PDA

View Full Version : It melted before I could taste it - Day 3

Lisaj13
09-02-2011, 02:01 PM
Day 3 (August 18) – Epcot

We had our goodies from Norway for breakfast. On the way to the TTC I stop at the front desk and ask about transportation to Universal and they give me the phone numbers for Mears and taxis. We had to show our i.d.s at the TTC, then up to the station for the monorail, which comes in about a minute. Stand in line at Epcot, then stand in line inside Epcot. Then, follow EVERYONE (it feels like) to Soarin’. This is such a wonderful ride, and it’s great to see that it’s still so popular. When the ride is done everyone claps! I go get fast passes and then we head to Living’ with the Land, then Circle of Life. It used to be that our family struggled to keep up with DD2, because she RAN between rides. Now she’s discovered photography and I’m always looking behind me wondering what’s caught her eye that she has to take a picture of. She has to take a picture of all the signs with Timon and Pumbaa.

Pictures done, we head to the Living Seas. We head through the queue: left, right, left, right. I’d sure hate to be here when it’s packed. We head off on our clam mobiles. Poor, Peach – “What I’d give to see a root canal!” We wander through the exhibits and take our time looking at the sea horses, sea turtles and rays. I’ve always thought that sea horses had the right idea – the males are the ones that get pregnant!

A browse in the gift shop is productive. A friend had requested a “Mine” t-shirt so we get that. One name checked off the gift list. Time to Soar again, our fast passes are ready. Unfortunately, I think everybody else’s fast passes are up too. There’s quite a crowd. Which means that by the time we’re done we’re late for our reservation at the Rose and Crown.

A mad dash to the U.K. and an apology to the hostess, is rewarded with “No worries”. We sit outside, but in the shade, and enjoy our meal. I have the shepherd’s pie, DD2 has fish and chips, and DD1 surprises me by having the burger with horse radish. She used to be such a picky eater that we dreaded going out to a restaurant. It’s wonderful to see her becoming more adventurous.

We walk on to France where I get some lovely scented soaps for a friend. One more name checked off. We decide it’s time to start heading back towards the monorail. So, we checked out the U.K. and Canadian pavilions. Overheard in Canada, a young boy to his parents, “Why don’t we just visit Canada?” He’s got a point!

We go visit Figment at Journey into Imagination. And in the gift shop afterwards (there’s a theme here) we find a gift for another friend. She’s a teacher, and had requested pencils with shaped tops representing the characters. We go see Captain Eo, and after standing for the pre-show the kids are happy to collapse into chairs in the theatre. I leave the kids at Mouse Gear (dangerous!) while I go to Norway to get a t-shirt. When I come back DD1 is sitting on a bench outside, looking very wilted. I take pity on her and buy her a misting fan. Then I go in search of DD2. She’s in the pirate section, of course!

Lunch seems a long time ago, so we have an ice cream break. The kids have a Mickey bar and an ice cream sandwich. I try the pineapple bar. It’s excellent, and very refreshing.

I didn’t realize how much DD2 enjoyed Captain Eo. She wants a souvenir from the show, but is happy with just a key chain.

We continue towards the front of the park. The line for Spaceship Earth is short, so we hop on it. I was surprised by the ending where our pictures show up on the big screen. Kind of cool.

Well, that’s it for my kids. They are fried crispy. We have a brief wait for the monorail, and then we transfer at the TTC since they’re so tired that the walk to the Poly seems Looooonggg.

It’s 5:00 and Gunsmoke is on! After that it’s supper time, and coming back it’s raining lightly, and then the skies opened. I call Mears to arrange transport to Universal ($19/each). Tomorrow is Harry Potter day.

Today we walked 8.5 miles. No wonder we’re tired.

faline
09-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Another lovely day!

T-Belle
09-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Another great report! Now I want Shepherd Pie!!

pdrlkr
09-04-2011, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

January-2007
09-04-2011, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the trip report.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-06-2011, 10:05 AM
Great day at Epcot, thanks for posting:mickey:

Joannelet
09-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Yummy shepards pie! I have a question....why did they make you show your i.d at the TTC? Have they always done that? Another great Epcot day!

Lisaj13
09-06-2011, 04:58 PM
I think it was EMH at the Magic Kingdom that morning. That's the only reason I could think of.

KylesMom
09-07-2011, 01:57 PM
It used to be that our family struggled to keep up with DD2, because she RAN between rides. Now she’s discovered photography and I’m always looking behind me wondering what’s caught her eye that she has to take a picture of. Yep, nothing like a camera to slow our kids down at Disney! :blush:

Another fun day with lots of different things in there. Yep, we found that Epcot put the most miles on our pedometer this summer! :mickey:

As far as showing your room keys at TTC before you entered the gates, you got it - EMH.

Tigerinvestigator
09-13-2011, 11:10 AM
Another good day. When I was a pre-teen on one of our trips during the 1980's I ate 30+ pineapple bars during the trip (they were addictive). I have never eaten another and have no desire to....i guess thats called burnout! :sick:

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-13-2011, 07:41 PM
I love your touring style! Can't wait until my girls are old enough where we don't need strollers anymore.

vizsla
09-18-2011, 06:13 AM
Thanks for the report.