PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge or Fort wilderness Cabin?

ranty
09-02-2011, 06:40 AM
Hello everyone:mickey: Here's another Q!! I am going to be down from oct 6 till 18(next month) I was wondering if it is nicer at the wilderness lodge than a cabin at Fort wilderness? They are about the same price. We will not be cooking ( free dining) so is it better to stay at the lodge or is the extra room of a cabin much better? We will be using the pools quite a bit so is the pool at the lodge a better choice? I know this is all relative but I would love to know all your opinions. I think I am looking at the Lodge as a better deal because it is listed as a deluxe as opposed to the moderate cabin. Am I being Silly:D So thanks for your time everyone:thumbsup:

floridamom
09-02-2011, 07:53 AM
IMHO, I would choose Wilderness Lodge. We have been there several times, and each time we have briefly considered a cabin instead, but end up opting for the hotel for the convenience and comfort. I think of the cabins as a nice alternative to camping, with a similar rustic, more secluded feel. But that wasn't what we were going for on our Disney trips, so we passed.

The pool at WL is themed and very nice; I think the FW pools are more basic. Since you are on free dining, you can easily take advantage of the dining options at WL, or hop a boat to MK. FW also has a boat, but my understanding is that you have to take a bus to get to the boat launch area. At WL, you just walk out of the building and head out to the dock. Very easy.

The only real advantage I see with the cabins is if you want some separation of space and a kitchen and living area, and/or if you need to sleep 5 or 6.

Good luck with your decision!

:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-02-2011, 08:19 AM
I would go with the WL unless you have more than 4 people...have fun planning:mickey:

c&d
09-02-2011, 09:51 AM
If you're not cooking I would definitely go with the Lodge. We've had friends stay at the cabins and they loved them but the main reason for them staying there was to be able to eat in for most meals.

hoop de do
09-02-2011, 10:51 AM
With the info you give I'd go with the WL. If it wasn't for that I'd take the cabins over the WL any time. I like the quiet "get away from it all for while" you get with the cabin.
Either one have a great vaca. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

brownie
09-02-2011, 12:17 PM
With the info you give I'd go with the WL.

:ditto:

mydisneygirls
09-02-2011, 12:31 PM
We are staying in the WL because I didn't want to cook and clean up....I'm on vacation!! Plus we have the DP. I heard if you stay in the cabins, you need some sort of transportation to get around because they are far away from everything. Any know if that's correct? I guess being far away from everything is sometimes good like Hoop de do says!!!

darthmacho
09-02-2011, 12:53 PM
Wilderness Lodge is the best resort on property, so if you can afford it, you should do it, especially if you don't need the kitchen or extra space of the cabin. :mickey:

AgentC
09-02-2011, 12:57 PM
We are staying in the WL because I didn't want to cook and clean up....I'm on vacation!! Plus we have the DP. I heard if you stay in the cabins, you need some sort of transportation to get around because they are far away from everything. Any know if that's correct? I guess being far away from everything is sometimes good like Hoop de do says!!!

I agree with everyone else that I would pick WL.

For me the cabins are not a good choice unless we do the golf cart rental because the location of the cabins. The cabins not close to the boat dock or restaurant. Although there is a internal bus route, I found it easier to rent a cart which increases your daily rate by $50 or so (It's been 2 years since I've stayed there so it might be higher).

I think the cabins are great if you need more room, plan to cook , like privacy, and don't mind the location. :)

mydisneygirls
09-02-2011, 01:49 PM
So around $50 a day for a cart times 8 days = $400. That's something to think about!!!!