PDA

View Full Version : What else can I do pre-trip?

Narawen
09-03-2011, 01:38 PM
It's 99 more days until my WDW trip and planning for me is almost as much fun as the trip itself, but I'm all done! We have our hotel and DME ressies and ADRs, a list of preferred CS places to eat each day, a list of attractions and characters to hit at each park (and which attraction to go to first), custom autograph book, pre-ordered Photopass CD. What else is there to do?

tennantsrwe
09-03-2011, 02:33 PM
:mickey:LOL you sound like me!! We have 97 days til our trip and everything is planned. I guess we can just hurry up and wait....

PETE FROM NYC
09-03-2011, 06:37 PM
Just keep visiting sites like this for more ideas.

TheVBs
09-04-2011, 09:04 AM
I'm at that point too. :blush: I'm actually thinking of starting to gather up some of our stuff in one place to pack. Things we don't use every day like the trading pins, etc.

tinksmom02
09-04-2011, 10:12 PM
Are you planning on pin trading? You could order some trader pins...

azcavalier
09-05-2011, 08:58 AM
My wife likes to do things to celebrate the countdown. So, she'll give the people who are going with us a book at 100 days, a music CD with park and movie music at 75 days, pins at 50 days, etc, etc.

WDWCrazyKaren
09-06-2011, 08:21 AM
Time to write that packing list and start stocking up on some of the items you may not have at home. Like those Brita water bottles! Extra blister bandaids..just in case. Safety pins to close the curtains where that darn sliver of light keeps shining in at night. Things like that!

Cjsmom1811
09-06-2011, 08:40 AM
Do you have a good comfy pair of shoes broken in ? A blister on your feet can spoil a trip.
Do you have your cameras already ? Batteries, new memory card ?.

mousetrapper
09-06-2011, 08:04 PM
We have always gone to WDW in the fall. Because I live in the Mid-Atlantic, where the weather changes when the seasons change, it's tough to find warm-weather items we'll need when we're in Florida.

Most of the stores have shifted all of their merchandise over to fall/winter. By the time I realize what I'll need, those items are few and far between -- if not completely unavailable where I live!

So now's the time to start shopping the end of summer sales to get shorts, swimsuits, light rain jackets, sandals, flip flops, etc. before they're out of the stores! Plus waiting till the end of summer saves money.

I also love shopping for marked down Disney clothes and other merchandise on the Disney online store. :mickey: I've already bought a few cute t-shirts for my DH and DDs (and even DM - that's 'Dear Me!' :blush:).

We're at the 74-day mark on our countdown calendar so I better start taking my own advice and get cracking!

Enjoy planning and counting down!!! :thumbsup:

Narawen
09-07-2011, 08:38 PM
I also love shopping for marked down Disney clothes and other merchandise on the Disney online store. :mickey: I've already bought a few cute t-shirts for my DH and DDs (and even DM - that's 'Dear Me!' :blush:).

We're at the 74-day mark on our countdown calendar so I better start taking my own advice and get cracking!

Enjoy planning and counting down!!! :thumbsup:

I wanted to buy matching T-shirts for my mom and I a few weeks ago, but she said she'd rather wait until we're down there. No idea why.

Thanks for all the tips everyone!

tdk316
09-10-2011, 12:08 PM
We're a little more than two months out and I've already started putting everything together. :mickey: I have a big rubber box I keep the Mickey essentials in (clothes pins, ponchos, Ziplock bags, hand sanitizer, etc.) so I've already gone through that to fill in what we're missing.

Like others I always try to buy some souvenirs before we get there. Picked up two of those sorcerer Mickey light spinny things during a Disney Store sale already. Two similar things were a lifesaver last year on the airplane when we were stranded for almost three hours while they took fuel off the plane.

Other than that, sounds like you're all set! Have fun!

kemps@wdw
09-11-2011, 01:09 AM
...wait for the magic to happen. Enjoy your "magical journey"!!

PoohRules
09-11-2011, 03:17 PM
You can create your own countdown calendar or download one. I think creating your own is more fun and interactive. There is also a countdown app you can get, I just downloaded mine for my trip in 18 DAYS! :thumbsup:

While a short trip, any trip at WDW is better than none!