PDA

View Full Version : What the hey? pt5

Mickey'sGirl
08-31-2011, 09:30 PM
What the hey? Let’s just go to Disneyworld – August 14-24, 2011

Awesome cast of characters:
Me (Jennifer )
Brian (My partner in crime for 38 of my 42 years – CanadianWDWFan)
Harry (Just turned 13, is growing like a weed and is ALWAYS hungry)
Euan (7 years old and loves all things Disney, especially Mickey)

We flubbed around a bit the next morning, and decided to spend some time at the pool. We were heading over to Epcot later in the day to meet friends for dinner, so we were in no rush to get going. We enjoyed the pool much more this day than we had the other night. It was soooo much less crowded, and the water was quite a bit cooler (it had been quite soupy before). What a nice way to spend some time and to enjoy the hotel. Eventually, the dark skies rolled in, and we decided to head back to our room to do a little laundry and get cleaned up before driving over to Epcot.

I tell you …. Getting a great parking spot during a thunderstorm is awesome. We were right up in Journey 6, second from the end. It was only a quick walk to the security checkpoint. We entered the park and bypassed Spaceship Earth in favour of “Sum of All Thrills”, where the boys would design and then ride their own virtual roller coaster. I had done this in the past, but the hood is a little too close for my liking, and I enjoy it from below. Brian was content to not ride as well. They had such fun, and we could hear then screaming and laughing during the whole thing. Fabulous.

After playing with stuff at the end of the Innoventions building, Euan made some paper with a very nice guy, who was very excited to answer Euan’s million questions about what it was made of etc etc. Then we went to Club Cool for some refreshments before going backwards through the World Showcase. We rode Donald’s boat in Mexico, bypassed Norway and the Maelstrom (which was lined up out to Akershus), saw the beautiful movie in China, banged some drums near the Outpost (and checked out the very cool recycled beads that mgmnut described in his trip reports), and went over to watch the trains in Germany. While the guys were trainspotting, I sat on a bench for a bit, where I met a very nice man named “Donald” from Sanford, FL, who was there celebrating his birthday with his daughter. They were attempting a beer at every country. They started in Canada, and were just about to get a beer and a pretzel in Germany. They were really nice people, and it was a pleasure to share a bench with them and chat for a while.

Finally, it was time to head over to Biergarten where we were meeting friends of ours “alpro” here on INTERCOT, and his family. We met Alex and Maria at INTERCOT’s 10th anniversary, and here it is 4 years later, and it was if we had just seen them. Such lovely people, and a lovely family. It was such a pleasure to spend some time with them. By the time dinner was over, and we had oompaahed and laughed and enjoyed, Illuminations was over, and the park was closed. We slowly made our way back to the main gates, chatting while the boys goofed around. It was a really nice evening. We headed to our car, as they headed to their bus.

KylesMom
08-31-2011, 10:46 PM
You're getting awful spoiled with great parking spots two days in a row, aren't you?!

Nice change of pace today, starting with pool time & ending with a great meal and old friends. So far, your holiday is going perfectly! :mickey:

ElenitaB
08-31-2011, 11:56 PM
So jealous that you got to see Alpro and family! I'COT friends are the best! :thumbsup:

faline
09-01-2011, 12:18 PM
What a wonderful, relaxed day! And, still, you got to enjoy park time and have a lovely meal with friends!

DizNee143
09-01-2011, 02:21 PM
nice to start the day with a swim..sounds like the rest of the day at Epcot was nice!:mickey:

pdrlkr
09-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Sounds great, I think my son is going to like Sum of all Thrills...

Joannelet
09-02-2011, 11:43 AM
I am so jealous of your parking spots! ;) I am so amazed now by how long the lines are to ride Maelstrom. Remember the days when no one even knew about it!? I use to love just walking right on. Gone are those days! The word got out! Another great day and time spent with friends!

January-2007
09-03-2011, 08:02 PM
Thanks for reporting.

vizsla
09-05-2011, 06:50 AM
Thanks for the report.

Dsnygirl
09-07-2011, 10:01 AM
Another fun day! Our girls wanted SO badly to get to Sum of All Thrills and we just never did... glad your boys got to! Would have so loved to have joined you for your Epcot dinner... too bad we weren't there yet!! Glad you had such a fun time! :D