PDA

View Full Version : Earl of Sandwich or Pollo Campero for cheap dinner?

Poohluv85
09-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Hey Everyone!! me and my family are headed to Downtown Disney this saturday for a cheap Disney day and we can't decide between Earl of Sandwich or Pollo Campero for dinner, and suggestions??

Jared
09-08-2011, 09:11 PM
I'd choose Earl over Pollo, but I'd take Wolfgang Puck Express over both any day! Have you considered it at all?

Poohluv85
09-08-2011, 09:31 PM
To be honest I completely forgot about wolfgang puck express, but thats an awesome suggestion lol now I have a third to throw in the mix of choices. I havent been to any of the 3 so we may just choose Wolfgang puck express :D...thanks for the suggestion!

WDWPRINCE
09-08-2011, 09:53 PM
First of all, Hi everyone! I'm new to the boards.

I wanted to say how much I enjoy Earl of Sandwich. It's inexpensive and very good.

I haven't yet tried Pollo Campero.

I have eaten breakfast at Wolfgang and that was very good as well.

So with two out of three you can t go wrong.

Poohluv85
09-08-2011, 10:02 PM
First of all :mickey3::simba::figment::ccat: Welcome to Intercot!!!!! :goofy: :stitch::sulley::dale: Your gonna love it here, its the happiest place on the web and thanks so much for the suggestion

floridamom
09-08-2011, 10:30 PM
We have always enjoyed Earl of Sandwich, but in May we tried Pollo Campero and it was great- very tasty chicken and a good value for DTD. We will definitely be back!

eam
09-09-2011, 08:00 AM
We love, love, love the Earl, so I would always vote for that option. Also, if you belong to AAA you can get a 15% discount, so that would help as well. Enjoy your meal wherever you decide to dine. Wish I was there.

BrerGnat
09-09-2011, 08:48 AM
I love WPE, but to be fair, it's not really "cheap". The other two options will be better ones if you're looking to eat for less. WPE ran somewhere around $55 for our family of four for lunch and all we had were pizzas, mac and cheese (kids) and chicken tenders (kids)...

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-09-2011, 09:30 AM
We love Wolfgang Puck Express:mickey:

dreadpirateemily
09-09-2011, 03:22 PM
We LOVE Earl of Sandwich. It's weird to talk about a sandwich that much.. we acknowledge that, but we still reminisce about the lunch we had there over 2 years ago. *heh*

Checkers
09-09-2011, 03:55 PM
:mickey:Another vote for Earl of Sandwich!

HoosierDisneyFan
09-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Earl of Sandwich :thumbsup: Cannonballs (i.e Meatball sub!).

Suzi Q
09-09-2011, 08:05 PM
Yet another vote for Earl of Sandwich, yummmmmm. With a cupcake w/sprinkles in a bag to take back to the resort to enjoy later!

JerseyDad
09-10-2011, 09:37 PM
....just got back from WDW on Tuesday...and we had eaten at Wolfgang Puck Express twice while there. (chosing it over Earl of Sandwich...which we ate at last year).

The food is ten notches higher than typical counter service...and to be honest...I don't consider it a TS restaurant because they bring the food to your table for you....and refill your drinks. It's a great value for the product they deliver. The roast chicken is excellent...as is the salmon....and do not skip their desserts if you choose to dine there!!

Poohluv85
09-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Thank you so much for all of your suggestions! However our spontaneity took over and we ended up eating dinner at Mara at the Animal Kingdom Lodge which was extremely good. We definitely plan on eating at all 3 of these quick serve restaurants in the very near future...thanks again!! :mickey:

The_Disney_Fanatic_89
09-11-2011, 07:44 PM
I had a blast Yesterday and would love to do it everyday :mickey:

i'm grumpy
09-14-2011, 09:09 PM
Yum yum. I loved the spinach one. Does anyone know what the sauce on the Earl's Club is made of?

RAIDER
09-15-2011, 03:10 AM
I love them both but i would go for Pollo as i love the chicken and i think there is far more variety on the menu overall ..:thumbsup:

TheBoxingGuru
12-17-2011, 11:44 PM
I love them both, you can't go wrong! One thing Pollo Campero has going for it is... inside the same building is BABY CAKES NYC! Some yummy cup cakes and other goodies.