PDA

View Full Version : Underrated ADR Restaurants?

darthmacho
08-30-2011, 07:24 PM
There are some restaurants that are all the rave, and others that get very little buzz or lots of criticism. What sit-down or buffet restaurants in WDW do you feel does not get its fair share of good credit?

Here are my choices:

Restaurant Marrakesh: Flavorful food, music, and belly dancers highlight this quiet restaurant. It's also the home to my favorite dessert in WDW: the bastilla!
San Angel Inn: Gets a lot of criticisms for bad food that's not authentic. What's not to love about the Mole Poblano, Black Beans and Rice, Dos Equis, and Flan for dessert?
Boatwright's Dining Hall: Haven't seen anything too critical, but this was my best meal last trip, and I hardly see talk about it. A great find!

What's yours?

buzznwoodysmom
08-30-2011, 07:39 PM
Chefs de France, Grand Floridian Cafe, and Kona Cafe. Those are three places that we loved, but had never really heard a whole lot about.

HoosierDisneyFan
08-30-2011, 07:43 PM
I agree with Boatwright's Dining Hall. I ate there because I was staying at near by POFQ one evening and was plesently surprised.

We also like Grand Floridian Cafe. It doesn't get the reviews that the 2TS locations get inside the GF but for 1TS credit, this is a great option.

Not sure if it is under rated but we really enjoy Biergarten in EPCOT / Germany. Good buffet / good entertainment.

snowflakegirl
08-30-2011, 08:08 PM
I definitely agree with Marrakesh. It's one of my all time favorites.

I also enjoy San Angel Inn.

MissMaryPoppins
08-30-2011, 08:54 PM
I love the Biergarten too! The first time I went I was a little worried I wouldn't like anything, but I was surprised to find a lot more than just sausages. I also think the cast members working there are among the friendliest in EPCOT. We have a very German last name and every time we go the cast members tease us. We always have a great time there.

I'd say Olivia's is very under rated. They have unique southern food, a great drink menu, wonderful desserts, and it's never loud or crowded. My brother got married at Disney World last month and our family and friends all stayed at Old Key West. We went to Olivia's a few times. It's a nice relaxing place. The shrimp and grits are great!

Joy

Mousemates
08-30-2011, 09:18 PM
Kona Cafe would top our list of underrated...number two would be Chefs and number three might be Nine Dragons.

beksy
08-30-2011, 11:34 PM
Kona Cafe might be our favorite restaurant in WDW, for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It would be my top pick as an underated ADR. Yummy!

I also have to agree with the OP and a PP that San Angel Inn is an underated ADR. We love the food and atmosphere there and have never had a bad meal or bad service. It is another of our must-do ADRs every trip.

hauntedmansiongirl
08-31-2011, 02:52 AM
One of our favourite restaurants is the Trails End Buffet at Fort Wilderness Campground. It's not huge by any means, but almost everything on it is great. My DH always says it's his favourite meal, naming off the ribs, fried chicken and pizza as the reasons. And we've always been able to get an ADR! Mama Melrose is another one that gets bad reviews but we've always loved. :mickey:

Melanie
08-31-2011, 06:32 AM
Definitely Kona - for any meal of the day! :papple:

c&d
08-31-2011, 09:11 AM
Trail's End Buffet, always our first dinner once we check into VWL.

Boatwright's, we've had good meals there and although it's been a while it was never overly crowded for dinner.

Maya Grill for dinner.

jonahbear2006
08-31-2011, 09:17 AM
Grand Floridian Cafe. You mention the grand sandwich and my husband books a trip, lol. Its the only restaurant in WDW that I have complimented the manager on a great restaurant. I also agree with Trails End. We love it! I have heard complaints on here about how it is dull and bland and not very good but we have never had an experience like that. We have always enjoyed a lower priced buffet while camping at FW.
I dont feel that way about Chefs though. It was very streamlined food and wasnt very special for being a world showcase restaurant. I saw nothing french about it. Biergarten is amazing and I would eat there everyday if I could.

Ms. Mode
08-31-2011, 09:22 AM
We also liked Boatwrights! :number1:
We went there for the first time in January, the food was excellent, the service was good too. We couldn't understand why there were so few people there; but as I try to work it into our upcoming trip I understand that it's a little out of the way. :blush:

sassafras
08-31-2011, 09:37 AM
I completely agree with Boatwright's and the Trails End. They both have very good food. Another one is the Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club resort. They have very good food, but never seem to be overly busy in the evening. It make for a very enjoyable evening as they don't rush you, the wait staff is good, and there's a good chance the chef will stop by during your meal!

KAT1811
09-04-2011, 08:36 AM
One of our favourite restaurants is the Trails End Buffet at Fort Wilderness Campground.

:yes: We really enjoy Trail's End. We ended up there by chance a couple years ago. My grandparents decided to join us in Disney with our already large party of 10 so Trail's End was one of the only options for a next day reservation. We were spending the day in the MK so we figured we'd try it. We were all very glad we did. Now it's on our list of restaurants to fit in every trip. It's quiet, out of the way, and the kids love the boat ride and playground.

SBETigg
09-04-2011, 09:50 AM
Grand Floridian Cafe. Kouzzina.

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-04-2011, 11:56 AM
Kona Cafe comes to mind....

TexasPrincessAurora
09-04-2011, 12:02 PM
Narcoosee's...its kind of tucked out of the way so its a bit of a hidden treasure! Always amazing, food, service, & atmosphere.

Marrakesh...definitely unique, but always amazing food. Like its own little world.

Kona Cafe for breakfast! Best in the world.

lynnek
09-04-2011, 12:33 PM
Sanaa, Kona Cafe and Captain's Grille were at the tops of our lists for must do repeats this year. We also enjoyed Olivia's.

applecore72
09-10-2011, 10:25 AM
I have to say Olivia's! I just love the nice and relaxed atomsphere and the food is wonderful!:thumbsup:

tdk316
09-10-2011, 12:23 PM
Here's another vote for Boatwright's!

The other place we found is The Wave at the Contemporary. We haven't eaten in the restaurant side, but have watched many games in the bar with a great mojito and some appetizers. The service has always been outstanding and their mojitos are some of the best I've ever had.

RichGuy
09-10-2011, 03:53 PM
Agreed on Kona Cafe, not spectacular, but a nice time.

We went to Liberty Tree Tavern around 5 years ago, and while it wasn't fancy, it was good, simple food.

I also preferred how they did their character interactions over any other character meal I've had. The characters had "friends" with them, who would take pictures, etc.

Melanie
09-10-2011, 04:53 PM
I also preferred how they did their character interactions over any other character meal I've had. The characters had "friends" with them, who would take pictures, etc.

Unfortunately not an option anymore. That was one of my favorite character experiences.

princessgirls
09-11-2011, 05:59 PM
We had a delicious meal at Liberty Tree in August. Missed the characters, but the food and location alone were enough reason to go back again!

Also love the Kona Cafe, and tried San Angel Inn this trip and was pleasantly surprised. Good food!

Julie:mickey: