Figment? Journey Into Your Imagination (the original ride)

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea....or Pooh's 100 Acre Wood Playground? 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Tapestry or Nations....or Tapestry of Dreams? Never saw either. :(

Spaceship Earth: Walter Cronkite, Jeremy Irons, or Judy Dench? Walter Cronkite

Living Seas...or The Seas with Nemo and Friends? The Seas with Nemo and Friends

Finding Nemo: The Musical...or Tarzan Rocks? Finding Nemo: The Musical

Osbourne Family Spectacle of Lights: Residential Street Backlot....or Avenue of the Americas? Osbourne Family Spectacle of Lights: Residential Street Backlot

Monorail....or Ferry Boat? Monorail

big blue and hairy
09-12-2011, 04:20 PM

:sulley:

brownie
09-12-2011, 04:51 PM

Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin

Stitch's Great Escape

Horizons

Test Track

The original

Gran Fiesta Tour

SpectroMagic

20,000 Leagues

Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

Fantasy in the Sky

Toy Story Midway Mania

Tapestry of Nations

Jeremy Irons

The Seas with Nemo and Friends

Finding Nemo: The Musical

Avenue of the Americas

Monorail

Walt Disney Story

PopPhan
09-12-2011, 04:57 PM
If You Had Wings...or Buzz Lightyear? --- Never had the chance to experience IYHW

Stitch's Great Escape...ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter...or Mission to Mars? --- Stitch just doesn't do it for me and my first visit was well after MtM closed

Mission: Space...or Horizons? --- Never had the chance to experience Horizons

World of Motion...or Test Track? --- Never had the chance to experience WoM

Journey Into Your Imagination (the original ride)...or Journey Into Imagination with Figment? --- Gotta be better than the current version, even though I do think the current version is a cute "one and done" attraction.

El Rio del Tiempo...or Grande' Fiesta Tour? --- Either/or on these - they both have/had their good points and bad...Tossup

Main Street Electrical Parade...or SpectroMagic? --- BOTH!! I like the theme of Spectro better, but the length of MSEP makes it nice

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea....or Pooh's 100 Acre Wood Playground? --- Never had the chance to experience 20K, but would think that it would be much more enjoyable - for the post-10 year old crowd

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh...or Mr. Toad's Wild Ride? --- Never had the chance to experience MTWR

Wishes...or Fantasy in the Sky? --- Never had the chance to experience FitS, but LOVE Wishes, so it wins anyway!

Who Wants to be a Millionaire?....or Toy Story Mania? --- BOTH! Why couldn't they have shifted WWtbaM to the open soundstage?

Tapestry or Nations....or Tapestry of Dreams? --- Never had the chance to experience either of these!

Spaceship Earth: Walter Cronkite, Jeremy Irons, or Judy Dench? -- Never got to hear Cronkite's version and Dame Judy Dench's version is a bit too 'preachy'

Living Seas...or The Seas with Nemo and Friends? --- Either/or....these are/were both pretty 'blah'

Finding Nemo: The Musical...or Tarzan Rocks? --- BOTH!!! Find someplace to bring Tarzan Rocks back!

Osbourne Family Spectacle of Lights: Residential Street Backlot....or Avenue of the Americas? --- This isn't really fair! Osborne Lights by a mile, BUT the light show couldn't have been brought in without the AotA being there, right?

Monorail....or Ferry Boat? --- Tossup here, although Ferry would win by a nose - don't care for the scent of the monorail

Walt Disney Story....or Exposition Hall/Town Square Theater? --- Pretty much a tossup here as well. Neither are 'must see' attractions for us (I know -- have us drawn and quartered for blasphemy!! LOL)

A lot of these I missed or only got minimal exposure to due to only recently getting the WDW "BUG!"

PETE FROM NYC
09-12-2011, 06:25 PM
OK here is my two cents worth:

Wings, definitely

Really never cared for any of these

Horizons was one of my faves of the originals.

World of Motion, my #2 fave.

