PDA

View Full Version : itineraries - help!

tadcd
09-10-2011, 09:28 PM
I am planning our trip for mid Nov - 13-19.
My husband's great grandparents who live in Florida but haven't been to Disney may join us for a day and a half, we have a one bedroom suite at BCV - yay pin code and two yrs of disney dollar saving using the disney visa. We will have our 14 month son with us who may be walking by then and may still be on a two naps a day schedule. Great Grandparents take a mid day nap and are very fit, but taking things a bit slower due to a bad knee.
I am planning three itineraries for them to choose from depending on how they are feeling. I definitely need help. DH and I agree that Epcot WS is the only park that they would likely enjoy plus it is pretty flat and the boat could be helpful.
arrive mid day Wed, settle in, explore resort, go to lounge in YC for drinks, ADR at Il Mulino.This is pretty well set.
Thursday morningup at 7 am, ADR bkfst Captain's Grille
Option 1: drive rental car to POR, rent boat and explore river - can we park at other marinas? Return boat, drive to GF, eat at cafe if I can get an ADR. Explore resort - maybe holiday decorations will be up? Back for rest at BCV, drinks in the room and ADR at Jiko, go early to view Savannah and see AKL. After bkfst...
Option 2: drive rental car to GF, take Monorail ride. Check out POR - anything to do there? Take boat from Contemporary to WL and back around on monorail to GF. I haven't resort hopped except for meals so I need help ESP. With filling in these details.. rest, Jiko
Option 3: will have almost two hrs to kill after bkfst before WS opens at 11 what to do since day before we saw resort - maybe save boardwalk area? Then WS, ADR at Biergarten or go for lighter fare at Seasons, stroll WS, back to rest, Jiko.
Great grandparents are very elegant, love boating, a beautiful view, Italian food and lighter fare - I know a bit contradictory. We will have a stroller.
What do you suggest? Thank you in advance for your help...

lynnek
09-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Okay, you're confusing me with your dates/days...maybe I'm reading wrong, if so, I apologize. We will be there around the same time as well--10th--18th and the 10th better be on Thursday:) We did similar timing last yr and there is lots going on. Last weekend of F&W, good to break up with the nap thing since you're staying so close. And, we loved Captaine's Grille as a breakfast option before Epcot. Also, Downtown Disney has the Masters Art Show that whole weekend. Very cool. Think chalk art like in Mary Poppins--all over the place. Plus lots of other stuff going on. Also, Osborne Lights at DHS--absolutely gorgeous! EMH at HS are on that Monday night. Gingerbread house is up at the Grand Floridian--we loved seeing that.
We had a 2.5 yr old last yr and my DH was more than happy to go for a nap with her in the afternoon while I took the older two out and about. You may find you've got lots of flexibility!

tadcd
09-10-2011, 10:21 PM
Thanks! Sorry for confusion. We are there the last day of F&W and then the rest of the wk. We expect Great grandparents to arrive Wed afternoon of that week and leave Friday morning.

faline
09-11-2011, 06:49 PM
What do the grandparents want to do? I'd put all potential schedules to them and see which they like best.

cer
09-12-2011, 08:47 AM
DH and I agree that Epcot WS is the only park that they would likely enjoy plus it is pretty flat and the boat could be helpful.

I would take it one step further and let them choose the park as well.

Even if they don't do a lot of the attractions, they would likely appreciate the theming of the parks. For me, a trip to Disney World would not be complete if I did not spend time on Main Street and put my eyes on the castle. - especially if I had never been there before.