PDA

View Full Version : What the hey? pt6

Mickey'sGirl
08-31-2011, 09:32 PM
What the hey? Let’s just go to Disneyworld – August 14-24, 2011

Awesome cast of characters:
Me (Jennifer )
Brian (My partner in crime for 38 of my 42 years – CanadianWDWFan)
Harry (Just turned 13, is growing like a weed and is ALWAYS hungry)
Euan (7 years old and loves all things Disney, especially Mickey)

We had no plans whatsoever on Thursday, so after getting up and eating in the room, we decided to go to Downtown Disney to make our visit to the LEGO store (It’s a pilgrimage kind of thing for us). Euan had been saving his money, and carrying his LEGO magazines around for months. He had finally decided on “Queen Anne’s Revenge” for this year’s purchase, you see the Jack Sparrow in that set has a hat and his “brown” clothing …. Not to be confused with the Jack Sparrow from his “Fountain of Youth” set, who is “Jack Sparrow – Waistcoat”. Believe me. It matters. Back to this story.

Parking at DTD was not difficult. We headed straight to the Taj MaLEGO, and Euan quickly found his set. We made him really think about his purchase, as it was expensive and he would have NO MORE spending money afterwards. Turns out it was $20 less in the store, and we had 500 LEGO points from the Christmas “DeathStar” purchase … so the whole shebang plus a Greedo keychain for me :heart: cost just $100. I don’t know that we’ve ever escaped that store spending so little! With a very happy child on my arm, we headed over to the World of Disney store to check it out, and then over to Ghiradellis to sample their wares. J Euan got a vanilla cone, Harry got a large Chocolate Shake, and Brian and I shared a fudge sundae. Very, very tasty.

We decided to try our luck at the Animal Kingdom this afternoon. So, after stopping for some cheeseburgers at McDs, we parked and trammed and got through the gates at the Animal Kingdom. We split up immediately. Harry and Brian went off to ride the Yeti, and Euan and I were surprised to find “It’s Tough to be a Bug” up and running, so we went in for a show. Then we went over and rode Triceratops Spin while Brian and Harry rode Dinosaur, then we all went back and saw “It’s Tough to be a Bug” together. Our main goal today was to finally see the AK parade, so we were glad to finally say that we saw it …. Unfortunately by this time, Harry was so overheated that we had to cool him down. We found a functioning Ice Cream cart (which close down during the parades!!!), it was in the shade, and the man selling it was happy to share his huge fan with us. It did the trick. Shortly after, we made our way out of the park, and back to our hotel.

We decided to order in pizza tonight. We always ask the Bell Services guys for recommendations, and they gave us a pamphlet for “Flippers Pizza”. Two thumbs up from this very finicky pizza loving family!! Then we hit the pool for some fun and cooling off …. That night’s movie was Toy Story 3.

KylesMom
08-31-2011, 11:00 PM
What a crack-up . . . I was thrilled that Kyle made it out of the "Taj MaLEGO" (love it) for under $72 this year. Too funny - especially when it's their own money they are spending! I will say, especially with the A/P discount, that the LEGO store is VERY reasonably priced - unlike most other Disney venues. I wonder how long both our annual pilgrimages will continue here? :D

Hot, hot, hot - I can only imagine how steamy AK was by the time you got there. Sounds like you had an enjoyable time, though - and a nice relaxing evening.

How cool - TS3 on the screen tonight. Honestly, I don't think I could be at Disney watching that movie without losin' it in public.

What another magical day! :mickey:

ElenitaB
09-01-2011, 12:03 AM
They close the ice cream carts during the parade? :confused: Glad you found one open for Harry.

Yes, I so understand the pilgrimage to the Lego Store. It's a tradition for us as well. :)

Glad you found a good greasy wheel down at WDW. I'll have to try to remember that name for our next trip.

mudpuppysmom
09-01-2011, 11:55 AM
Taj MaLego.....I LOVE IT!!!!:D::funny:

Another great day!

faline
09-01-2011, 12:25 PM
That parade at Animal Kingdom is something I have not yet done - the best I can say is that I saw pieces of it on our last trip but we were on our way out of the park so did not linger to watch. I'm glad Euan was able to get exactly what he wanted at the Lego store!

DizNee143
09-01-2011, 02:58 PM
ah i love DTD! sounds like you guys made out good at the Lego store..we always have to make a stop in that store too..but its for my hubby..lol..
glad you guys finally got to see AKs parade! ive yet to see it..
and yumm pizza for dinner! :mickey:

pdrlkr
09-01-2011, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-01-2011, 04:09 PM
Sounds great, flippers pizza? Interesting name.

Joannelet
09-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Great report! I love watching Disney movies by the pool! So fun! :)

January-2007
09-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Thanks so much for reporting!

Zawadi
09-04-2011, 08:18 AM
AK's Jammin' Jungle parade is our favourite daytime parade.

Another good day, apart from the overheating.

vizsla
09-06-2011, 05:04 AM
Thanks for the report.

Dsnygirl
09-07-2011, 10:03 AM
Jenn, your Euan cracks me up... so glad he got his Legos, with the correct Jack Sparrow!! :thumbsup:

Ordering in pizza sounds like a tremendous idea... as does the pool and movies. Awesome end to a fun day!