PDA

View Full Version : Spa&Massage: Where and How Much$

Gator
09-02-2011, 03:36 PM
The only way I'm gonna get my wife to give in to my WDW demands is to get her a ressie for a massage. So what's good and how much will it set me back? Is the spa at Coronado any good?

TammiMcMan
09-02-2011, 04:24 PM
http://www.relaxedyet.com/ covers the spa's that are offered at the Disney resorts. Some locations offer full spa services, others just fitness and massage. The website has a list of services available at each location and the price.

The Swan/Dolphin have a Mandara Spa. http://www.swandolphin.com/activities/spa.html Definitely a world class spa experience, but it will set you back a bit ;) .

lynnek
09-03-2011, 06:41 AM
yes, yes, yes!!! Great idea!! Go to relaxedyet.com--I think that is the website for the spas--at least it is for Gr. Floridian and Saratoga Springs. Gr Floridian is supposed to be closed down for renovation I think though. There are sometimes cpns you can use too:) I had a treatment booked for the start of the second day we were there--put me in the right state of mind for the rest of the week. While I was relaxing DH took three kids to Park Fare for a character breakfast with Mary Poppins of course and then running around the beach.

Jillirose
09-03-2011, 08:14 AM
I did get a massage at BC, and the atmosphere is definitely not 'spa'. You enter the sports club and then go to a private room. The Dolphin has a luxurious spa setting. Not sure about Coronado.

BugeyedMuggy
09-03-2011, 10:12 AM
My DD & her BF went to the GF and were not impressed. My DH had a massage at the Dolphin Mamdara Spa (his neck & shoulders were in great need) and 2 months later he raves about it. We had on in Aruba and he says the Dolphin was even better than that one. We got a discount during the week and were staying at the resort so I don't know the cost but was well worth it.

Gator
09-05-2011, 01:47 AM
$$$:jaw:

lynnek
09-05-2011, 07:20 AM
Yes it is pricey. We live outside of Saratoga Springs, NY and to us it was comparable. Not an everyday thing but I was really pleased with my experience.

brivers222
09-07-2011, 03:32 PM
on the relaxedyet.com site there are coupons off of certain things.. I believe for a 50min massage you can get $15 off.

there is a % off coupon you get with MYW packages that actually added up to a better savings.

50 min swedish massage with a 40min head shoulders and back for my DW is going to be $160 with i think 15% off.

disneymom2000
09-07-2011, 09:41 PM
When I went in December I made a spa evening with one of the girls I went with. They had a $50 coupon on the internet that I printed before I went and then my package came with a 15% off coupon. I bought a small package and it came out to about $250 a person. It is an extra cost, but remember - when Mama's happy, everyone's happy.:blush:

ginger19
09-14-2011, 07:43 AM
I can't recommend Mandara spa enough! I thought the Grand Floridian spa was stuffy, uptight and it really made me feel uncomfortable. The Mandara was by far the best spa I have ever been to. Just walking in made me feel completely relaxed and there was a room full of beautiful, comfy chairs to relax in after our spa treatment along with a balcony if you wanted fresh air.