PDA

View Full Version : Yacht Club Resort...help?

mariak
08-30-2011, 07:12 PM
We’re heading to WDW in a few weeks and plan to convert to the Premier Annual Pass since we will be in California for a wedding next August and (of course) will HAVE to go to Disneyland. So, in an effort to getting the most out of our annual passes, DH and I are planning to surprise our DDs with a trip in December. They go more than any of their friends. Yet, our deprived children have never been “surprised” with a Disney trip. Life is rough! ;)

Anyway, my question has to do with lodging. We generally stay at the Polynesian but thought we’d try something different and REALLY surprise the girls. Right now, we are thinking of staying at the Yacht Club Resort. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what type of view we should book? Also, is there a “better” area within the resort to stay? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Maria

Mousemates
08-30-2011, 09:13 PM
We stayed in a waterview room that looked out over the lake and back towards the "shipwreck"...we greatly enjoyed the view, especially early in the morning drinking coffee and at night. However, we spend a bit more time at the resorts than most folks and if you are park commandos then the view won't be that big of a deal...the view is likely to be even less important to your kids, especially since they will be wanting to spend any non-park time in the super fabulous swimming pool.

RALPH
08-31-2011, 06:46 AM
If you can get a water view, get it. It is a nice view. Keeping the kids out of Storm-A-Long Bay will be a problem, even if the weather is cold. That is my only downside I see to staying at the YC this time of year.

We enjoy YC and are staying there on our next trip. View was not so important for us, just having a full balcony. I like to sit out there at various times.

BugeyedMuggy
08-31-2011, 09:41 AM
Last Dec we had a view of the lake and the sunrise was beautiful. It's also nice to sit on the balcony in the early morning and have it so peaceful. The quiet pool is truely quiet. A great place to read a book and relax.