PDA

View Full Version : It melted before I could taste it - Day 6

Lisaj13
09-02-2011, 02:04 PM
Day 6 (August 21) – Magic Kingdom

I was off to Captain Cook’s first thing this morning for breakfast goodies, then we hopped on the monorail to the Magic Kingdom. I’m still amazed at how I can be standing in a line at 8:30 in the morning and the sweat is running down me. However, once we’re moving it’s not so noticeable. We head for Space Mountain and it seems as if half the park goes with us. We ride it twice and get fast passes for later. This is another ride that’s not extreme and yet we all love. The theming makes all the difference. My kids’ favourite sign: check invisible oxygen dome.

Buzz Lightyear is always fun, although I’m lousy at it. DD1 starts out very slowly but then blows the rest of us out of the water, with no idea how she did it.

Next we go to the Tiki Room. It re-opened just before our trip so I’m interested to see if anything’s changed. It seems shorter, and not as dark. I guess I liked the part where the tiki gods are angry. I think they’re just disgruntled now.

Again, we have lunch reservations today (our last one) so we share a Dole float and soft serve to keep us going. After using our fast passes for Space Mountain we head to Tony’s Town Square for lunch. We’re early again but they’re able to seat us right away. DD2 astonishes me by ordering a chicken caesar salad. She would never complain about the heat, but I think she’s feeling it and that’s why she’s eating more in the way of cold food. DD1 has the chicken parmigiana and I have the baked ziti. Everything’s good and we even have dessert. I have the pineapple cheesecake and on the plate is a picture of Lady and Tramp done in chocolate. Too cute! DD2 has the ice cream bomb, which comes with a candle on it, because she’s wearing her birthday button. DD1 is promised a taste of the ice cream but, “it melted before I could taste it”.

We stop in to Le Chapeau, and as we walk around the store hear singing. It was the Dapper Dans right outside the front door. They were great. I love just coming upon performances like this.

We headed off to do Pirates again (20 minute wait posted), and then went through a few shops where I managed to talk myself out of expensive goods. We ended up back at Le Chapeau where DD2 got a Mad Hatter hat and DD1 got a pirate bandana. We took the monorail back to the Poly.

After supper we headed to Downtown Disney. The bus pulled up as we were walking to the bus stop. We just did a small part of Downtown Disney, but we bought lots. The girls got cool socks at Little Miss Matched, pins for friends (check) at Pin Traders, and leather pirate wristbands at World of Disney. I lost DD2 for a while at World of Disney, and being almost 15, she rolled her eyes at me when I found her and expressed my worry.

We hadn’t brought our water bottles with us, which was a mistake, and ended up buying a bottle of water. At home it cools off when the sun goes down. We watched a fellow performing on the stage and teaching dance moves to kids, breathed deeply around Ghirardelli and headed out. Our bus pulled up as soon as we got to the bus stop.

We walked about 6.5 miles today.

faline
09-02-2011, 06:54 PM
I can't believe the luck you're having with transportation! Wish I knew your secret!

pdrlkr
09-04-2011, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

January-2007
09-04-2011, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the trip report!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-06-2011, 10:14 AM
Love shopping at DTD, thanks for the report

Joannelet
09-06-2011, 03:12 PM
Wow you really are lucky with transportation! You are also great with finding your souvenirs! I am awful about finding just the right thing! I can never decide! Another great day!

princessgirls
09-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Great fun day!! Girls and shopping...enough said!

You are having a great trip with the buses! Nice!!!

Julie:mickey:

Tigerinvestigator
09-13-2011, 11:18 AM
Its getting close to lunch time and the thought of Tony's has my mouth watering!!! Sounds like another good day.

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-13-2011, 09:54 PM
I need your bus luck on our trip in 31 days! :thumbsup: