PDA

View Full Version : New Fantasyland Pics

darthmacho
09-02-2011, 03:28 PM
I hope it's okay to post this link, since it's official WDW:

Gaston's Pub (Pic#4) looks like a lot of fun, but can someone tell me why there are kids purchasing and chugging down mugs of beer?!? LOL :silly:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/09/a-tour-through-new-fantasyland-at-magic-kingdom-park/?CMP=SOC-WDWFY11Q4FBDM0055

PopPhan
09-02-2011, 03:50 PM
Since that is part of Magic Kingdom (no alcohol allowed!) I would have to think that what they are chugging is Root Beer!!

BTW - Yes, I did get your sarcasm!! :D

John
09-02-2011, 04:20 PM
Maybe it's Butterbeer (DOH!) :thedolls:

darthmacho
09-02-2011, 04:33 PM

I was thinking the same thing, that they were trying to imitate Harry Potter. I'm starting to think that the competition from Universal with the success of HP was a good kick in the rear for WDW. Let's hope they go for the one-up instead of just trying to get on-level. Savvy? :mickey:

BrerGnat
09-02-2011, 05:05 PM
It'll be their version of Butterbeer. I'm sure they already have someone working on "replicating" the recipe...

Why are so many of those pictues so generic? Like, the one of Ariel?

Melanie
09-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Why are so many of those pictues so generic? Like, the one of Ariel?

Not only generic, but these are old pics. Why are they making them seem like they are newly released?

The last two are the only ones that don't seem familiar.

buzznwoodysmom
09-02-2011, 08:06 PM
My first thought was Butterbeer as well!

PirateLover
09-02-2011, 08:43 PM

Looks like we all had the same idea! Also, call it nitpicky, but why is Belle greeting people outside of her father's cottage in her ball gown?!?

SpecJoe Magic
09-02-2011, 10:21 PM
I think it's a little strange that a place called Gaston's Tavern won't be serving beer.

buzznwoodysmom
09-03-2011, 10:48 AM
Looks like we all had the same idea! Also, call it nitpicky, but why is Belle greeting people outside of her father's cottage in her ball gown?!?

I was thinking the same thing. And also the picture showing Belle giving story time inside her father's cottage, that picture doesn't look like the inside of a cottage, more like the inside of a castle. And she's in her ball gown in that picture also.

Mousemates
09-03-2011, 10:56 AM
Gaston's Pub (Pic#4) looks like a lot of fun, but can someone tell me why there are kids purchasing and chugging down mugs of beer?!? LOL :silly:

How weird is that? :eek:

DonnaT103
09-03-2011, 01:19 PM
I sure hope that if Disney does do something like butterbeer, they do a better job at it. Butterbeer is good going down, but boy does it leave a wicked aftertaste, one you just can't get rid of.:ack:

akaDisneyDreamer
09-04-2011, 11:23 AM
My guess would be root beer. Why would they chose to serve a "Harry Potter" beverage at Gaston's Pub? Anyway, I can't wait to see all this, ball gown in the village and all!

Butters
09-04-2011, 05:53 PM
It's probably just for the pic since it's called a tavern... I expect a menu of root beer and coke products.

texas211
09-04-2011, 08:16 PM
I think it's a little strange that a place called Gaston's Tavern won't be serving beer.

Amen. Thank God for Epcot :)

Why do they serve beer at some parks, and not at others I'll never understand.

Though butterbeer?

Bellerella
09-04-2011, 08:22 PM
I think to keep with the pub theme, they might serve root beer/root beer floats in fancy mugs? :beer: I don't think they would serve butter beer; to me it seems they would want to keep with their own thing. (Plus butter beer sounds kinda gross to me...) :mickey:

texas211
09-04-2011, 09:19 PM
Just googled butterbeer. Gross. Please don't introduce that foulness. Serve Dolewhips, there can't be too many of them.

