PDA

View Full Version : August again! Trip Report Day 2 8/19/11

candace flynn
08-31-2011, 02:20 PM
Day 2 8/19/11

Cast: DH, me, DS(12) and DD(9)

Plan: MK and dinner at Akershus

Today our MYW package with free dining started. They actually delivered our new keys to our room. Pretty cool! They had asked us at check-in if we wanted them delivered and they could do it between 8 and 9 am. I was hoping it would be more toward 8am so we could get to MK by 9. DH went to see if he could pick them up, but apparently the guy who was delivering them had just left! He got to our room just as I got out of the shower!:blush: I told the kids to answer the door and tell him to come back in a few minutes, which he did. We had some breakfast in the room and headed to MK.

We just missed the opening and got there around 9:05. We did a few Fantasy land rides: Peter pan, small world (mine and DD's favorite), Snow white, tea cups. We just missed Alice and the White Rabbit, but we went back later to get their pictures and autographs. DH got fast passes for Space Mountain and we all went on Buzz Lightyear. I am not good on this ride, so I won't reveal my score. Afterward it was lunch time so we went to Cosmic Ray's since it was right there. Food was okay. Afterward, DH and DS went to use the FPs. DD and I got in line for Chip and Dale. We all then went on the PeopleMover (I love this too for some reason). Then DS and I tried to use the other FP for Space, but it was down. So we headed back to the resort to use the pool. This is the only place I like the pool. Normally the water is too cold for me, but not here!

After the pool, we cleaned up and headed to Epcot for our reservation. The kids love Figment, they have been talking it about it for the past two years. I know a lot of people don't like it, but I guess since we never went on it before, we don't know any better. So we went on that before heading over to Norway. Of course FP were gone for Soarin' and Test Track and waits were like an hour. We had a good meal with the princesses, picture with Belle and then Aurora, Cinderella, Snow White and Ariel. Ariel asked where we were from and when we said Philly she asked what there was to do there. The first thing that came out of my mouth was the Liberty Bell. We were talking about that and how it was "broken". She asked DS if he broke it. Cute! I had the Catch of the Day, which was cod with a mustard sauce, very good!

It was raining when we left Norway, so Malestrom had a 30 min wait. We went in the store, got the kids new pressed penny books and shopped around till it let up. We did a Kim Possible mission in China and ended the night with Spaceship Earth. I love this ride too, mostly because the people look so real. And the kids love the part at the end where you create your future. We headed back to the resort to rest up for the next day.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-31-2011, 02:53 PM
Sounds like a great day

Briansmom
08-31-2011, 07:43 PM
We all then went on the PeopleMover (I love this too for some reason).

We love the Peoplemover too!!! :number1:

Sounds like a great day!

faline
09-01-2011, 11:27 AM
It's so nice to have some relaxed pool time in between the busy park times!

pdrlkr
09-01-2011, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: