PDA

View Full Version : Help????

DisneyNut6777
09-04-2011, 03:13 AM
DW and I are wondering. If we are staying at POFQ and have a 7:30 breakfast reservation at Kona, can we drive to the poly and park, eat breakfast and then take the monorail from the poly to the MK, and then come back for car later?

Itchy
09-04-2011, 07:07 AM
I have never done this before myself but I think I remember seeing a posting here before about your question.

I think it can be done, but I am sure that someone with more experience will come along with all of the correct information.

Have a great trip.:mickey:

Strmchsr
09-04-2011, 08:19 AM
No. You are allowed 3 hours parking at a resort for an ADR, but then you must move your vehicle. Otherwise they'd have lots of folks taking up the spaces of the resort guests.

greengeen
09-04-2011, 08:19 AM
No, absolutely not... you can park 3 hours max for a dining ressie. The deluxe resorts all have signs telling you that they can NOT provide theme park parking. Their lots are for guests who are staying or dining there. TTC is so close, why would you even bother to break the rules and risk being towed (yes, it happens). You can park at TTC and walk or ride to Ploy; or park at TTC after breakfast.

minnie-mouse
09-04-2011, 09:50 AM
You can park at the Ticket-Transportation-Center (TTC) which is right next to the Poly. Walk over to Kona, then hop monorail to MK. You cannot park at Poly, but the TTC is for all day parking and is so close to Poly, that works just fine. Enjoy!

NH Disneyfan
09-04-2011, 10:09 AM
...and guests staying at the resorts get free parking at the theme parks, so there is no reason to park at Poly when you can go directly to Magic Kingdom parking - which is located at the Transportation Ticket Center (TTC). As other posters stated, the TTC is within walking distance to the Poly.

Darbylew
09-04-2011, 10:15 AM
I agree drive to TTC then take the monorail to
the Poly. I would check on the bus route to the
MK and see if you could make it without driving
the car as you can take the monorail on to the
Poly from MK then back to the MK. I never drive my car once I am there. It stays parked until I
leave but then that is what I like to do. Have
a fun time!!! :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
09-04-2011, 11:04 AM
Just wanted to add that the parking at the Poly is very limited. There have been several times that we couldn't find parking for an ADR. We've had to valet park because that was the only parking available. Its unfair to those who have an ADR to have to pay to valet park because other's have used that parking lot while at the parks. And for those guests actually staying at the Poly, especially not fair to them to not have a spot to park at their own resort. The parking lot is just not big enough to handle extra cars on top of paying guests and ADR guests.

TexasPrincessAurora
09-04-2011, 11:58 AM
It is a very short and manageable walk from the TTC to the Poly. Its a great way to see more of the Poly and enjoy how beautiful and peaceful it is. You can either take the launch or Monorail from there to MK or walk back to the TTC for the Ferry or the Monorail from it. And it will be just as easy returning to your car at the end of your day.

darthmacho
09-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Looks like you got your answer, so I'll just add that it's probably best to play it safe. You won't want the headache of getting your car towed.

Meanwhile, it sounds like you have a great day planned. A breakfast at the Poly before visiting the Magic Kingdom sounds like fun. I'll have to do that some day. No matter what route you take, enjoy yourself. :mickey:

DisneyNut6777
09-05-2011, 01:53 AM
well thanks to all. I was after all:blush:, just asking. It was not my plan to do that, it was just a ???. I believe I will park at TTC and walk to the poly, and after breakfast, then take the monorail to MK. Thanks for the Idea!! I asked so I would not break a rule.

PharmD
09-05-2011, 09:17 PM
All that being said I believe if you pay to Valet park there is no time limit as they park the cars in a seperate lot.

BigRedDad
09-06-2011, 08:08 AM
Well, I somewhat disagree with what pp's are saying or they are answering for a specific scenario. If you park yourself, then they are probably correct about 3 hours. I do not know for certain. However, if you go to Valet, they will let you park as long as you want. We did this on a trip, told them we were going to MK right after breakfast, and picked the car up at 7PM (almost 12 hours later). They said it was fine and to enjoy the day. This may not be policy, but it was what our Valet told us.