Melanie
09-04-2011, 09:33 PM
I can assure you Disney will not be serving Butterbeer, but for what it's worth, I really like it - especially the frozen variety. :tasty:

PirateLover
09-04-2011, 11:54 PM
I can assure you Disney will not be serving Butterbeer, but for what it's worth, I really like it - especially the frozen variety. :tasty:

Frozen butter beer is great! Much better than non-frozen. Disney will probably come up with their own kid friendly version of some kind of root beer/cream soda drink. But to those of you knocking butter beer... try it first!

Buttercup
09-05-2011, 09:56 AM
I was thinking the same thing. And also the picture showing Belle giving story time inside her father's cottage, that picture doesn't look like the inside of a cottage, more like the inside of a castle. And she's in her ball gown in that picture also.
That's what I was going to say too! Why is Maurice's cottage all fancy like that? Are we supposed to believe that now that Belle is married to the Beast, she used her large bank account to renovate her father's house?!?!?!:confused:

BrerGnat
09-05-2011, 11:56 AM
I don't think that Disney will call it Butterbeer, per se. However, I do think it's possible that they will craft thier own "beer" to serve as a specialty drink at Gaston's Tavern.

LynBug
09-05-2011, 01:12 PM
Everyone seems pretty judgemental...these are just drawings and concepts! Not set-in-stone photos of what it is going to look like exactly. Maybe Belle won't be in her ballgown, and it might not look exactly like the picture. This is Disney we're talking about! They will make the new expansion look fantastic, and I for one am very excited to see it. Also, Disney would not serve beer in MK. It's a park aimed towards children. Simple--if the new expansion doesn't look appealing to you, then you don't have to go. I think it's going to be a great addition to MK :mickey:

akaDisneyDreamer
09-05-2011, 01:35 PM
Really looking forward to the Be Our Guest restaurant too! I wonder what kind of food they will serve? French?

darthmacho
09-05-2011, 03:13 PM
Everyone seems pretty judgemental...these are just drawings and concepts! Not set-in-stone photos of what it is going to look like exactly. Maybe Belle won't be in her ballgown, and it might not look exactly like the picture. This is Disney we're talking about! They will make the new expansion look fantastic, and I for one am very excited to see it. Also, Disney would not serve beer in MK. It's a park aimed towards children. Simple--if the new expansion doesn't look appealing to you, then you don't have to go. I think it's going to be a great addition to MK :mickey:

:mickey: I don't think anyone is really being judgmental or taking this thread to seriously. I think we were all just having a little fun joking about the pics and the idea of butterbeer at WDW. I know they aren't going to serve alcohol at MK, especially not to children, but that's what the concept art seems to imply. I thought it was funny, so I started the thread to point it out. :laughing:

I think we're all looking forward to the new Fantasyland too. Glad you're excited about it. Isn't the wait getting excruciating? :yes:

McLiberal8
09-06-2011, 12:25 AM
I was thinking that, too. A replica of Butterbeer, or something similar. Maybe a ''Mead' Our Guest'?

BrerGnat
09-06-2011, 10:02 AM
Everyone seems pretty judgemental...these are just drawings and concepts! Not set-in-stone photos of what it is going to look like exactly. Maybe Belle won't be in her ballgown, and it might not look exactly like the picture. This is Disney we're talking about! :

I don't see it as being judgmental. The Disney folks were the ones who posted these photos and claimed they were "new" concept art photos of the Fantasyland Expansion. THEY were the ones who said that. So, to see some pictures that are not only NOT new, but extremely generic (i.e. A still picture from a scene in the Little Mermaid), is a bit disappointing.

And, I think the incongruity of some of these pictures is funny at best, and at worst, just sort of lazy on the part of the artist.

This is a discussion board. We discuss. We share opinions and argue back and forth. It's all good.

akaDisneyDreamer
09-06-2011, 03:05 PM
I agree that it seemed some people were jumping to conclusions based on the sketches, but you can't always tell if someone is being seriously negative about the happiest place on earth or mearly joking on these boards (maybe we should all make better use of the happy face! :))

I do agree with LynBug that whatever they decide to do, because it's Disney, it will be awesome! So, yeah, I guess I'm defensive of Disney too, but shucks, they haven't disappointed me yet! Can't wait to see the new Fantasyland! :mickey: