PDA

View Full Version : Dental?

Janmac
09-11-2011, 11:59 AM
My niece is looking into dental plans and/or dental insurance, which is apparently different.

(who knew they were different?)

Anyway, what are your experiences with dental plans or dental insurance? Or are you self pay?

Thanks

Jan

Daisy'sMom
09-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Our family has a plan thru Met Life called Safeguard. I just had extensive work done and was so glad we had the insurance. Without it, it would have cost over 5000, but with it, I paid less than a thousand.:mickey:

disney obsessed
09-11-2011, 04:10 PM
I am really glad to hear that someone has had good luck with dental coverage. My youngest needs a lot of work due to poor enamal coverage. I have not been able to find a plan that will be of any use to us. I have looked everywhere. My best option was to go to a university hospital for treatment. The last time we went to University of Maryland (which has the number 1 dental school in the country) we saved over $40,000. That was even with the travel expenses. We will continue to see them for the continued care she needs. An aside is that we cannot do braces with them because it is too far. We live in Virginia Beach. So, we will do the braces locally.

I looked at about five differant schools before I choose UM.