PDA

View Full Version : Umbrella strollers

TexasPrincessAurora
09-04-2011, 11:34 AM
I remember from the past that every resort gift shop and some of the ones in DTD sold umbrella strollers. Do they still? How much are they and what is the weight limit on them?

Heading to WDW in October and driving...I know we won't have room to pack ours in the car, but DD4 will need one at times I'm sure. Would rather buy a cheap one we can keep at all times, especially walks to the bus and room, than rent a park stroller.

VWL Mom
09-04-2011, 01:02 PM
They are the Kolcroft Sports Tour and I think they're between $45 - 50. They're site lists 35 lb weight limit.

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-04-2011, 02:31 PM
If you're driving, you could also slip over to Walmart or Target near Disney and pick up a cheap one for the week; it would be less than $50, but you'd still have it with you for the whole trip.

minnie04
09-07-2011, 04:11 PM
They are the Kolcroft Sports Tour and I think they're between $45 - 50. They're site lists 35 lb weight limit.

YEP!! I bought one, one year, it was pretty expensive too. I have to say I really only bought it because it was Disney colors...Red & Black. (I had mine with me:secret:)..lol. It was about $44. It was very nice to for the parks. You can also stop in the local Wal-Mart and grab one too.:mickey:

DisneyMom12
09-07-2011, 07:21 PM
They were about $45 when I was there a few weeks ago. I got one at walmart for $15. I did drive down with it, but saw them at the local one in Florida. I also got this thing called Store a stroller by mommy's helper, which hung the stroller from the back seat of my mini van.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
09-07-2011, 09:38 PM
Had friends that bought a cheap Target one 2 yrs ago for $25 right before they got to the park. Then gave it away to a couple with a young child in line for the stroller rental right before the left for the day.

BrerGnat
09-08-2011, 09:55 AM
Be careful on the weight limit of these! They mean them. I saw a girl literally fall through one of those strollers (the Kolcraft one) at Disneyland once and she got a NASTY cut on the back of her thigh from the metal bar. Happened right on main street. This girl was about 4, and probably close to 50lbs. She shouldn't have been in that stroller. It was quite dramatic. The stroller looked brand new too...

Kairi_7378
09-11-2011, 09:46 PM
For our trip last week we bought a First Years stroller for $35 at Wal Mart. The weight limit on it was 50 lbs. It handled very nicely in the parks and was easy to carry on the buses. (Just be careful not to put too much weight on the handles when your child isn't inside.) They seemed to be selling a very similar style at the parks in the $50-$55 range.

Buttercup
09-12-2011, 01:47 PM
You can actually rent strollers from off-site companies (look up Kingdom Strollers & Orlando Stroller rentals on google) that are WAAAAY cheaper than Disney, and they will deliver the stroller right to your hotel the day you arrive. You can use them at the parks, at your resort, wherever! They're yours to keep for your vacation.
Then on the day you check out, you just leave it at the front desk of your hotel.

We usually rent a double-stroller (they are the jogging kind, very easy to maneuver) which has a weight limit of 100lbs (50lbs per kid!) so they definitely hold larger kids. For the week, I think it was $80.00 for the double, so a single would be much cheaper - probably comparable to buying a crummy umbrella stroller, only these ones recline, have adjustable roofs, etc.

We prefer Kingdom Strollers because they come with a cup-holder attachment! But both companies use the same brand of stroller and are both great to deal with. :thumbsup:

AgentC
09-12-2011, 01:58 PM
You can actually rent strollers from off-site companies (look up Kingdom Strollers & Orlando Stroller rentals on google) that are WAAAAY cheaper than Disney, and they will deliver the stroller right to your hotel the day you arrive. You can use them at the parks, at your resort, wherever! They're yours to keep for your vacation.
Then on the day you check out, you just leave it at the front desk of your hotel.

I have done this too. We always drive and usually don't want to try to squeeze in the stroller. I have only tried Orlando Strollers but the cup holder might make me try Kingdom.

Pirate Granny
09-13-2011, 07:01 AM
We rented from magic strollers...wonderful product and came with a very good, free rain cover. It was $70 for a week for a double stroller. They deliver and pick up at your resort. Very clean too!

minnie04
09-13-2011, 01:39 PM
Had friends that bought a cheap Target one 2 yrs ago for $25 right before they got to the park. Then gave it away to a couple with a young child in line for the stroller rental right before the left for the day.

Love that I wish i would have thought of that when i bought the new one years ago.. :mickey: