PDA

View Full Version : Fantasyland Expansion Opening Timeline Update

Strmchsr
08-31-2011, 05:04 PM
So, Imagineer Scott Malwitz gave interviews during D23 about the Fantasyland Expansion. His given timeline for the openings are as follows:

Early 2012 (Jan-June) - Half of Storybook Circus with double Dumbo, Great Goofini coaster, Fantasyland Train Station, Casey Jr.
Late 2012 (July-December) - Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid ride, Be Our Guest restaurant, Beauty and the Beast village, Belle meet-and-greet, Castle wall
Early 2013 (Jan-June) Remaining half of Storybook Circus with Pete’s Silly Sideshow
Late 2013 (July-Dec) Seven Dwarfs Mine Train roller coaster

He also said the big stuff wouldn't open all at the same time, but within a few weeks of each other. Obviously Disney wants to get all the publicity they can so they might open Little Mermaid one month and Be Our Guest the next month. No specifics are given, though, so we'll have to wait and see. But, for those of you planning on heading to WDW next year, there's a general idea of what to expect straight from one of the Imagineers overseeing the project, making it not just a rumor. Obviously this is all subject to change, but there you go.

Goofy4TheWorld
08-31-2011, 10:15 PM
Wow, 5 hours and still no replies.

Anyway, what is Casey Jr.?

What is Pete’s Silly Sideshow?

Thanks for the update!

WDWfanatic742
08-31-2011, 11:42 PM
Those were the questions I was wondering about. Also that it's going to take another year for the other half of Storybook to open and that the Mine Train will be late 2013 which sounds about right.

Images of DCA and all their construction they have had over the last couple years is all that enters my mind when thinking about how hectic the area around the mine train will be until it finally opens...

Strmchsr
09-01-2011, 08:39 AM
Anyway, what is Casey Jr.? What is Pete’s Silly Sideshow?

Casey Jr will be a mini-water play area, kind of like Donald's Boat in Toontown, but this will be themed around the Casey Jr train from Dumbo.

Pete's Silly Slideshow is a meet-n-greet area with all kinds of characters from all over dressed in various circus related garb. So, I would guess, for instance, you'll see Ringmaster Mickey, maybe Goofy in his strongman outfit, etc.

seanyred
09-01-2011, 09:20 AM
We are planning on going in April 2012 so I'm hopeful that at least Dumbo, Goofini and Case Jr. I know the mine train will take awhile but wished it was sooner than late 2013. Hopefully they leave SWSA open until then.

pdrlkr
09-01-2011, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the update! :thumbsup: :mickey:

Butters
09-01-2011, 01:05 PM
I hope to see something in Feb but I'm not holding my breathe....

Diznee4Me
09-01-2011, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the info.

Mousemates
09-01-2011, 01:51 PM
thnx for the update

iceicebritney
09-01-2011, 01:55 PM
I didn't realize this expansion was going to take so long! I'm sure it will all be worth it though :mickey:

:thanks: so much for the update!

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
09-01-2011, 02:34 PM
Going in June and hoping that something will be open, but not holding my breath.

MinnieMommie
09-01-2011, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the update. I have been getting a bit antsy waiting to hear an update on this so your info is timely. I am excited about the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ride so I guess I will have something to look forward to throughout the entire process. Thanks again.

Joannelet
09-02-2011, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the updates! Can't wait to see it all!

darthmacho
09-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Exciting! It will be nice having the Double Dumbos for next year's trip. I hope they get the Mermaid ride open by late summer, Ariel is my favorite character. (I love redheads.)

As for the rest, the question will be whether to turn around and come back for 2013, or wait until 2014? I guess we know what the decision will be made based on: :spend:

Great update, thanks for the info! :mickey:

Meteora
09-06-2011, 08:56 PM
Going in June and hoping that something will be open, but not holding my breath.

Me too! I would LOVE The Little Mermaid to be open...which means it probably won't be. ;)

plutosnana
09-06-2011, 09:47 PM
Hip Hip Hooray!

:goofy:

SpecJoe Magic
09-07-2011, 06:39 AM
Well, at least part of Storybook Circus might be open in time for our potential March visit. I'm not expecting any of it to be open by then, but this latest update means there's a small chance.