PDA

View Full Version : Just back-- Dining report card

MarkC
09-11-2011, 05:02 PM
Hi everyone. We just returned from the World, and I'm going to rank the restaurants in order of how my wife and I enjoyed them. Some of this is subjective and it can vary from meal to meal. Some of you won't agree with this based on your experience. The pleasant surprise was Nine Dragons at China because I'd read a lot of average reviews, but my wife and I both thought it was excellent. I'm not going to even bother to rate the service because that was excellent everywhere. We loved Birgit at Biergarten as our favorite waitress but everyone was very good. Here you go..............

1. Grand Floridian Cafe (lunch)
2. Nine Dragons (dinner)
3. Boma (breakfast)
4. Yak N Yeti (lunch)
5. Biergarten (dinner)
6. Hollywood Brown Derby (dinner)
7. Earl of Sandwich (lunch)
8. Cap n Jack's Restaurant (dinner)
9. Commisary (dinner)

I know, how could we rate Biergarten above the Brown Derby? Well, just the atmosphere and selection I guess. The Brown Derby had a somewhat limited menu and it was a lot of stuff that was a little eccentric. Still very good but that's just our opinion. Cap n Jacks was the only disappointment. I had a chicken breast that was very dry. Otherwise it was fine. Overall, we loved everything I would go back to most of them. I'm sure this will generate some debate and differences of opinion.

tundramom
09-11-2011, 05:05 PM
Aaaarghh, sorry to hear Capn Jacks report..we are trying it for first time, non seafood eaters, me I only eat chicken, things are not looking good:(:drama::nope:

SBETigg
09-11-2011, 05:08 PM
I don't think anyone can really debate how you felt about the restaurants. That's your call. But I'm glad you shared. I love to see how others feel about their dining experiences.

NJGIRL
09-11-2011, 05:50 PM
We are going to the Nine Dragons for the first time in Oct, so I'm glad you rated it so high.

We will also have a return visit to BOMA for breakfast. :thumbsup: Glad it is still good!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-11-2011, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the feedback....

Katzateer
09-11-2011, 07:28 PM
What is good at Yak and Yetis? Never tried that one

Glad you had good dining on your trip!:thumbsup:

bouncer
09-11-2011, 07:34 PM
We had the CP pkg with Nine Dragons dinner last December and I almost changed it due to the average reviews I was seeing posted here. We were also happily surprised there. Great food, Great service! :mickey: I haven't been to Biergarten since one of my first few trips after their great reviews here I may need to try that again soon too. :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing.

lighteningqueen
09-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Nine Dragons is good.Hubby had some kind of Sweet and Sour, I had Pepper Beef very very good and so is their Tea.

Yak is excellant as well we both had Steak and shrimp best value for the money and those wonderful wontons for dessert Can't wait for both of these in Jan . Hint I like my steak done no pink.Be sure and stress this. I sent it back 2 times I want no pink. Great when it did come out right.

January-2007
09-11-2011, 08:46 PM
Thanks for reporting.

TheDuckRocks
09-12-2011, 11:43 AM
What is good at Yak and Yetis? Never tried that one

Glad you had good dining on your trip!:thumbsup:

Yak & Yeti has become one of our most favorite dining spots in all of WDW. Have never had anything that was less than really, really good. I have developed a very bad habit of my fork getting out of control and thiefing food from plates other than my own here.:blush:

artyboy
09-12-2011, 03:52 PM
We like Yak and Yeti for appetizers and cocktails...the food is always excellent. Try to grab a spot at the bar if it looks like it has a long wait.

MarkC
09-12-2011, 04:08 PM
At Yak N Yeti we had some appetizers as we were still pretty full from Boma at breakfast. The wok fried green beens were very good, as were the pork pot stickers. My wife had the lettuce wraps and those were very good as well. Can't remember our waitress name (Tammy maybe) but she was excellent as well. We enjoyed it and that will definitely generate a return visit next time.

Katzateer
09-12-2011, 08:32 PM
Sounds like we need to try Yak and Yeti- thanks!

Crow
09-14-2011, 04:29 PM
thanks for sharing. always like to hear dining reviews

darthmacho
09-14-2011, 05:42 PM
Love Yak and Yeti, Nine Dragons, and Boma, despite the wide range of reviews for each of them. We had great meals at all three.