PDA

View Full Version : Online Check In and Room #'s ?

luvdiznee
09-07-2011, 07:28 AM
So this would be my first opportunity to do this. We are staying at AKL with a poolview.

First just wondering if anyone has any good room #'s to hope for.

Secondly is the online check in thing worth it? Is it really necessary? Does it really save that much time? And will I just get any room.

Just wondering if I should do it. We have 18 more days to go and I believe about a week to do the online check in thing, if I wanted.

:confused:

VWL Mom
09-07-2011, 07:34 AM
One thing I do like about online check in is they know your arrival time. Our last few trips we've arrived about 9AM and our room was ready when we got there or very shortly after.

I usually call in any requests I may have and then use online. If you don't like the room they assign you can always take your packet to the regular check in line and ask to have it switched.

BigRedDad
09-07-2011, 08:59 AM
There are too many factors that can occur that determines how fast it can be or potential time savings. In general, it should be faster. In reality it may not. If you do not need detailed attention, then I say go for it. My experience it has been a faster.

Room availability has nothing to do with online check-in. Your room is assigned already. If it is ready, they will give you the number.

If there are problems with your room assignment with online check-in, you have to go wait in the regular check-in line to get them fixed. This was my experience at Pop Century. Our reservation was for preferred room and 1st floor for medical reasons. We were given 3rd floor rooms as far away as possible. It took 2 hours of my time correcting WDW's fault. It was remedied and the CMs were great as always. However, the error should have never occurred and I should not have had to deal with it.