Original, hands down.

Rio was nice, new version dumbed down.

Seen both, prefer Spectro.

No preference here.

Not a fan of either.

Liked both.

TSM, naturally.

Never saw them.

Cronkite.

Living Seas, Nemo is a joke.

Never seen.

Backlot

The one with the shortest line.

Uncle Walt rules!!!

angua85
09-12-2011, 07:49 PM
If you had wings!

Stitch's Great Escape...ExtraTERRORestrial
ExtraTERRORestrial, of course

Alien Encounter...or Mission to Mars?
Alien Encounter
Not sure I remember what these are. I think Mission:Space
I dont go on either

the original

Rio del Tiempo

I dont watch parades

Never went on 20,000 Leagues, but Pooh is cute

Pooh

Fireworks are boring

I'll take a Mickey ice cream bar please
Not seen either

I've enjoyed them all

I like the Seas with Nemo and Friends
Finding Nemo: The Musical (this is the current puppet show, right?)

Osbourne Family Spectacle of Lights: Residential Street Backlot....or Avenue of the Americas?Trick question! the Spectacle of Lights is seasonal

I have not been on the Ferry for years- so cant judge

Walt Disney Story....or Exposition Hall/Town Square Theater? Dont think I've been in either- this is Main Street? Or are you referring to the DHS exhibit?

snowflakegirl
09-12-2011, 09:22 PM

Osbourne Family Spectacle of Lights: Residential Street Backlot....or Avenue of the Americas? I've never seen the Spectacle of Lights, so I can't judge.

dmosher
09-14-2011, 12:54 AM

jnfr2424
09-14-2011, 07:24 AM

DNS
09-14-2011, 12:17 PM

I have not seen Osborne Lights yet, so I did not vote on that one.

CosmicRay
09-14-2011, 12:46 PM
Lightyear
Mission to Mars
Horizons?
World of Motion
Journey Into Your Imagination
Grande' Fiesta Tour?
SpectroMagic
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Wishes
Toy Story Mania
Tapestry or Nations
Spaceship Earth: Jeremy Irons
The Seas with Nemo and Friends
Tarzan Rocks?
Osbourne Family Spectacle of Lights: Avenue of the Americas
Monorail

SBETigg
09-14-2011, 01:25 PM
Buzz Lightyear

Mission to Mars

Horizons

Test Track

Journey Into Your Imagination (the original ride)

El Rio del Tiempo

Main Street Electrical Parade

Wishes

Toy Story Mania

Tapestry or Nations

Living Seas

Finding Nemo: The Musical.

Residential Street Backlot.

Monorail

Walt Disney Story.

Main Street Jim
09-14-2011, 10:20 PM
*Great* responses :)

Great to see a good mix of an "old skool/new school" crowd.

For those of you that never got to experience If You Had Wings, Horizons, World of Motion, Alien Encounter, etc....please check 'em out on YouTube and various other sites :) They were *classic* Disney Imagineering at their finest. Sure, some of it's kinda "cheesy"...(get it? "cheesy"...Mickey Mouse...never mind..)...but it was still *classic*.

badkitty
09-15-2011, 04:42 PM

DisneyKim22
09-15-2011, 11:01 PM

Stitch's Great Escape...ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter...or Mission to Mars? I don't think I ever went on Missionto Mars! Wow!

Mission: Space...or Horizons? I love both, but I miss the edutainment aspect of Epcot.

World of Motion...or Test Track? I don't remember WoM breaking down every time I wanted to ride.

Journey Into Your Imagination (the original ride)...or Journey Into Imagination with Figment? NO CONTEST!!!!!!!

El Rio del Tiempo or Grande' Fiesta Tour? I adore Donald Duck, but I miss the original song

Main Street Electrical Parade...or SpectroMagic? No preference here. Loved them both.

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea....or Pooh's 100 Acre Wood Playground? I have no kids and would rather have a ride than a playground to entertain me. Maybe I'd feel differently if I were a parent.

