PDA

View Full Version : Marriott Hotels

HoosierDisneyFan
09-11-2011, 11:33 AM
I am considering going to Disneyland (for the first time) during spring break 2012. I was trying to compare the 2 Marriott locations (Fairfield Inn and Anaheim Marriott Hotel) with the Disneyland Hotel. The Anaheim Marriott Hotel seems to be the farest distance from the parks but described as 2 blocks away. Can we really reasonable walk to the parks as the "2 blocks" would guess?

Any thoughts on the my options, good & bad?

Mrs Bus Driver
09-18-2011, 11:40 AM
If it is a short walk you want then the Park View inn directly across the street is where you want to be. It is clean but not fancy. If you prefer a name brand and nicer rooms stay at the marriott. It is a bit of a walk but if you are in good shape it should be okay. The only problem is the long walk back after a day at the parks. Check their website they may have a shuttle service.:mickey:

Patricia
09-18-2011, 12:10 PM
If you have Google Earth you can check the walking distance for yourself. Those are big blocks.

Using Google Earth as a reference, I picked Fairfield Inn for my last stay and it was a very close, 5 minute walk. Not deluxe, but nice, clean and comfortable with free wifi. I would stay here again.

BrerGnat
09-18-2011, 02:15 PM
I'd recommend the Fairfield Inn as a better, closer option. That Marriott is quite a distance, across some very large intersections, and is just not really all that. We attended an event there once, and stayed the night. I was quite disappointed in the place. It's really quite overpriced for what it is.

If staying on property is really out of the budget, I'd recommend one of the hotels/motels along Harbor right across from the main entrance.

DCDisney
09-19-2011, 05:42 PM
Stayed at the Fairfield Inn last month. It was about 3 hotels from the main intersection, that once crossed, requires a walk through the DLR bus stops and then through the large opening that separates the 2 parks. That being said, every time I walked between my room and the front gate of a theme park, it took about 10 minutes. If you are used to WDW, then staying at one of the hotels on Harbor and fairly close to the main intersection, will seem like a breeze.

Fairfield offers some Disney-themed rooms (wallpaper, bedspread, wall picture), and also some rooms with views of MK fireworks (top few floors). It's close enough to hear the fireworks, and also hear the MK train making its circular route. Swimming pool is pretty darned small and was crowded every time I saw it.