PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe it's over trip report!

DisneyMom12
09-11-2011, 02:38 PM
My trip ran from 8/18-8/24. We were a Grand Gathering consisting of 16 adults 2 teens and 6 kids ages 6,4,1,1,1,1, and occupied 9 rooms at All Star Movies.

I had originally planned this trip for 2008, but due to my BIL being shipped to Iraq it was put off till he returned home. He returned home in the early summer of 2010, and the planning began. This was to be a special trip for all sorts of occasions. My DS4 and MIL were celebrating birthdays, My DS1, and my DN's 6 &1 were celebrating their first visit, and above all my BIL was home safe and we were all together. Let the Memories Begin could not have been more perfect.
I drove down with my 2 youngest boys,DH and BIL, and good friend. My oldest son flew with my Mom. When I was about 1/2 hour away from ASMO, I got a call from my mom saying that then did not group any of the rooms together, and we were all spread out throughout the resort in different buildings. Now this is not how I wanted to start out, especially with a migraine. They bent over backwards to try to accommodate us. Long story short the best they could do was put us in Fantasia, and Dalmatians buildings. 4 rooms in Dalmatians not near each other , and 5 in Fantasia spread out. I thought the reason you book as a Grand Gathering was to have your rooms close to each other. Thus began the grumbling of we should have never come.
I spent my first night at the ER because I left by migraine meds home, and could not get rid of that headache. It really was not starting out well at all, but I refused to let it get me down. I was determined to have a great trip. It was 3 years since I had last been, and it will be another 2 years before I get back.
To Be Continued.....

SBETigg
09-11-2011, 05:11 PM
Ooh, migraines can be brutal. So sorry you were suffering on your arrival to WDW. I think maybe things get better after a shaky start? I hope so!

RedSoxFan
09-11-2011, 05:46 PM
As a migraine sufferer, I feel your pain. Nothing worse than having one and then having things not work as planned. I do hope that it went away and did not linger for your entire vacation.

BigRedDad
09-11-2011, 05:58 PM
It is a misconception that Grand Gatherings put you together. I found this out 3 years ago. I spent 2 hours trying to get 3 rooms close. Eventually, they got two rooms next to each other and 1 about 5 down. With the number of rooms you required, I am surprised they were able to do what they did. I call that a win.

Sorry for the migraine. I know how they are. I can't remember the pill I get, but I can only get a single pill at a time as a prescription. The Dr. calls in a single pill each time. The pill knocks it out in an hour or so every time.

Hope things get better moving on. I know going as a group is a pain and the best advice is to go separate ways and meet up for meals and swim.

faline
09-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Starting your trip in the ER is not good! Hope it's all wonderful going forward!

dtootsie42
09-11-2011, 09:34 PM
Sorry to hear that this trip got off to a rocky start. I also have migraines so I totally understand. Hope the trip got better.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-12-2011, 10:22 AM
Wow, here's hoping the rest of it was better

January-2007
09-19-2011, 01:09 PM
Thanks for reporting.