Who Wants to be a Millionaire?....or Toy Story Mania? LOVE TSM!

Tapestry or Nations....or Tapestry of Dreams? I always wish they would bring this back....but while I remember the two different titles, I don't remember the difference in the actual parades. I listen to the music all the time! I just want them to bring one of them back.

Spaceship Earth: Walter Cronkite, Jeremy Irons, or Judy Dench? Again, nostalgia.

Living Seas...or The Seas with Nemo and Friends? I enjoy Nemo, but I miss the movie. "and it rained....and it rained.....and it rained..... the deluge" :thumbsup:

Finding Nemo: The Musical...or Tarzan Rocks? Haven't seen either of them.

Osbourne Family Spectacle of Lights: Residential Street Backlot....or Avenue of the Americas? I can't pick! I loved walking through the "neighborhood", but I love the energy of the new version. Just beautiful!!

Great post MS Jim!

Janmac
09-16-2011, 02:31 PM
Definitely Buzz for me but DH loved If You Had Wings

Mission t Mars

Mission: Space

Test Track

The original, for sure. Hands down.

El Rio del Tiempo...or Grande' Fiesta Tour? Can't recall doing the new ride tho my sister's granddaughter loves it.

Main Street Electrical Parade

20 thousand leaks, for sure (I did get leaked on once, on this ride)

Toad all the way :(

Hallo-wishes ;)

Who Wants to be a Millionaire?....or Toy Story Mania? TSM, no contest

:confused: Don't think I've seen either

Cronkite, and that's the way it is

Well, Living Seas from about 15 or 20 years ago - yes. The way it was just pre-Nemo, I'd have to vote for Nemo.

Finding Nemo: The Musical...or Tarzan Rocks? :confused:
again - haven't seen either.

No opinion.

Monorail....or Ferry Boat? Depends on the time of day and whether the ferry is there, but most times - the ferry.

Walt Disney Story....or Exposition Hall/Town Square Theater? no opinion

Thanks for a fun thread - and welcome back.

Jan

Main Street Jim
09-16-2011, 08:19 PM
Hallo-wishes That wasn't one of the options :)

Oh - and thanks for the "welcome back" :thumbsup:

texas211
09-16-2011, 08:25 PM
Would rather have dreamflight. Love my dark rides. Though, Buzz isn't too bad of a replacement compared to other abominations.

None of the above. Would rather have anything. Its obviously a cursed area, and doomed to have ****** attractions that continue to get worse.Put in another gift store, bathroom, anything.

Ah, the abomination. Horizons. Too bad it wasn't MS that fell into the sink hole.

Either. But WOM was a great one. I do enjoy the ride on TT, but doesn't if into Future World concept as well.

Original, not even close. Long live the old ride.

Both were boring, and not that interesting. So neither. The current incarnation seems so deliberate and obtuse. Rather have something with a true story.

Main Street by a hair.

Blasphemous to even put those in the same sentence. DIVE DIVE.

More Blasphemy. RIP Mr. Toad. We miss you. Though, on its own. Pooh is a good ride.

Eh

To Infinity and BEYOND! Millions of people who wait hours in long aren't wrong. Great ride.

N/A

While I enjoy the new video game thing at the end, can't beat Walter Cronkite.

Miss the Living Seas concept, but do like how much fast i can get into the attraction It is entertaining. Bug again, away from the Future World concept loses points.

Never saw Tarzan. But if I compared it to the original Lion King show that was like it, SIMBA..

N/A

Monorail. Only place where I can ride it, and not want to buy Berkenstocks and eat granola.

Hear Ye, Hear Ye

Mfarquar
09-17-2011, 08:28 AM
Great Post!

If You Had Wings...or Buzz Lightyear? If You Had Wings - I haven't experienced this since I was something like 9 years old. I would love to experience it again just to compare. I'm getting a little sick of Buzz...

