PDA

View Full Version : What the hey? pt7

Mickey'sGirl
08-31-2011, 09:33 PM
What the hey? Let’s just go to Disneyworld – August 14-24, 2011

Awesome cast of characters:
Me (Jennifer )
Brian (My partner in crime for 38 of my 42 years – CanadianWDWFan)
Harry (Just turned 13, is growing like a weed and is ALWAYS hungry)
Euan (7 years old and loves all things Disney, especially Mickey)

We got up early as we wanted to get over to Epcot by opening so we could go on Soarin’. The plan worked, and we got Fastpasses, then waited about 25 minutes in the Stand-by line. We all really enjoyed the flight. After Soarin’, we rode Living with the Land, then over to Figment, and out to Spaceship Earth, then back for our return flight fastpasses. All in all a fun (and successful) morning.

We left Epcot and took the Monorail over to MK. Brian and Euan went to ride the Teacups while Harry and I averted our eyes, and then we went over to see if Sonny Eclipse was playing at Cosmic Rays. Of course he was (I really LOVE Sonny :heart: ). The boys were able to go and sit down and watch (it was not busy), while Brian and I got our food. The Turkey wrap at Rays is very good, and big enough to share for sure. Lunch was very tasty, and the show was fabulous, so we went out to enjoy the park. We got fastpasses for Peter Pan, saw Philharmagic, then went to ride Pirates. Just after getting through the wooden doors at the entrance, the CMs closed them (and us inside) due to technical difficulties. After a bit of a wait they opened up again, and we started moving … After Pirates we went across to see what Buzz was up to, and then a ride on the good old TTA, and finally back over to Peter Pan for our fastpasses. I have to tell you, the fastpass line at Peter Pan has to be the most inefficient and ineffective one in any of the parks. We waited well over 30 minutes in a very slow line. It was absolutely ridiculous, and I just don’t get it. It was time for us to head back to the hotel. We were meeting some fellow INTERCOTees at 5, and then friends for dinner offsite, and we needed to clean up.

The mini-meet was in the lobby at Jambo House. “Mel” and her son were there, as was Marci “Disney4us2” and her daughter and their friends, and “Dsnygirl” Blythe and her husband and daughters, and “CanadianWDWFan” Brian, me and our two sons. It was informal and fun … and we were all amazed at how much we were like we seemed on line! It was really really lovely to meet everyone. Unfortunately our dinner kept us from meeting up with them all again later at MK! I would have loved to spend more time hanging out.

We went offsite to a restaurant along Osceola called “Abuelos”. All I can say is that there are happy hour margaritas and very very good food. Worth the trip for sure! It was lovely to see our friends (who live in the area) and their daughter, who is between the boys in age. We had a rolling good time, and afterwards they came back to AKL with us. We had debated taking the bus to the park for a while, but honestly, the stop was jam packed with people and I just couldn’t face it, so we went back to our room and visited. It was a very lovely evening.

ElenitaB
09-01-2011, 12:07 AM
First an INTERCOT meet at the MK and then :marg: and friends... :cloud9:

What could be better?

KylesMom
09-01-2011, 08:57 AM
I agree - Soarin', Sonny and super great friends all in the same day = success! For the most part, it sounds like your dining choices - both CS and TS - are working out well, too! :mickey:

mudpuppysmom
09-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Yet another great day! I agree on the PP FP line......next in line I think would be the WInnie the Pooh FP line -- it seems to run very much like the PP one!

faline
09-01-2011, 12:29 PM
What a great group of Intercot folks you met up with! You are truly having a terrific trip!

DizNee143
09-01-2011, 03:03 PM
what a nice day..some time in epcot and mk and then hanging out with a bunch of different friends!:mickey:

pdrlkr
09-01-2011, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Joannelet
09-02-2011, 11:51 AM
Wow you got to meet so many from Intercot! So fun! What a great day!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-02-2011, 04:18 PM
How fun! I would love to meet up with Intercotees at DW:mickey:

Zawadi
09-04-2011, 08:25 AM
We got up early as we wanted to get over to Epcot by opening so we could go on Soarin’. The plan worked, and we got Fastpasses, then waited about 25 minutes in the Stand-by line. We all really enjoyed the flight.

That sounds familiar. One of our Soarin' tricks is to get a FP, go standby, have breakfast at Sunshine Seasons, then use the FP.

Another good day of attractions and meeting friends.

January-2007
09-04-2011, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the trip report!

Melanie
09-04-2011, 09:40 PM
It was great to meet you guys! I'm actually quite sad we didn't get to visit more.

Mickey'sGirl
09-05-2011, 09:02 AM
It was great to meet you guys! I'm actually quite sad we didn't get to visit more.My only regret was not getting to spend some time with you! It was so great being able to put a person to a screen name!

Christine, you made me think of an Epcot visit I had with my Mom (who was wheelchair bound). We had been hit by a multitude of thunderstorms, and the ponchos were just not cutting it, so she bought a long billed goofy hat. We had dinner in France, and my poor soggy Mom wore that hat the whole time. When we came out my Dad wanted something from the Patisserie to take back to the hotel with us. Mom decided to be "parked" under the awning nearby. .... out of the rain and out of the shop. Well didn't that awning spring a leak. ... and when we came out there was a steady stream coming down right on top of that goofy hat and my water-logged mother. Nope. The rain is not fun for those in a wheelchair!

vizsla
09-06-2011, 05:06 AM
Thanks for the report.

Dsnygirl
09-07-2011, 10:06 AM
Another fun-filled day... with such a great ending!! :D We LOVED seeing you guys again -- and wished, like you, we could have had more time with Mel!! But so fun to get together and catch up...

Disney4us2
09-11-2011, 12:26 AM
Sounds like a great day. It was so nice to meet up with everyone at Jambo House. I wish we had more time.