PDA

View Full Version : What the hey? pt3

Mickey'sGirl
08-31-2011, 09:26 PM
What the hey? Let’s just go to Disneyworld – August 14-24, 2011

Awesome cast of characters:
Me (Jennifer )
Brian (My partner in crime for 38 of my 42 years – CanadianWDWFan)
Harry (Just turned 13, is growing like a weed and is ALWAYS hungry)
Euan (7 years old and loves all things Disney, especially Mickey)

We got up and had cereal in our room, then opted to head over to Epcot for a quick visit. We felt that we didn’t spend enough time at Epcot last year, and we wanted to rectify that situation with this trip. First thing was to ride Spaceship earth. We just love the interactive stuff at the end of the journey … and we will often e-mail the little videos home for future chuckles. Next, the guys rode Mission Space while I waited at the end of the ride. After Mission Space it was time for a :bar: :bar: , then we went over to ride with Nemo and visit with Crush before going over to see Figment.

We had a dinner reservation at Kouzzina’s over at the Boardwalk (It is Harry’s favourite restaurant at WDW), so we planned on staying at Epcot until then. On our way out to the World Showcase, we picked up a timecard for a Kim Possible Mission. We meandered past Canada and the UK, and when we got to the KP station just before the International Gateway, Euan picked up his mission phone. Harry was overheating, so he and I opted to stand in the shade near the rose garden and watch the British Invasion (or whatever they are called now) while Brian and Euan completed the KP mission. It was a good show, and the other two had fun doing their thing too …. But we all needed to cool off … so we went over to France to see Impressions de France. It’s such a beautiful presentation, and the music is so fabulous. We all enjoyed it while soaking up some of the a/c. We meandered by Morocco, and strolled through the shops in Japan, before making our way over to the boat launch at the International Gateway.

The wait was not long, and we were all so happy to see our beloved Boardwalk (I can say very firmly that it is still my favourite resort). We were early for our ADR, so we took some time to wander about. We were seated very quickly after check in, and ordered our food. This was our fourth Kouzzina visit, and though it is still very very good, it didn’t seem quite as good this time. It seemed much more assembly line. I don’t know if it was the heat, but that’s how we all felt, including Harry. After dinner we rolled back out to the boat launch to return us to Epcot. We rode Spaceship Earth one more time before returning to our hotel (we drove to Epcot).

The swimming pool was VERY VERY busy. Brian and I opted to have a drink on the lounge chairs whilst the boys swam, and then at 9, a blow up screen provided a showing of the Incredibles. It was great fun, and the boys enjoyed their time.

Again we were in bed by about 11:30, and no wake up was set. We were doing what we could to make this a do what we care to do when we care to do it holiday, and so far it had been very good.

KylesMom
08-31-2011, 10:00 PM
Hey Jenn, which "team" do the boys ride - green or orange on Mission:Space? DS really wanted to do orange this trip, but I'm afraid I'm not up for the task & I don't think DH is either. Thoughts?

I'm sorry that Kouzzina wasn't as good as you've experienced in the past - we had a similar situation like this at our fav this past trip & I know it can be a bit disappointing.

A great finish to a wonderful day - watching The Incredibles! :mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
08-31-2011, 10:05 PM
Hey Jenn, which "team" do the boys ride - green or orange on Mission:Space? Until this year, I wouldn't let Euan ride the Orange. He is not a risk taker, but he asked to ride the Orange this year. I left it up to them ... which is giving permission. Needless to say they went Orange, and Euan LOVED it. "My brain went into my feet! It was so cool!" . Not my cup of tea!

ElenitaB
08-31-2011, 11:45 PM
What a great day... I love those "wake up when we please" days. And even if Kouzzina wasn't as great as it was in the past, it still sounds like it was pretty good. :thumbsup:

"My brain went into my feet!" :silly:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-01-2011, 10:17 AM
What is it about Boardwalk that makes it your favorite as compared with Animal Kingdom Lodge? Just wondering. Thanks for the report.

faline
09-01-2011, 12:06 PM
Lovely day! Looks like you're making sure you eat your share of Mickey bars!

DizNee143
09-01-2011, 02:05 PM
sounds like a nice day at Epcot..:mickey:

pdrlkr
09-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Mickey'sGirl
09-01-2011, 06:43 PM
What is it about Boardwalk that makes it your favorite as compared with Animal Kingdom Lodge? Just wondering. Thanks for the report.
It's my favourite compared to any resort so far (and we've stayed at all except the Grand Floridian, The Beach Club and Saratoga Springs). I love the walking distance to two parks (I sooo hate commuting by bus). I love the activities on the Boardwalk, and the beautiful cool lobby, and all the nice nooks around the resort to sit quietly and take it all in. I like the theming, and love the music that is always playing in the background. I love the quiet pools and the Keister Coaster pool. I love the variety of experiences you can have at one single location. I just really love love love it ... and the Epcot proximity is the icing on the cake. That said ... I have had wonderful stays at all different resorts ... I really don't think you can go wrong with a Disney resort. It's just that the Boardwalk is my favourite (and therefore we bought DVC there).

Joannelet
09-02-2011, 11:27 AM
Great report!

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-02-2011, 04:21 PM
It's my favourite compared to any resort so far (and we've stayed at all except the Grand Floridian, The Beach Club and Saratoga Springs). I love the walking distance to two parks (I sooo hate commuting by bus). I love the activities on the Boardwalk, and the beautiful cool lobby, and all the nice nooks around the resort to sit quietly and take it all in. I like the theming, and love the music that is always playing in the background. I love the quiet pools and the Keister Coaster pool. I love the variety of experiences you can have at one single location. I just really love love love it ... and the Epcot proximity is the icing on the cake. That said ... I have had wonderful stays at all different resorts ... I really don't think you can go wrong with a Disney resort. It's just that the Boardwalk is my favourite (and therefore we bought DVC there).

I was thinking I would like to stay at one of the Epcot Resorts one day...just looking at the pics the BW looks beautiful and would be my choice just by looking at the websites... but it seems like it gets a lot of criticism for being worn and folks just seem to love BC....glad to hear from someone who really loves it. We are going to take a couple of hours and check it out in December.:D

January-2007
09-03-2011, 07:52 PM
Thanks for reporting.

Zawadi
09-04-2011, 08:07 AM
were all so happy to see our beloved Boardwalk (I can say very firmly that it is still my favourite resort).
We love the AKL but in recent years we've stayed at the Yacht Club because of ease of access to Epcot, DS and Boardwalk. We also find it brighter, AKL's theming of dark wood and yellow lights was not good for my father's failing eyesight.

After Mission Space it was time for a :bar: :bar:
:bar: are very nice but very naughty (350+ calories). What the heck, you're on holiday!

vizsla
09-05-2011, 06:43 AM
Thanks for the report.

Dsnygirl
09-07-2011, 09:48 AM
Love the no wake up call... doesn't it feel good?? And I just love Impressions de France, as well... the music is the best anywhere. Glad you guys had such a fun day... and I hear you on the food... we didn't eat at Kouzzina, but felt the same elsewhere. :(

Still -- sounds like a great second day!! :thumbsup:

SBETigg
09-08-2011, 02:46 PM
Spontaneity is great! So glad it's working out for you. Unfortunate about Kouzzina, though. Maybe just an off night.