Stitch's Great Escape...ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter...or Mission to Mars? No doubt, ExtraTERRORestrial. Rode this so many times. Best was right after Eisner tested it and requested that it be amped up. Scared me to death the first time and I was hooked - I guess that's why I like HHN at Universal so much now. Even took a nun on it during a class trip. So funny (she liked it, I'm not totally a bad person)!

Mission: Space...or Horizons? Horizons (same reason as If You Had Wings vs. Buzz)

Journey Into Your Imagination (the original ride)...or Journey Into Imagination with Figment? ORIGINAL!

El Rio del Tiempo...or Grande' Fiesta Tour? I actually like Grade Fiesta Tour... LOVED the cartoons when I was little - they always used to be on Disney Channel

Main Street Electrical Parade...or SpectroMagic? Gotta go OG... Main Street Electrical Parade

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea....or Pooh's 100 Acre Wood Playground? 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (scared me so much when I was 5 because there was a drip above my head. I was convinced we were leaking haha!)

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh...or Mr. Toad's Wild Ride? Gotta go with my friend, Toad. So sad to see him go.

Wishes...or Fantasy in the Sky? Wishes, hands down.

Who Wants to be a Millionaire?....or Toy Story Mania? Oh geeze, this is so hard. I was a BIG fan of both and wish they could exist at the same time. Can I say BOTH?!

Spaceship Earth: Walter Cronkite, Jeremy Irons, or Judy Dench? Dame Judi Dench

Living Seas...or The Seas with Nemo and Friends? The Seas with Nemo and Friends

Finding Nemo: The Musical...or Tarzan Rocks? Neither

Osbourne Family Spectacle of Lights: Residential Street Backlot....or Avenue of the Americas? RESIDENTIAL STREET BACKLOT. R.I.P. Golden Girls House

Monorail....or Ferry Boat? Monorail. Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Walt Disney Story....or Exposition Hall/Town Square Theater? Walk Disney Story

ryca1dreams
09-17-2011, 09:51 AM
Buzz Lightyear

ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter

Horizons

[can't decide-I like both]

Journey Into Your Imagination (the original ride)

Grande' Fiesta Tour?

[haven't seen MSEP]

Wishes

Toy Story Mania?

Living Seas

Finding Nemo: The Musical

[only saw one - forget which one]

Monorail

Walt Disney Story

LudwigVonDrake
09-17-2011, 07:33 PM

waymickey
09-18-2011, 09:45 AM
If You Had Wings...or Buzz Lightyear? Buzz
Stitch's Great Escape...ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter...or Mission to Mars? mission to mars

Journey Into Your Imagination (the original ride)...or Journey Into Imagination with Figment? Original

El Rio del Tiempo...or Grande' Fiesta Tour? Grande Fiesta Tour
Main Street Electrical Parade...or SpectroMagic?Love them both

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea....or Pooh's 100 Acre Wood Playground? 20,000 LUTS

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh...or Mr. Toad's Wild Ride? POOh
Wishes...or Fantasy in the Sky? both

Who Wants to be a Millionaire?....or Toy Story Mania? really ??? TSM all the way

Tapestry or Nations....or Tapestry of Dreams? niether

Spaceship Earth: Walter Cronkite, Jeremy Irons, or Judy Dench? Not a fan of Judy, I don't remeber when Cronkite did it so I go with Irons

Living Seas...or The Seas with Nemo and Friends? Living seas

Finding Nemo: The Musical...or Tarzan Rocks? Tarzan Rocks

Osbourne Family Spectacle of Lights: Residential Street Backlot....or Avenue of the Americas? Residental street backlot

Monorail....or Ferry Boat? both
Walt Disney Story....or Exposition Hall/Town Square Theater ??? not sure

Boost
09-18-2011, 11:56 AM
What a great post!

OK, I will comment on the ones that I are/were my favorites:

I LOVED LOVED LOVED If You Had Wings, but Buzz is a family favorite now.

Horizons was incredible and I miss it, but Mission: Space is a great addition!

Electrical Parade...always!!

20,000 Leagues - miss it...not the greatest smelling ride (I recall a diesel fuel smell) and not the coolest in the summer...

Mr. Toad was awesome...

Toy Story Mania - love it!!

Cronkite for SSE

Living Seas was great!

Also...Universe of Energy was much better than Ellen.....

donnine
09-20-2011, 08:46 AM
If You Had Wings...or Buzz Lightyear?---BUZZ

Stitch's Great Escape...ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter...or Mission to Mars?--MTM

Mission: Space...or Horizons?--Mission:Space

World of Motion...or Test Track? World of Motion with the fast part of TT at the end.

Journey Into Your Imagination (the original ride)...or Journey Into Imagination with Figment? The original

El Rio del Tiempo...or Grande' Fiesta Tour? Either

Definitely SpectroMagic!! The music is wonderful.

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea....or Pooh's 100 Acre Wood Playground? 20,00 Leagues(for my husband)

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh...or Mr. Toad's Wild Ride? Either

Wishes...or Fantasy in the Sky? Either

Who Wants to be a Millionaire?....or Toy Story Mania? Toy Story Mania--definitely!!

Tapestry of Nations I think--the parade during the millenium One of the BEST!

Spaceship Earth: Walter Cronkite, Jeremy Irons, or Judy Dench?-NO contest-Walter Cronkite

Living Seas...or The Seas with Nemo and Friends? Neither one is that great.

Finding Nemo: The Musical...or Tarzan Rocks?Tarzan Rocks

Osbourne Family Spectacle of Lights: Residential Street Backlot....or Avenue of the Americas?---Osbourne LIghts

Monorail....or Ferry Boat? Love them both for different reasons.

:) Love almost everything about WDW

Disneywarrior
09-20-2011, 10:25 AM

HackLaSalle
09-20-2011, 12:00 PM
If You Had Wings...or Buzz Lightyear? What about Delta Dreamflight!? Out of the two I'd go with If You Had Wings. After Toy Story opened Buzz feels kinda underwhelming.

Stitch's Great Escape...ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter...or Mission to Mars?ExtraTERRORestrial! I get that it didn't really fit in MK but such a superior attraction than Stitch.

Mission: Space...or Horizons? You can hate if you want but I'll take Mission: Space

World of Motion...or Test Track? Something entirely different? Is that an option? Out of the two Test Track with fingers crossed for the new refurb.

Journey Into Your Imagination (the original ride)...or Journey Into Imagination with Figment? Is it even close? THE ORIGINAL!!!

El Rio del Tiempo...or Grande' Fiesta Tour? I don't really think either one is superior they're both fine.

Main Street Electrical Parade...or SpectroMagic? MSEP!

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea....or Pooh's 100 Acre Wood Playground? That's kind of harsh obviously the choice over the previous playground and 20,000 leagues is easy. But isn't that area being used in New Fantasyland?

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh...or Mr. Toad's Wild Ride? Pooh. Bring on the hate.

Wishes...or Fantasy in the Sky? Again, I'd vote for something new. But I'm a huge fan of Wishes

Who Wants to be a Millionaire?....or Toy Story Mania? Midway Mania but can't we swing Millionaire over to American Idol?

Tapestry or Nations....or Tapestry of Dreams? I think neither is ok I don't think a parade around World Showcase is a good idea.

Spaceship Earth: Walter Cronkite, Jeremy Irons, or Judy Dench? Jeremy Irons

Living Seas...or The Seas with Nemo and Friends? Living Seas.

Finding Nemo: The Musical...or Tarzan Rocks? Nemo the Musical.

Osbourne Family Spectacle of Lights: Residential Street Backlot....or Avenue of the Americas? Avenue of Americas. More room.

Monorail....or Ferry Boat?Come on Ferry Boat!

Walt Disney Story....or Exposition Hall/Town Square Theater? I actually like the Exposition Hall/Town Square Theatre but I feel Walt needs more space than just One Man's Dream

Added mine in blue.