PDA

View Full Version : Does any shops still sell stuff for dogs.

Pop Centurion
09-04-2011, 12:22 PM
Every year we come we always see cool stuff for dogs & always wished we had one so we can buy him something. Now that we do we can't find anything here espeacially since Disney Tails is gone. Anyone know of any shops that still have anything? Tried WOD last night & they had nothing & CM had no idea where to check. Thanks.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-04-2011, 02:29 PM
We really didn't see a lot on our last trip at all! There were the "regular" pet water bowls and food dishes, and the odd dog treat, but really not much at at all.

I know we saw some stuff at WoD, and at MouseGears in Epcot, but in both places it was a pretty limited selection.

Pop Centurion
09-04-2011, 03:22 PM
Thanks Heather, will check MouseGears when we go to Epcot on Tuesday.

Melanie
09-04-2011, 03:57 PM
Nothing at WoD? I've seen animal things there many times. The other place, besides MouseGear, that I have always seen pet stuff is the Mercantile in Animal Kingdom.

buzznwoodysmom
09-04-2011, 04:26 PM
I hope they still have collars in Dec. My doggies both need new collars and I'd be bummed if we can't get them Disney ones like they currently have.

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
09-04-2011, 08:00 PM
The best place to usually find collars is at The Wildnerness Lodge gift shop. We always find pet stuff that we haven't found anywhere else. We got our 2 girls, the cutest Disney Princess collars last fall.

Good luck! Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave::wave::wave:

buzznwoodysmom
09-04-2011, 08:44 PM
The best place to usually find collars is at The Wildnerness Lodge gift shop. We always find pet stuff that we haven't found anywhere else. We got our 2 girls, the cutest Disney Princess collars last fall.

Our little "girl" has a cute pink Disney Princess collar and our boy dog has a red one with Mickey's on it. These collars have become a part of our dogs it seems and I can't imagine them with any other collar. I'm hoping we can find the same ones in Dec.

Pop Centurion
09-05-2011, 11:57 AM

Thanks so much. We will stop there for sure.

minnie04
09-07-2011, 03:44 PM
If you’re in Florida (Orlando) I would say the outlets. I found the cutest little Minnie dress ($6.00) and the squeaky toys too. Very cheap. You mean they don’t have them in the huge store in Downtown Disney anymore?? I would see things too and never had a small dog to buy for. :(

emerzmom
09-07-2011, 04:41 PM
I have 2 "Disney Princess" pooches that have had pink Mickey shaped i.d. tags their entire life (we have had to replace them a couple of times). Agreed, they wouldn't be the same withouth them. I have had so many people say to me "of course your dogs have Mickey tags!"
I have always found them at WoD.
:dog:
:mickey:
Julie

akaDisneyDreamer
09-07-2011, 06:42 PM
Our "girls" have Mickey tags too! Got those at Walmart a couple of years ago.

As far as genuine from Disney World stuff, we got them a Minnie Mouse ear hat and a Princess Minnie ear hat a couple years ago (2009 trip), and I think that was at World of Disney, but not sure. They got new dishes on our last trip in 2010, and I picked those up at our resort (Poly) store. I found collars but didn't like the way they felt- the ones I found at that time were a weird plastic that seemed "sticky" and I wondered if it would pull their hair? Anyone used those? I had also seen Mickey hand and foot squeek toys, but didn't purchase them.

Good luck finding great stuff! :mickey:

Poohluv85
09-07-2011, 10:42 PM
Our little "girl" has a cute pink Disney Princess collar and our boy dog has a red one with Mickey's on it. These collars have become a part of our dogs it seems and I can't imagine them with any other collar. I'm hoping we can find the same ones in Dec.

Aww those are the same exact ones our two dogs have, I feel the same way because they've became such a big part of their personality..... The last time we were there they had them in the firehouse at MK but that was awhile ago,I dont know if they would still have them, but it does kind of fit selling doggy merchandise in a firehouse. Hope you find what your looking for!

QOD99
09-08-2011, 09:58 AM
If I am remembering correctly, The Land had a place where you could make your own personalized tags for your pampered pooch. I plan on making one for my furkid when I am there.

Buttercup
09-09-2011, 07:57 PM
I might be going back 1-2 years here but the Fire Station at the Magic Kingdom used to be ALL pet stuff. The whole store! Is it not anymore?

buzznwoodysmom
09-10-2011, 09:24 AM
Aww those are the same exact ones our two dogs have, I feel the same way because they've became such a big part of their personality..... The last time we were there they had them in the firehouse at MK but that was awhile ago,I dont know if they would still have them, but it does kind of fit selling doggy merchandise in a firehouse. Hope you find what your looking for!

I didn't know they had doggie merchandise in the firehouse. Heck, I didn't even know the firehouse had any merchandise at all. In all the years going to WDW, and all my years here on Intercot I can't believe I didn't know that!

These are the only collars my dogs have ever worn so your right when you say they seem to have become a part of them. Here's hoping we can all find our doggie goodies!

EllieMae
09-10-2011, 09:37 AM
I was also going to suggest the firehouse in MK. Thats where we usually find our doggie stuff.

Kathy Jetson
09-14-2011, 01:29 AM
The firehouse is no longer open:(

Buttercup
09-14-2011, 03:53 PM
What? Really? When did the firehouse close?!?!

That is terrible! Don't fire fighters from all over the world come and bring their local fire station's patch to hang on the wall in there? I can't believe they would close that! :(

DizneyRox
09-15-2011, 06:17 PM
What? Really? When did the firehouse close?!?!

That is terrible! Don't fire fighters from all over the world come and bring their local fire station's patch to hang on the wall in there? I can't believe they would close that! :(
If I remember, it was before the summer...

Melanie
09-15-2011, 08:34 PM
I thought I read the Firehouse was refurbing as part of the new Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom interactive game?

ETA: Just listening to (the new) Episode 22 of the INTERCOT Insider Podcast, and this is a topic of discussion.

Pop Centurion
09-19-2011, 01:34 AM
Well, I searched WDW high & low & the only things I found were a bandana & plush squeeky toy both at the Marketplace fun finds. :( I was told the stuff has been fazed out.

I even called over at the Disney pet boarding hotel & they have nothing Disney (not owned by Disney) But the women told me they are trying to make a deal with Disney to get merchandise from their supplier. She took my info & said she'd contact me if they do get anything.