PDA

View Full Version : jetblue-strollers

mama2haven
09-11-2011, 03:22 PM
i would like to gate check my strollers so i get them once i get off the plane. my friend said i could do this on jetblue. i have never done it before so i am wondering how it works. i would like to avoid baggage as i am using magical express. will the stroller being waiting at the orlando jetblue gate? or baggage? i have a stroller and an umbrella stroller. my little one gets lost easily so i would prefer her strapped in aa much as possible while in the airport.

VWL Mom
09-11-2011, 05:34 PM
You take your stroller with you and when boarding they will tag it. You will take it to the end of the gateway, fold it, & leave it there. When you land you will need to wait and pick it up at the gateway door.

faline
09-11-2011, 06:44 PM
Every airline I've traveled offers this service - it's called "gate checking" your stroller. You bring your stroller with you to the loading gate. Be sure to get a tag at the desk there before you board. You roll your stroller right down the gateway until just before you step on the plane. There will be folks located there to take your stroller from you and load it below. When you land, you will retrieve your stroller just after you step off the plane and before you walk up the gateway - if it is not there as you step off the plane, you may need to wait a little bit before your stroller appears.

AntMagsMom
09-13-2011, 11:08 AM
I've done it with JetBlue. As others have said it's waiting right as you get off the plane.

BrerGnat
09-13-2011, 11:16 AM
This is very easy to do, but you do have to remember to go up to the gate agent at the boarding gate and do the process there. You need to do it BEFORE boarding has commenced. They will issue a tag for you and then when you board, just before entering the plane, you will fold down the stroller and leave it there.

My advice to you with a young child is to get off the plane LAST. That way, the stroller will be there waiting for you and you won't be in the way as everyone gets off the plane.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
09-14-2011, 10:08 PM
Gate checking the stroller is GREAT! We have 3 kids under 7. We take a double jogger and a single umbrella for all of them. Better to have them seated and rolling in front of you! Then you know where they are at all times, ESPECIALLY since they outnumber us parents!