PDA

View Full Version : When would you go?

ranty
08-29-2011, 07:35 PM
Hey everyone!!:mickey: I really need your opinion. I have 2 dates in mind for a trip to the world. Sept 24 for 12 nights. Or October 6 for 12 nights. I would get free dining either way. What are the crowds like for each period? Once again thanks intercot buds!!:):)

Strmchsr
08-29-2011, 08:48 PM
Crowds, weather, etc will be about the same. You might hit slighter higher crowds, especially at Epcot, in October as the F&WF will be started then. Also, you would run into Columbus Day weekend in October which is a holiday for some. But, in general, it would be about the same.

HoosierDisneyFan
08-29-2011, 08:51 PM
One additional factor...Generally October is less likely to have hurriance weather than September in FL.

Strmchsr
08-29-2011, 08:58 PM
One additional factor...Generally October is less likely to have hurriance weather than September in FL.

In general, hurricane season does start to wind down in mid-October, but hurricane season runs through the end of November so October is still smack in the middle of it, especially the dates that were mentioned. Actually, this year I'd be more worried about a storm hitting the OP's hometown than WDW given the general track of storms this year.

NH Disneyfan
08-29-2011, 09:02 PM
I have been in September and it was HOT and crazy-humid both times.

I've been in October twice and it was warm and comfortable.

I vote for October - with the bonus being the food and wine festival.

Mousemates
08-29-2011, 09:44 PM
weather-wise...October would be apt to be much more comfortable.

5MemphisTiggers
09-08-2011, 08:49 AM
I would vote October (although you may have already booked your trip by now). Use your snack credits at the F&W booths! :thumbsup:

KAT1811
09-08-2011, 01:09 PM
weather-wise...October would be apt to be much more comfortable.

:ditto:

jnfr2424
09-08-2011, 01:15 PM
October just as other's have mentioned great weather - We went once in September and all it did was rain and no it was not the 20 minute shower then its over - it was ALL DAY!!!
and FYI Columbus Day was not that bad at all I thought it was going to be crazy like July 4 or Christmas but nothing of the sort!

joonyer
09-08-2011, 04:01 PM
I like October best. It's a little cooler and less humid, but still warm enough for swimming and water parks. I think the crowds will be about the same either time, except around Columbus day.

Suzi Q
09-09-2011, 08:13 PM
Sept too hot for my Michigan blood, I've been several times in October and I really enjoyed the weather. Of course you could go both..!

Capt_redshirt
09-09-2011, 08:52 PM
I can tell you this the weekend around oct is going to be a bit busier for columbus day weekend

PoohRules
09-11-2011, 03:24 PM
Oh I think that is tough. I would go for Oct as you run a better chance of cooler weather (but both will probably still be warm), but like everyone said crowds will probably be worse with the holiday.

I guess if it was me...I would have to pick Oct. I realize the crowds will be worse, but you have plenty of days and the F&W will be up and running. Either way you will have a great time!

Jessie
09-12-2011, 12:44 PM
I'm currently at WDW for our first family vacation and I have learned that September is not a good month for our family. As great as it is being here, the heat and humidity is too much for our kids. Our oldest actually got sick in the middle of the night due to the combo of heat and walking despite our efforts to keep things cool. So my vote would be October for you (though maybe December or Jan for us ;))

Jennifer_and_Chris
09-13-2011, 01:49 PM
I have been in September and it was HOT and crazy-humid both times.

I've been in October twice and it was warm and comfortable.

I vote for October - with the bonus being the food and wine festival.

THIS TOTALLY!

We've been several times in Sept and October has become our preferred vacation month!

Zawadi
09-13-2011, 01:53 PM
When we go for 14 nights it is usually late Sept running through to early Oct in order to catch both MNSSHP and Food & Wine.

azcavalier
09-14-2011, 09:46 AM
October.

The Food and Wine Festival is fun. It's also cooler, usually. However, we have been in early October before when the temps were in the mid 90's. It was miserable. Spent a lot of time in the pool. But that's not the norm.