PDA

View Full Version : August again! Trip Report Day 3 8/20/11

candace flynn
09-01-2011, 10:27 AM
Day 3 8/20/11

Cast: DH, me, DS (12) and DD (9)

Plan: AK and dinner at Tutto Italia

We got to AK a little after opening. We started the day with the safari. We saw a good amount of animals. At one point two ostrich were walking right along the road right next to the truck. They still had the poacher storyline. I thought I had read they were doing away with that? After that, DH went to get FPs for Everest, while the kids and I took the trail to see more animals. We got pictures with Flik and Terk. DH and DS rode EE while DS and I went on Triceratops spin. We met back up again and DS and I went on EE.

After that we decided to try Kali river rapids. The entrance said 15 minutes, but it was more like 30. While we were waiting, we saw a teenage kid sitting on the ground with people around him. The lady behind me noticed he looked really pale. (Note this for later). There were some cast members around, but we didn't see much else. Everyone guessed he was over heated. We got on the ride and no one in our boat got soaked! Everyone was somewhat wet, but no one was dripping! I thought that was pretty amazing, usually one person gets drenched.

Afterwards we stopped for lunch at Restaurantosaurus. DD got her lunch in a little sand pail, that of course she had to keep and I carried around for the rest of the day (note this also for later). We went on another of the trails and saw the tigers. We were getting hot so we decided to stop at Camp Mickey and Minnie for autographs and then go back to the pool. As we were heading over, a CM came up to me and asked me if I felt alright because I was a little pale. I thought about the kid over at Kali and said I feel okay. At which point he pointed to the sand pail I was carrying and said "get it, a little pail!" Ha ha, we all had a laugh over that one. We got Minnie, Goofy, Thumper and Miss Bunny's autographs. There were no lines except for Mickey! We headed back to the pool to cool off.

After cooling off and cleaning up, we headed to Epcot for dinner. Once again, FPs for Test Track and Soarin were gone. We got to Italy and waited about 5 minutes to be seated. After being seated, service was fast! We had bread before we had even finished sitting down. I had a delicious shrimp and risotto dish! It was so good. And came so quickly! It was definitely not a long meal. Afterwards we went to Innoventions and did the Piggy Bank adventure. The kids love this! They have been talking about it since we did it 2 years ago. Spent some time in MouseGears and ended the night on Spaceship Earth.
:mickey:

faline
09-01-2011, 01:00 PM
At this time of year, it is so easy to truly get overheated. Glad your "pail" didn't result in being "pale"!

pdrlkr
09-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

iceicebritney
09-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Great report:mickey: which Italy restaurant did you eat at?

candace flynn
09-02-2011, 11:00 AM
Great report:mickey: which Italy restaurant did you eat at?

It was Tutto Italia. Very good! I forgot there are two restaurants there now.