PDA

View Full Version : What the hey? pt9

Mickey'sGirl
08-31-2011, 09:37 PM
What the hey? Let’s just go to Disneyworld – August 14-24, 2011

Awesome cast of characters:
Me (Jennifer )
Brian (My partner in crime for 38 of my 42 years – CanadianWDWFan)
Harry (Just turned 13, is growing like a weed and is ALWAYS hungry)
Euan (7 years old and loves all things Disney, especially Mickey)

After a bit of sleep in, we decided to take the bus over to the Magic Kingdom. We didn’t have plans for a long visit, as we were meeting friends for dinner at Abuelos (again, I know … but the food and the margaritas are very very good). We still wanted to ride the train around the park, and get some time on Space Mountain, but alas, even after investing a few hours again today, we did neither. We did go through the Haunted Mansion again, ride Buzz, and visit the Laugh Floor and even Stitch! We rode the TTA again (we always ride the TTA ), and then left to get back to the hotel in time to clean up for dinner. The wait for the bus was not bad, but the ride seemed to take about 9 hours. The ride is usually 19-20 minutes, but this day it took almost 40, and it was a very crowded bus. Harry had given up his seat for a lady and her sleeping toddler, so he was holding onto the roof of the bus near us, and he said he felt like he had been in a very long slow moving queue for a ride that never happened! Regardless, we got where we were going, and were able to get ourselves sorted and out the door again in time for our date.

Dinner was fun, it was with the same group as on Saturday night at the pool … Three couples, three girls (10, almost 12 and 13) and our boys. The kids get on fabulously, and speaking for my DH and myself, so do the grownups. It was another fun meal!

After dinner, everyone went their separate ways. Brian, Euan and I were going home for a swim, our local friends had to get their daughter home, as school started the next morning for her, and our other friends were headed over to the Studios for the evening, and Harry and John (the Mr. of our local friends) were going fishing. John loves to fish, and Harry loves the idea of fishing, so they were a match made in heaven. Everyone went on their way.

Harry and John didn’t end up catching anything …. Not even an alligator, but they had fun. It was really kind of John to make the special effort for Hare, and we all appreciated it. Afterwards, John met us by the pool, and came back to our room for a visit and a peek at the savannah before heading off home again.

ElenitaB
09-01-2011, 12:16 AM
Another grand day... And at least no alligator caught John and Harry either! :gator:

faline
09-01-2011, 12:44 PM
Another grand day... And at least no alligator caught John and Harry either! :gator:

Indeed!

DizNee143
09-01-2011, 03:41 PM
another great day!!!!!!!!:mickey:

pdrlkr
09-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Joannelet
09-02-2011, 03:22 PM
Another great day and report!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-02-2011, 04:28 PM
Savannah view, cool:mickey:

January-2007
09-04-2011, 09:10 PM
Thanks for reporting.

KylesMom
09-07-2011, 09:46 AM
Isn't it funny how time just slips away at MK & before you know it, it's time to leave & you haven't seen or done what you originally meant to do? Happens to us all the time.

What a great laid back day, and another fun dinner with friends. Too bad Harry didn't catch anything, but I bet it's an adventure he won't soon forget! :mickey:

Dsnygirl
09-07-2011, 10:12 AM
Sounds like a fun time at MK, even w/o getting to what you wanted to get to... isn't that often the way?? And poor Harry, on that bus ride... he's such a sweet kid!!

Trust me, DH and I completely agree on how well we all got on... that evening was one of our favorites!! And the kids, too... like they'd known each other forever. Tres cool! :thumbsup: So glad you decided to do a "redo" on the margaritas... we LOVED it!

(and glad to hear no alligators were caught, too!)