PDA

View Full Version : It melted before I could taste it - Day 8

Lisaj13
09-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Day 8 (August 23) – DD2’s Birthday! – DHS and Epcot

Happy birthday!

Today we’re doing DHS in the morning and Epcot in the afternoon. Our bus pulls up just before we get to the bus stop. Once the park is open we head straight for Rock ‘n Roller Coaster (go figure). On the way there Cast Members sing Happy Birthday to DD2. We get fast passes and get in line. The wait says 30 minutes which confuses me, but then I realize they haven’t let anybody in yet. Once they do it takes us 10 minutes. This time when we end up in the gift shop it takes a lot longer, as DD2 has decided this is where we’re buying her birthday gifts. She ends up blinged out in a hat that lights up and a guitar shaped purse. Eat your heart out Steven Tyler!

We go on Tower of Tower next, and I hold onto things a lot more securely! Then back to Rock ‘n Roller Coaster. I check on the Indiana Jones Stunt Show and Star Tours, but our timing is off. On the way we hear a woman say, “Is it hot today, or is it me?” Duh, it’s hot. We shop our way to the exit (I buy unbirthday tea) and head for the TTC bus. We wait just a few minutes before it arrives. Next we hop on the monorail to Epcot. As we’re heading toward bag search I realize that I have a big bag of souvenirs that will have to be searched. Those poor security people, but they’ve probably seen worse. Once we’re in it’s straight to Mission Space for fast passes.

We have lunch at Norway, and detour for churros for dessert. Mission Space (orange) is awesome! (I warned you.) We do Captain Eo again and then head toward the Seas. We had only meant to look for something at the gift shop, but as we go in the main doors we realize this means we’re heading for the ride. Oh well, sitting down and air conditioning are always good. We didn’t have any luck in the gift shop so we head out. Fast passes for Soarin’ are gone and the wait is 110 minutes so we decide to head for the monorail. A lot of people are just arriving and I overhear some talking about Soarin’. Good luck!

We make it back to our room before the rain starts and after relaxing and having supper the rain has stopped so we head for Downtown Disney. We catch the bus immediately (of course) and head for World of Disney. The girls pick up a few things and we stroll back to the bus stop. We just miss our bus, but another one pulls up in 10 minutes.

I must say that Disney sure has trained Cast Members well when it comes to birthdays. DD2 was wished Happy Birthday left, right and centre all day long.

faline
09-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Sounds like your daughter had a lovely birthday celebration at Disney World!

pdrlkr
09-04-2011, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

January-2007
09-04-2011, 11:39 PM
So glad your daughter had such a wonderful Disney birthday!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-06-2011, 10:20 AM
you guys know how to shop, thanks for the report

Joannelet
09-06-2011, 03:19 PM
Glad your daughter had a wonderful birthday!

princessgirls
09-07-2011, 01:39 PM
Sounds like DD had a fun time celebrating her birthday in WDW.

Great day! Thanks for reporting!

Julie:mickey:

Tigerinvestigator
09-13-2011, 11:24 AM
Another great report....but why not take the boat to Epcot? We love staying at the Epcot resorts and travelling back and forth from DHS to Epcot.:thumbsup:

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-13-2011, 10:02 PM
Cant wait for our trip now.... especially since it will be me with the birthday pin!!!!!!!!!