PDA

View Full Version : fantasylanad and test track refurb???

disneyfan328
09-10-2011, 11:46 PM
Ok I've been reading some on this since we are thinking of planning a trip in January 2012. Can anyone tell me what all is closed in fantasyland or is all of fantasyland closed? What if any rides and restuarants are open in this section of the park??

and has anyone else heard anything about test track being closed in january 2012?

Hog
09-10-2011, 11:51 PM
I don't believe any of Fantasyland is closed, they only closed Toontown for the expansion. But all rides should be up and running. As far as TT i don't have any information on that.

Strmchsr
09-11-2011, 09:07 AM
I don't believe any of Fantasyland is closed, they only closed Toontown for the expansion. But all rides should be up and running. As far as TT i don't have any information on that.

That's correct. Nothing is closed other than Toontown. Check out the thread in the News/Rumors forum for a tentative timeline on the new Fantasyland expansion.

As for TT, there's not been an official announcement yet, but all indicators are still that TT will go down for a 5-6 month refurb starting in January.

SandmanGStefani24
09-11-2011, 10:08 AM
As for TT, there's not been an official announcement yet, but all indicators are still that TT will go down for a 5-6 month refurb starting in January.

Any idea what might be done?

Strmchsr
09-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Any idea what might be done?

Some, but the folks I know haven't told me much concrete and the rest is just rumors. The original idea was that they were going to completely revamp the ride concept, but the refurb doesn't seem long enough to accomplish that. My guess is they'll do the ride mechanics get the rest of the new vehicles installed, etc, but the ride itself will stay the same. Again, though, that's just educated guessing and nothing official has been released.

Poohluv85
09-11-2011, 07:34 PM
I think TT really could use a freshen up but I really hope they dont do a complete refurb. I know theyre adding a Cars attraction to Disney's California Adventure thats going to have the similar style as TT. I, personally would be heartbroken if they were to refurb it to match this theme, not that I dont love Pixar but I just really feel theyre over themeing everything with Pixar. Just my :twocents: However I agree that 5-6 months isnt really long enough for a task as large as that so heres hoping :D

disneyfan328
09-11-2011, 08:02 PM
thanks guys I will check out the thread in the rumors section -

If TT does go down for refurb any idea of the date?? It looks like we are planning to arrive on 1/8/12 I don't think I want to head to epcot that day due to the marathon, however the family loves Test Track so they are going to be very disppointed if they cant ride it :(
I am glad to hear that none of fantasyland is closed. I had heard rumors that it was all closed with very few rides still running. I guess we can meet mickey elsewhere so I am not too worried about toontown fair being closed:mickey:

Strmchsr
09-12-2011, 07:59 AM
As I mentioned to your question in the rumors thread, we won't know the date until there is an official announcement on the refurb.

Yes, you can still meet Mickey. The meet n greet for Mickey is now at Exposition Hall on Main St (on your right as soon as you enter MK). It's a magician theme, though, instead of the mayor theme from ToonTown.