PDA

View Full Version : August again! Trip Report Day 1 8/18/11

candace flynn
08-31-2011, 10:28 AM
Day 1 8/18 Arrival Day

This is my first trip report. :) My favorite part of Intercot is reading others trip reports, so I thought I would give it a try. This is our third trip in August. We also went in 2007 and 2009. All times we stayed at the Caribbean Beach. What can I say, we like it there. We also like the dining plan, which was free last time and this time.

Cast:
DH, me, DS (12) and DD (9)

Length of stay 8/18/11 – 8/26/11 CBR

Flew out of Philly, around 11:30 am, plane was waiting to take off for a while, apparently there were 25 planes waiting and ours was 8th. Got into the air around noon and landed at Orlando around 2 ish. Got a text that our Garden Grocer order had arrived, even though we had scheduled it for 7-8pm. Waited a few minutes for Magical Express and we were off! First stop was CBR. Our room was ready, this time we were in Martinique. Found the room, inspected it (I read some bad reports about dirty rooms), looked fine so we headed to DTD. The bus was just pulling up as we got there! That happened quite a few times this week.

We had a reservation at T-rex for 6pm. We went in some of the shops and looked around. Decided to try T-rex around 5:00 since we were hungry. The place was pretty empty. It was pretty cool in there, the dinosaurs looked real. I had the fish tacos, they were okay. I have had better, but it was a neat place to try. We shopped around a bit more and headed back to a huge thunderstorm. They wouldn't deliver our GG order until the thunderstorm was over. Spent the rest of the night unpacking and getting settled.

Disneymom4ever
08-31-2011, 11:54 AM
Sounds like a great start to the trip! We were also there on the 18th, and my son and I were actually stuck in the countries in Epcot when that storm rolled in. That was the longest and biggest storm! It just didn't let up! We had to just call it a night at the resort. Anyhow, sounds like a great beginning, can't wait to read more! :mickey:

faline
08-31-2011, 12:02 PM
It's so nice to get settled into your room at Disney and know you have your whole trip still ahead of you! Good start!

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-31-2011, 02:51 PM
Off to a good start:mickey:

KylesMom
08-31-2011, 03:49 PM
Glad you arrived safely, albeit a bit late, and enjoyed your dinner at T-Rex. We also like the ambiance there! Hopefully the rain will dry up for you and the weather will be great from here on out.

Looking forward to reading your next installment! :mickey:

pdrlkr
09-01-2011, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: