PDA

View Full Version : CRT on DDP, why do they make me prepay full price

bcornette
08-28-2011, 08:58 PM
I understand the holding it with a credit card and charging me for not showing up. I just don't like putting over $300 (There are 6 people in my party) on my credit card for a meal I'm eating next year.

Since I am using DDP credits for the meal, do they reimburse me as soon I eat and they charge it to my DDP?

mariak
08-28-2011, 09:15 PM
We've eaten at CRT 3 or 4 times and I don't remember ever being "charged" for it when we booked. It was always my understanding that they would only charge your card if you don't show up. Has that changed?

DisneyWFan
08-28-2011, 09:19 PM
I understand the holding it with a credit card and charging me for not showing up. I just don't like putting over $300 (There are 6 people in my party) on my credit card for a meal I'm eating next year.

Since I am using DDP credits for the meal, do they reimburse me as soon I eat and they charge it to my DDP?

If you told them that you were on the dining plan (there is a place to click when you select your time if you do it online) they won't charge your card unless you don't show up :thumbsup:

bcornette
08-28-2011, 09:51 PM
i selected that i was on the DDP when I booked and assumed I would get charged only if I didn't show up. Last week I noticed a $320+ charge for the meal.

I may try and call to get it removed if it is not standard practice.

drhama
08-28-2011, 10:26 PM
That is exactly what happened to me. Actually, I got charged twice on my disney visa for a DDP meal at CRT. Called about the second charge and expressed my displeasure over being charged at all. Was told that it was a standard practice (the first charge anyway) and no one is pleased about it but it is the policy.
Verify with your server that you are on the DP and your card will be credited back.
Silly but appears to be the way it is.

Tygger7
08-29-2011, 08:14 AM
I am doing the DDP and just booked CRT a couple of weeks ago (on the phone). I specifically asked the reservation agent and she said they only took my card to hold the reservation. I was not charged, and they confirmed that I wouldn't be unless I was a "no show". Any time I'm booking some special event (Fantasmic Dinner package, Candlelight Processional, HDD, CRT, etc.) I ALWAYS do it over the phone even if I can do it online. I also use it as an opportunity to have the agent review my ADR's in the system just to make sure everything is correct (and I didn't goof something up online).

DisneyWFan
08-29-2011, 08:33 AM
i selected that i was on the DDP when I booked and assumed I would get charged only if I didn't show up. Last week I noticed a $320+ charge for the meal.

I may try and call to get it removed if it is not standard practice.

That is exactly what happened to me. Actually, I got charged twice on my disney visa for a DDP meal at CRT. Called about the second charge and expressed my displeasure over being charged at all. Was told that it was a standard practice (the first charge anyway) and no one is pleased about it but it is the policy.
Verify with your server that you are on the DP and your card will be credited back.
Silly but appears to be the way it is.

I booked both CRT and HDR online (you must link it to your resort reservation first) and the CLP over the phone and have not been charged for any of them as a matter of fact you know your link is successful because when it asks for your credit card it tells you that you wont be charged unless you fail to cancel prior to 48 hours in advance

disneymom2000
08-29-2011, 08:56 AM
My card was charged as soon as I made my reservation. I kind of like it as 1) I know I have my seat reserved and the cost is paid for by the time I get there and 2) if I decide to use a dining I will have that much more credited to my card to use during my trip. Always a bonus somewhere.

iceicebritney
08-29-2011, 09:00 AM
We were also charged when we booked CRT for a large party during our last stay. We haven't eaten there since, so I can't say for sure... but perhaps its just parties of a certain size that they do this for?

bcornette
08-29-2011, 02:57 PM
I called and was told that it is a required for my party to prepay the full amount and it would be creditted back once I eat and it is charged to the DDP.

I asked why it is different that the no show charge of akershus and the person did not exactly know, but speculated it was based on party size and since it is CRT it is a higher demand than Akershus.

Not sure what I will do, but I am leaning toward cancelling CRT then booking Akershus for my daughter's princess and castle fix, then using the extra dining credit for Hollywood Brown Derby. I've never done CRT or Brown Derby, what do you think I should do?

