PDA

View Full Version : another POR Q: OK to have visitors??

Scott C
09-06-2011, 01:40 PM
My aunt is asking to come over for a day during our upcoming trip -- she lives in Ocala and has never been to AK. We are trying to decide where to meet. It seems that she could drive to POR and meet us there.

Is this permissible and will she have any trouble getting in to POR??

Thanks
Scott C

SBETigg
09-06-2011, 01:49 PM
I think there's a time limit (three hours?) on visitor parking at the resorts, but I could be wrong. If she wanted to visit you all day and park there, this could be a problem for her.

diz_girl
09-06-2011, 02:20 PM
I think that if you inform the resort beforehand that she is your 'guest', then at the resort guard gate she would be given a guest pass for the day so she can park at the resort all day. The three-hour limit is usually for dining at the restaurants and the like, especially those that are close to the parks, like the MK or EPCOT resorts.

Briansmom
09-06-2011, 10:36 PM
My friend joined us for a day last year, and we just let the guard house at POFQ know and when she arrived, she gave them our name and told them she was visiting us for the day. They gave her a parking pass with no problem.

Mousemates
09-07-2011, 08:12 AM
Briansmom
My friend joined us for a day last year, and we just let the guard house at POFQ know and when she arrived, she gave them our name and told them she was visiting us for the day. They gave her a parking pass with no problem.

We have done the same thing a couple times in the past (once at SSR and another time at AKL) without any issues. However, both times were during value seasons...where parking capacity was not an issue...not sure if things would be different during peak attendance times.