PDA

View Full Version : Yachtsman Steakhouse v. Brown Derby

KAT1811
09-10-2011, 10:28 AM
We love the Yachtsman Steakhouse but I would love some feedback regarding the Brown Derby. Any feedback and experiences would be greatly appreciated.

:mickey:

tdk316
09-10-2011, 12:16 PM
We went to the Yachtsman on last trip in December and really weren't that impressed. If you're a steak-and-potatoes person and that's what you like to eat when you go out you may like the Yachtsman better than The Brown Derby. Last visit I had the Thai tofu thing at BD and it was great (abet a bit bland, but it's Disney). So if you're looking for something a little different, go to Brown Derby, if you want a steak and potatoes, go to Yachtsman.

We do love having a long lunch with a bottle of wine at Brown Derby when we go without the kids. It's nice to step into a quieter environment for awhile in between Rockin' Roller coaster and ToT rides!

VWL Mom
09-10-2011, 01:51 PM
We've only eaten at brown derby twice. We did Lunch with an Imagineer and dinner on our own and enjoyed them very much.

ElenitaB
09-10-2011, 01:59 PM
I may be the lone wolf here but we did not enjoy our experience at Brown Derby. I do, however, chalk the poor service and "eh" food to the fact that it was the day after the parks opened following Hurricane Frances. Your mileage may certainly vary,

RAIDER
09-15-2011, 03:15 AM
Brown Derby for me ,i do love the layout of the place and the menu is great :thumbsup:

Joannelet
09-15-2011, 01:52 PM
My entire family ate at the Brown Derby and we weren't impressed at all. It was okay. The Yachtsman steakhouse for us was great and we have a return trip to it this upcoming trip. The food was excellent! My sister and her fam ate there their last trip and said it was their favorite the whole week!
Yummy! I can still remember the food we ate there 2 years ago!

AllDisney
09-15-2011, 07:09 PM
One of our favorite places is Brown Derby. We eat there on each of our trips...it's a must.

Last time there got the grouper and it was fantastic:number1:

brad192
09-15-2011, 07:51 PM
I've never eaten at the Yachtman, but the Brown Derby is a must every time I go. A nice calm atmosphere, great food, and I've always had great service there as well. If you go, be sure to order the grapefruit cake for dessert! :cloud9:

Scar
09-16-2011, 08:45 AM
I've eaten at both and would pick Yachtsman without debate.

But that being said...

We love the Yachtsman Steakhouse but I would love some feedback regarding the Brown Derby.... since it appears that you have eaten there and not The Brown Derby yet, it's always nice to try something new.

We enjoyed The Brown Derby, just not as much as Yachtsman.

DisneyDoug2
09-16-2011, 01:48 PM
the family loves the Yachtman!

Mfarquar
09-17-2011, 08:54 AM
Now I feel better that we're trying something new this time and have ADRs at Yachtsman! We usually do Brown Derby and like it a lot, but wanted to try something different...

gratuspater
09-17-2011, 02:14 PM
We like them both very much! But at the brown derby you can get the fantasmic dinner package. (at least I think they still offer it) You get your meal and reserved seating at fantasmic, so you don't have to wait in the regular line.

DAWS
09-17-2011, 05:56 PM
We much prefer Yachtsman Steakhouse. It feels more relaxing and the menu has many delicious items that we both like.

My wife likes both, but I simply don't enjoy Brown Derby much. There is only one item I really want to order, and none of the appetizers appeal to me.

KAT1811
09-17-2011, 10:34 PM
We have decided to stick with the Yachtsman Steakhouse. We love it there and to be honest the Brown Derby menu doesn't excite me. I figured if people raved about it we would give it a try. We will be dining at the Yachtsman twice on our trip (if I know DH he'll try to squeeze in a 3rd trip) but I'd rather stick with a tried and true rather than be disappointed. We are planning on heading back to DHS to see the lights so I figured it may be easier to sty in the park but the Yacht club is a quick boat ride away and then we'll head back again. Thank you all for the feedback!