PDA

View Full Version : Can I get a little prayer and pixie dust please???

sillydisneymommy
09-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Hey all,
We are almost completely packed and ready to head out for our WDW trip on Thursday! Unfortunately, I seem to have just come down with a cold yesterday!!!:ill: I can't stop sneezing and coughing and runny nosing. I know we will all have a great time anyway, and I will be fine, but I am just really hoping that I feel less miserable soon, and especially that my DDs and DSs, and DH don't catch it. Now bring on the cheering up! :thumbsup:

cer
09-06-2011, 05:48 PM
It may be all in my head and I have made this recommendation to others before and was told just that, but when I get a cold like that before going to Disney, I take Emergen-C and it seems to really help. I also drink lots of water.

Here is hoping that this will all pass soon and with a little rest, you will recover quickly. I think the stress of getting packed tends to make you more vulnerable to this.

Best wishes for a magical trip! :thumbsup:

faline
09-06-2011, 05:52 PM
Hope everyone in your family is healthy for your trip!

akaDisneyDreamer
09-06-2011, 06:23 PM
:tink: Ya got a couple of days! Try to get some rest (I know there's lots of packing and list checking to be done!) and I truly hope you feel better by the time you go! May you and your family have a magical time! :bar:

deedeebee
09-06-2011, 06:30 PM
Feel better:pixie: Have fun:party::wave:

steph436
09-06-2011, 10:26 PM
:magic: Feel better soon! Have a great trip.:fworks:

Tink#64
09-06-2011, 11:33 PM
:grouphug: :pixie: I'm so sorry, an awful time to come down with a cold. When one of us is coming down with a cold, we bulk up on vitamin C & Echinacea, it really does seem to help shorten the duration & lessen the symptons of the cold.

Wishes for a happy & healthy trip! :tink:

sillydisneymommy
09-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Thanks so much for all of the well wishes! I am definitely chugging the emergen-c and taking vitamin c, and all of that good stuff.:thumbsup:I wish I could say I am much improved, but at least I do feel like it is on the way out, and I'm sure I will be fine on the trip. It's amazing how much just a few words of encouragement can really lift your spirits! I just love the people of Intercot!!!:number1:

BrerGnat
09-07-2011, 12:39 PM
If it's just a cold, you should be okay! However, if you have a tendency towards sinus infections or the like, it might be worthwhile to call your doctor and ask for a prescription for an antibiotic IN CASE you take a turn for the worse. You can always go fill it at a local pharmacy once you're down there.

I tend to get a sinus infection every time I get a cold, and I've had my share of illness at WDW, so I try to be as proactive as I can.

It also might be a good idea to pack OTC meds for your DH and kids, in case they come down with it once you're there.

Good luck and hopefully it's just a simple cold that will pass!