My daughters are 3 and 7, so I think I'll have more opportunities to go to CRT in the future.

brivers222
08-29-2011, 06:05 PM
weird the only time I had to pay for any dining up front upon booking is when I wasn't on the Dining plan.

Now i just link my hotel/dining plan number before I search online and all it does is take my credit card info, but not charge it.

disneymomma2010
08-30-2011, 10:04 AM
I called and was told that it is a required for my party to prepay the full amount and it would be creditted back once I eat and it is charged to the DDP.

I asked why it is different that the no show charge of akershus and the person did not exactly know, but speculated it was based on party size and since it is CRT it is a higher demand than Akershus.

Not sure what I will do, but I am leaning toward cancelling CRT then booking Akershus for my daughter's princess and castle fix, then using the extra dining credit for Hollywood Brown Derby. I've never done CRT or Brown Derby, what do you think I should do?

My daughters are 3 and 7, so I think I'll have more opportunities to go to CRT in the future.

I would call again and talk to a different cm. Sometimes I get different results from different cms. I called a month ago and was told one thing about the question I had, so then I called back and I was told something completly different and they said it was because the person that I talked to before must have been new and didn't know all there info. She kind of acted like it happens alot.

DisneyWFan
08-30-2011, 10:45 AM

from the Disney website

Cinderella's Royal Table

Magic Kingdom Park

View Participating Dining Plans

Date:

Wednesday12/14/2011

Time:

09:20AM Breakfast(Includes Characters)

Party Size:

2 Guest(s)

Guarantee Your Reservation

This reservation requires a credit card guarantee. Please provide your card information below. Your card will not be charged at this time.

Payment and Cancellation Policies
•Payment or credit card guarantee is required at the time of booking.
•Price includes tax and gratuity.
•At time of booking, payment in full must be charged to a valid credit card or, if on a dining package, there must be a guarantee to a valid credit card. If you fail to show for this priority seating and do not cancel your reservation, your card will be charged a penalty.
•Third-party payments are not accepted. The last name on the credit card must match the last name on the reservation. If applying multiple payments, the last name on at least one credit card must match the last name on the reservation.
•There is a one-day cancellation policy and a full price charge if you cancel within one (1) day of the reservation or are a "no show" for the reservation

The only thing I edited out was any personal info so you can see Disney's own policy states they will not charge you unless you don't show up I would call back and tell them that you read there policies and it says that you won't be charged (unless you fail to cancel in time) because you are using the dining plan

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-30-2011, 11:14 AM
I heard good things about Asherkus...don't forget Hollywood Brown Derby is a two credit restaurant...

jonahbear2006
08-30-2011, 03:28 PM

We hated CRT and loved Akershus. We go to akershus all the time bc its so much better. the food is excellent, you get a menu AND a buffet, the princesses spend more time w the kids here, and sometimes you run into prince charming. They say its random to get cindy here but we have always gotten her and everyone i know has always gotten her so this theory doesnt really seem to hold much water. If you are looking for another 1 credit restaurant to try that is great, why not try another world showcase dining room. My children LOVE LOVE LOVE Teppan Edo and the chefs make it so much fun for the kids. It is one of our favorite restaurants. We also really love Biergarten and always wish we had an extra stomach to keep piling on the food.

IloveJack
08-30-2011, 04:16 PM
I would call because if they charge you $320 now at the 180 day mark, and credit you $320 the day of, then you still get charged 180 days worth of interest.
Not to mention, their own site says they won't.

bcornette
08-31-2011, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the info. It took a few phone calls and lots of waiting on hold, but I got my money refunded.

To refund my money but keep the reservation, they had to cancel my existing reservation and make a new one. This took a little time and 3 different deptartments within the Reservation system.

In the end I think it is all almost correct now. The one piece the final guy that made my new reservation did wrong was not put my phone number down for it, because of that I couldn't link the new reservation number to my other existing reservations. This took another phone call to resolve, I had to use the incorrect phone number when linking them online. Apparently you can't switch the phone number that the reservation is tied to.

Now I just wait and see if CRT is worth 2 TS credits. In the past we have always gotten our princess fix at Akershus or 1900 Park Fare.