PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Fastpass Online Survey

clausjo
08-30-2011, 10:35 AM
When we were at DCA in June, we gave our email address for a survey. Well, it arrived in my inbox this morning. The entire survey was about fastpasses and how we would feel and utilize the fastpass system if it was available online. There were several scenarios presented, but all were different options of obtaining fastpassess online before your visit. Once option showed was up to 60 days in advance! It clearly stated that you were to assume that this was how you could get fastpasses and that all fastpass machines would be removed from the parks. Each option showed a limit on how many fastpasses you could get. Some options had every attraction/ride (including parades??) while other options only had the attractions that currently have fastpasses.

I don't use fastpasses that often, but the idea of having to plan ahead to that extent doesn't make me very happy. My guess is that if these surveys result in positive feedback, the system will be tested in CA and, if successful, tried in Orlando.

I enjoyed the very laid back way we could do DL and CA as compared to our visits to WDW. I felt like because there is no dining plan, we didn't have to plan as much as when we go to Orlando and could play it by ear much more. If they change the fastpass system, it would change the spontaneous aspect of visiting these parks.

Has anyone else gotten this survey or somthing similar? What do you think?

kakn7294
08-30-2011, 02:32 PM
I haven't gotten one but I would not respond positively. I don't want to plan my entire day! I don't even like that I have to make ADRs and try to limit those. I hope this doesn't go over well and isn't implemented.

Melanie
08-30-2011, 03:23 PM
Oh no. Here we go with the NextGen stuff. Dislike!!!

Mogie
08-30-2011, 03:25 PM
So it would ONLY be available online? Or as an added option? I typically plan my trips a bit, but definitely have a couple of open days where I would not know which park im going to go to in advance. So, besides maybe the first day or the last I don't think I would want to plan which day I will be in a park based only on which FastPass Ive reserved.

I wonder if this is a way to help Disney anticipate which days are going to be heavier in particular parks?

robnadina
08-30-2011, 03:52 PM
While I dont agree with this idea, I think the main reason DL would do this is to satisfy their resort guests that are staying on property.
Not having seen the survey, I would assume they would make this for their on site guests only. They are paying thru the nose to stay on property and are often greeted at the parks by hundreds of AP holders and So Cal residents that are there for the day. The AP monthly payment option for Californians has made it easier to afford to go.
If DL Hotel guests could plan their trips ahead of time, some may feel they get more bang for their buck by bypassing the locals.

clausjo
08-30-2011, 04:05 PM
So it would ONLY be available online? Or as an added option?

Don't know really. The survey only said to keep in mind that the fastpass machines would not be available in the parks. It didn't go into detail about any other options or how it would completely work.

Not having seen the survey, I would assume they would make this for their on site guests only.

Don't knw the answer to this one either, but I think its a good theory.

I didn't respond very positively and hope that anyone else that got the survey did the same. It just seems like way too much advanced planning!

MegaDisney
08-31-2011, 12:08 AM
How is using Fastpass planning your entire day? :confused:

I rarely if EVER return during the window, I just use it sometime that day after the beginning of the window, it is good till park closing that day.

Never understood why people feel they HAVE to return during the window...

teamblackwell
08-31-2011, 12:51 AM
I think we are all on the same page on this issue. There are so many variables that go into your Disney day. Weather, kids moods and or melt downs, attendance levels, when you get hungry. How on earth can you predict all that 60 days out?
It would be cool if your able to get your fastpasses on the fly (downloaded to your mobile device). but there would have to be a window(1-2 hours) you could get and use them.

BrerGnat
08-31-2011, 10:11 AM
Well, this doesn't bode well.

However, I take these surveys with a HUGE HUGE grain of salt. I've done dozens of those over the past few years since I visited DLR so often. To date, they have not implemented any of the "proposed" things that I did a survey on, so hopefully, this one will just fizzle out and die as well.

What this sounds like, though, is that FP will cease to be something that is available to all guests, and that would be a huge publicity no-no for Disney. They have had this system for so long, that all of a sudden limiting it to resort guests only will result in a lot of negative backlash. I can't imagine that they are seriously considering doing something like that.

On the other hand, how do you offer FP online up to 60 days in advance to the "average" park guest? You can't. People (particularly the locals who make up the bulk of DLR's visitors) don't make plans that far out. Heck, when I was a local, I never even managed to make plans much more than 24 hours in advance.

This is an idea that needs a LOT of honing. I am all for them offering FP in advance online, but that cannot be the only way to obtain them.