PDA

View Full Version : 9/4 Stuck on POTC!!!

Pop Centurion
09-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Yesterday after spending the day at DHS we decided to go to MK for EMH. We arrived just after Wishes finished & the mob was clearing out. After a stop in the Emporium we went strait to POTC which had about a 20min wait. Once on the ride we noticed the boat was leaning badly to the left & kept banging the bottom rail pretty hard. Once we got to the jail scene with the dog holding the keys the boat became stuck. Eventually a CM came & tried to get us to rock the boat to break free with no luck. Then came some maintenance crew with metal bars that pryed us loose. This all took a long time so you could imagine the applause from our boat. But things weren't over yet. We were told they had to go reprime the system to get everything going again. After more wait my Wife jokingly asked a female CM if they forgot to say good morning to George in which the CM got annoyed & said "it's nightime" & walked away. After waiting more I asked the CM's boss Todd if the George story was true but was cut off before I could finish & was told he knows nothing about any George. Funny how he wasn't even interested to hear the story if he's never heard it. But anyway, after more time they decided they weren't going to prime the system & just get us all out of there. This consisted of a CM getting in the water & pushing the boats backwards to a safe unload area. After doing a bunch of full boats behind us it was our turn. Todd said we get to see some real cool behind the scene's stuff but no video or pics. Turned out we seen a generator room then outside the back of the building & some broken ride vehicles from various attractions.

We were stuck on the ride for just over an hour & forty minutes & all they did once we got back from behind the building was give us each a FP!!!!

I mean it was 12:30 so EMH was just about over. So everyones night was ruined. Then I got thinking, what about the people we talked to on the boat who said they leave in the morning? That FP is useless to them.
Pretty bad way for Disney to appologize to their guest's!!! I kind of want to complain but don't know if I should.

hoop de do
09-05-2011, 12:50 PM
I wouldn't make George any madder than he was. :lurk::whew:

magicofdisney
09-05-2011, 01:03 PM
I think a FP is plenty of compensation considering they don't owe you anything anyway. Additionally, you got to go behind the scenes. Sounds cool to me! :mickey:

Pop Centurion
09-05-2011, 02:06 PM
I don't think they "owe" me. Trust me I'm not one of those people who feel they paid a lot of money & I'm owed something. I just felt that many people lost out on almost the entire duration of EMH & Disney didn't seem to think it was a big deal. Also for the behind the scenes. There really wasn't anything to see. Really just the back of the building. Sorry if I came off as sounding greedy. Wasn't my intention.

cather74
09-05-2011, 02:16 PM
I thought you made a good point Shorty. If that was my last night and I was stuck in a boat for most of it...I would be sad too. At least when the waitress in Mexico dropped a tray of margaritas on my head they gave me a free shirt.:mickey:

faline
09-05-2011, 05:37 PM
Well, you can certainly say you had quite an adventure on Pirates!

SandmanGStefani24
09-05-2011, 07:40 PM
I thought you made a good point Shorty. If that was my last night and I was stuck in a boat for most of it...I would be sad too. At least when the waitress in Mexico dropped a tray of margaritas on my head they gave me a free shirt.:mickey:

very much agreed...wonder why the frosty reception from the CMs? Well still hope the trip was a great one that notwithstanding...

WDWCrazyKaren
09-06-2011, 08:26 AM
At least you had enough time to realize the dog is NEVER going to give them the key!

Sorry you got stuck for so long on your EMH's. I'm sure they wanted you off that ride as much as you wanted to be off it! I suppose all those other boats behind you were not thrilled either. :mad:

JROriole8Fan
09-06-2011, 11:18 AM
While it's a shame that so much time was lost, since you want to complain, what would you think the solution should have been? FP's aren't your solution, what would it be?

Melanie
09-06-2011, 11:30 AM
This has actually made the local Fox channel website.

Passengers stranded on 'Pirates of the Caribbean'

Updated: Tuesday, 06 Sep 2011, 5:27 AM EDT
Published : Monday, 05 Sep 2011, 10:44 PM EDT

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Visitors to Walt Disney World Resort’s Magic Kingdom park told FOX 35 News that they were stranded on a popular ride for more than an hour.

Passengers who were riding the Pirates of the Caribbean water ride late Sunday evening tell us the incident happened around 10:30 p.m. They said the ride stopped running, and they were told to remain on the ride for almost two hours before they were allowed to exit.

Disney officials said attempts were made to automatically restart the ride, and when that didn't work, staff had to manually bring the ride back into operation. Disney also says that there were no serious injuries.

Park officials have offered an apology to all park goers who were affected and we'll work on a case by case basis to try to make up for the inconvenience. Disney says there have not been any major mechanical issues with the ride in the past.

If you were on the ride when this event occurred, contact us with your story at [email protected].

The first Pirates of the Caribbean ride opened in 1967 at Disneyland in Anaheim, California and was the last attraction at the park in which Walt Disney had direct involvement in designing.

DisneyLandMomma
09-06-2011, 09:34 PM
This happened to us many years ago at Disneyland, we were stuck for over 2 hours and they never did turn off the music. LOL. The same thing though, some guy came out in some wader pants to push each boat to an exit area. We didn't get off the ride until 11:45 and the park closed at midnight. We had annual passes at the time so it was no big deal we had lost time on the ride but I remember telling my husband after we had left the park, we should have asked if we could use the pass another day. :) My daughter refused to go. On for many years after that. :blush:

princessgirls
09-07-2011, 10:43 AM
YIKES!!! Not fun or magical!

Julie:mickey: