PDA

View Full Version : Poly to SoG

BugeyedMuggy
09-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Can you walk to Shades of Green from the Polynesian Resort? Are there sidewalks.:confused:

faline
09-07-2011, 07:16 PM
I've never done it but it seems like a fairly easy walk. The walk seems to go through parking lots but I'm sure someone who has done it will be along shortly.

Melanie
09-07-2011, 07:20 PM
It's not a bad walk at all, and yes, there are sidewalks the entire way.

mudpuppysmom
09-07-2011, 08:25 PM
very doable......about a 10 minute walk from the Poly monorail platform to the front door of Shades.

On a side note.....if you are going from Shades to Poly in the morning == look for the "Shady Shuttle" -- this is a golfcart that will take you to the end of Shades property and cuts about five minutes off your "commute". It is only available though in our experience in the morning though.

wdwfansince75
09-07-2011, 10:02 PM
There is a paved path or sidewalks all the way. And as stated, it is about a 10 minute walk. When we were there in July, the Shady Shuttle was available anytime the bell staff was willing to run it. Recognizing that they could have been doing other tasks which may earn them tips, we tipped them the several times we used the shuttle.

Sylvia
09-08-2011, 12:22 PM
There is also a nice Gazebo along the walkway, so if you'd like to sit and relax for a few minutes, it's perfect.

Rayadragon
09-08-2011, 02:57 PM
Good to know. We've just finalized plans for an SoG stay. It's nice to know I can make a coffee run without too much of an issue.

Tigger's Mom
09-09-2011, 11:52 AM
There's even a SOG sign on the Poly property that you see on the walk back so you know you're on the right path. We made the walk many times, very doable. Even my 9 year old would walk if the shuttle wasn't there and he wanted to get going on the day or get back to the pool later!

wdwfansince75
09-09-2011, 05:19 PM
Good to know. We've just finalized plans for an SoG stay. It's nice to know I can make a coffee run without too much of an issue.

SoG has a Starbucks near the ticket office, and the counter service on the way to also has good coffee...and there are small coffee makers in the room...when we remember (I forgot this time), we bring our own coffee and filters....and use bottled water...really improves the taste!

T-Belle
09-09-2011, 08:38 PM
SoG has a Starbucks near the ticket office, and the counter service on the way to also has good coffee...and there are small coffee makers in the room...when we remember (I forgot this time), we bring our own coffee and filters....and use bottled water...really improves the taste!

I forgot to bring my own coffee on our last trip too..oh did I regret that! The ONLY complaint I have about SOG is their in room coffee. But like you said there are other options and there's no tax-whohoo!

W24toISMdirect
09-18-2011, 02:20 PM
It's literally the walk down SoG's driveway, which is literally acrossed the street from Poly. We stayed at SoG back when I was in the Navy, when the SoG bus only ran to Tickets and Transportation, and we never used the SoG bus, instead using Poly transportation for everything.