PDA

View Full Version : Wishes from outside MK (other than the Poly beach)

5MemphisTiggers
09-11-2011, 01:51 PM
I know about watching Wishes from the beach at the Poly (love doing that). Also, watching from the California Grille would be great, but I'm not eating there.

Other than those spots, is there a place outside MK where one can get a relatively good view of the evening fireworks? Someplace at the Grand Floridian? Anyplace?

(The threads I searched talked about the beach at the Poly).

Anyone with a secret spot to share?

Strmchsr
09-11-2011, 02:37 PM
You can see Wishes pretty well from the boat landing at the TTC. Not great as it's at a distance all the way across the lake, but you can definitely see it.

Altair
09-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Yes the ferry boat landing is a good place. Some CM's will let you stand on the ramp and others will run you off. You can always stand behind the gate, but when a boat comes to unload your view is gone until everyone is off.:mickey:

VWL Mom
09-11-2011, 03:47 PM
There is a viewing deck on the 4th floor of the Contemporary.

SBETigg
09-11-2011, 04:55 PM
You can get a good view at the Grand Floridian marina area, outside Gasparilla Grill at the GF. It's not straight on, as it is at the Poly, but you do have a straight on view of the castle there, with the fireworks off-center due to location, but still awesome. If you're staying at the GF and don't mind missing some of the lower fireworks, you can even watch the fireworks from the courtyard pool.

faline
09-11-2011, 06:55 PM
You can see the fireworks from the dock at the Grand Floridian. My daughter and I watched from there in February and had a nice view. You can also see the fireworks from the beach at Fort Wilderness. You can see them from the dock area at the Contemporary but you won't see the entire show from this location.