PDA

View Full Version : How to get from POR to 1900 Park Faire at the Grand Floridian?

Wall-e
09-01-2011, 01:49 PM
We will be taking our first trip in October and I am not really sure about how all of the Disney Transportation works. What is the best/fastest way to get from POR to 1900 Park Faire using Disney Transportation? I am thinking we would take a bus to Magic Kindgom? Can we walk from there to GF?

TIA!

iceicebritney
09-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Your most efficient bet would be to take a taxi. They are not expensive and they will call one for you at POR.

If you must take Disney Transportation, I would suggest going to MK and then hoping the monorail. Make sure you check before hand that the monorail will be running if you have a late reservation.

Sorry, You cannot walk from the Grand Floridian to the MK. However It would be a great feature if you could!

Tygger7
09-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Depending on time of day, some options might be better than others. In addition to the bus to MK then monorail to GF, if you're coming directly from POR you could take the boat (or bus) to Downtown Disney, then take a bus from DtD directly to GF. If you're heading over for an early morning reservation though, I think I'd go the taxi route...you'd save time, and would be assured you'd get there on time.

I noticed that this is your first trip ever, so I also wanted to say congratulations! As a rule of thumb, allow at least an hour to get where you want to go (using Disney transportation). Depending on where your coming from/going to, you may want to allow 2 hours. You have to figure in "waiting" time in addition to travel time. And if you've never been there before, it's really hard to comprehend the size of WDW. Think about trying to get around in an area the size of Manhattan....20-30 minute bus rides are not out of the question.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask. The wonderful folks here on Intercot are always happy to help!

Goofy4TheWorld
09-01-2011, 02:48 PM
Take the bus to MK, then walk straight to the boat dock and take the boat to the GF (it is the first stop).

princessgirls
09-01-2011, 03:06 PM
Take the bus to MK, then walk straight to the boat dock and take the boat to the GF (it is the first stop).

This is what we did last week!! It worked!!!!

I called a cab from the Pop the night before and they said $30. Bus/Boat it was!!!!

Enjoy the Park Fare!
Julie:mickey:

Mousemates
09-01-2011, 03:27 PM
I would be among those who opt for the bus to MK and then monorail over to the Grand Floridian.

CleveRocks
09-01-2011, 03:43 PM
Once at MK, if your goal is the quickest transportation rather than sigtseeing, I strongly recommend the boat to Grand Floridian rather than the monorail.

The boat is direct and it's a very very short ride. You may wait a few minutes for it, but you'll be able to judge your waiting time by looking down the Seven Seas Lagoon to see if you can see the boat traveling towards you (it is coming from Polynesian Resort).

The monorail would certainly be OK, but even if there is one waiting for you when you get to the platform, you're looking at a good 20 minutes until it loops all the way around to the GF.

Now, on the way back to MK from GF, the monorail is the obvious choice because it is a very short ride, whereas the boat (in that direction) would go out of the way to Poly before coming back to MK.

mdricks
09-01-2011, 04:15 PM
The boat from POR to DTD is very nice. Adds some time to the trip but it is a pleasant experience, especially at night.

I stay at POFQ and do this on every trip.

:number1: