PDA

View Full Version : A few questions:

Sunshine1010
08-30-2011, 10:58 AM
Last week, a friend and her family invited my family to go with them to WDW and stay at their DVC for free, AND they want to pay for a Deluxe Dining Plan. (WOW...).

Because we agreed to go, they are going to have to change reservations.

It started out as a 2 bdrm villa at SSR (for their family of 5). I have a family of 3. A total of 8 people.....so they decided to change their reservation to the Treehouse Villas (for more room).

A few questions because this is their first DVC stay.
- They will have their name on the reservation, but they will need our names too, correct (along with age)...?
- They need to pay for the dining plan UP FRONT?...and not at the desk...correct?
- What DVC resort has the largest rooms? Since he bought into SSR, he thinks the only resort he can go to is that one. But I need to tell him that since it's within the 7 month range..he can go to any resort. Which resort has a lot of space?
- A few days, we plan on taking one or two of their kids and everyone split up. Can I use their kids cards to buy meals for them?

TheDuckRocks
08-30-2011, 11:45 AM
Yes, they will require all names for the reservations. Don't think they asked for the ages of adults though.
They would need to pay for the DDP at the time they ask for it to be included. It can be added at a time closer to the date of the reservation. Deluxe DDP is a lot food and time consuming with TS meals. We used it twice in the past and won't be doing it again.
I think OKW has the largest square footage of the DVC properties. Yes, you can request any DVC resort to stay at, but there is a large difference in the number of points required from one to another.
Yes, you can use the kids credits when you have them with you.

VWL Mom
08-30-2011, 11:57 AM
Wow, that's very nice of them!

While there are larger properties the treehouses will give you three bedrooms which the others will not for the same points.

jonahbear2006
08-30-2011, 03:32 PM
OKW does have the most space. The treehouse villas are pretty cool, though. im not sure I would tempt fate here. Id stay with them. The only downside to the treehouse villas is that if you dont have a car you are gonna have to take a bus to get the pool and that is a buzz kill for me.

Sunshine1010
08-30-2011, 11:11 PM
Ohhhhh....I didn't know the Treehouse Villas had THREE bedrooms! That will work out great!

Yes, I know the Deluxe dining plan has a lot of food. We usually get the regular dining plan. But, it's what THEY want, and they are paying..so we will be getting that! :-)

We are excited. We can't believe the generosity of this family. She's a single mother with a set of twins and a younger child. Also, her Dad is going. Then, it'll be myself, my husband and son. It'll be crowded, chaotic....but hopefully fun.

I suppose the downside of the Treehouse villas is that you can't 'run' to the food court, and you have to get on a bus...to go get another bus to go to the parks.

disneydeb
08-31-2011, 07:00 AM
Ohhhhh....I didn't know the Treehouse Villas had THREE bedrooms! That will work out great!

Yes, I know the Deluxe dining plan has a lot of food. We usually get the regular dining plan. But, it's what THEY want, and they are paying..so we will be getting that! :-)

We are excited. We can't believe the generosity of this family. She's a single mother with a set of twins and a younger child. Also, her Dad is going. Then, it'll be myself, my husband and son. It'll be crowded, chaotic....but hopefully fun.

I suppose the downside of the Treehouse villas is that you can't 'run' to the food court, and you have to get on a bus...to go get another bus to go to the parks.

This is so cool! Pardon this personal moment, I think I know who you are going with since we live in the same town and it is small! :D I spoke with her on FB chat one day and you all are going to be there about the same time we are! I hope you all have a great time! 36 days for us! :mickey:

Aurora
08-31-2011, 02:22 PM
If they don't already have reservations for the Treehouse Villas, they will be very difficult to get, from what I understand. The number of THVs are limited, and some DVC members who call at the 11-month window at SSR have not been able to get them.

Old Key West does have very large rooms and usually good availability. The newer DVC villas -- at Bay Lake Tower and Animal Kingdom, sleep 9 people in a 2-bedroom, but BLT also might be tough to get.

Good luck -- hope you get lucky and get the treehouses.

Sunshine1010
09-01-2011, 02:54 AM
DisneyDeb....can you send me your email in a private message?

Does her first name start with 'A' ?

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
09-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Would your friends be willing to bring a charming family of 5 from CT?

Sunshine1010
09-02-2011, 12:32 PM
:-)