PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

AntMagsMom
08-28-2011, 04:46 PM
I originally was told/read that you could get in starting at 4:00 with the party ticket and get a wristband for the evening. I was told tonight by a lady at BBB (on the phone making reservations) that you cannot get until 7:00 with the MNSSHP ticket, that you would have to have regular park admission that day. the only reason I care is becuase Disney made a mistake and only gave us 5 day PH tickets instead of 6 and I'd have to upgrade to 6 for that day just for the two hours between my BBB appointment and 7;00 which to me seems stupid for six people. Thoughts? Does she just not know or are CS people told not to give out that information or is she just plain wrong?? She said the same was true last year.....

Melanie
08-28-2011, 04:50 PM
She said the same was true last year.....

This actually was the word last year BEFORE the parties started, but after they started it was proved to be false. Party goers were allowed in at 4pm. I have a strong feeling this will be the case again this year, but of course we won't know for certain until we get confirmation after the first party.

When are you going? If it's after the first party, you can always do your upgrade at the resort if need be.

Strmchsr
08-28-2011, 06:24 PM
When are you going? If it's after the first party, you can always do your upgrade at the resort if need be.

Agreed. It's only about $3/person to add another day once you get to 6 days. But, my guess is the CM was wrong. It might be the case that they go to 7:00 only, but I doubt it just based on the previous rumors always being false. Plus, I would think that Disney would have to do some kind of formal announcement along that line if they were going to hold firm to the 7:00 time frame given how it's been different every other year.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-28-2011, 06:42 PM
I'm another one voting for not to worry about this. In the past, despite "announcements" that you couldn't get in until 7pm, entering aftger 4pm hasn't been an issue at all.

If you have to add the extra day, it isn't much $$, so even then it wouldn't be too hard on the budget or the planning.

buzznwoodysmom
08-29-2011, 11:07 AM
I think this topic comes up every year around this time. I know I've seen it discussed at least for the past two years. In all the years we've done the parties (MNSSHP, MVMCP, and the P&PP) we've always been allowed in at 4. Of course, as other's have already stated, you won't know for sure till the first few parties, but if I had to guess I would say you'll be allowed in at 4pm.

AntMagsMom
08-29-2011, 07:05 PM
We are leaving 9/28 and doing the 9/30 party so we do have plenty of time to add a day if need be. I figure it's just the info that they have to give.

ddcrna
08-30-2011, 10:14 AM
So, I guess it's nice of WDW to let people in early, but why would you buy a ticket for a 7:00 event and expect that you are entitled to enter and use the facilities 2 1/2 hours earlier?

Goofy4TheWorld
08-30-2011, 10:54 AM
So, I guess it's nice of WDW to let people in early, but why would you buy a ticket for a 7:00 event and expect that you are entitled to enter and use the facilities 2 1/2 hours earlier?

For the OP, the reason was:
I originally was told/read that you could get in starting at 4:00 with the party ticket and get a wristband for the evening.......the only reason I care is because Disney made a mistake and only gave us 5 day PH tickets instead of 6 and I'd have to upgrade to 6 for that day just for the two hours between my BBB appointment and 7;00 which to me seems stupid for six people

My answer would be years worth of precedent.

NJGIRL
08-30-2011, 10:59 AM

I think this is more of a crowd control issue. It helps WDW out by some of the people filtering in early. The crowds to get in at 7:00 are terrible.

Disney Doll
08-30-2011, 11:22 AM
I wouldn't worry just yet. The fact that the CM said it was that way last year tells me a lot because 4pm entrance was certainly allowed last year. The crowd control issue is huge and I can't imagine Disney ever limiting it to strictly 7pm. It would be a nightmare for them to handle.

AntMagsMom
08-31-2011, 12:03 PM

For the OP, the reason was:

My answer would be years worth of precedent.

Thank you...exactly. I had no issue with the 7:00 until I was told 4:00 and then when Disney made the mistake with my tickets I just now am realizing that if they don't let us in at say 4:45 for our BBB appointment, which I made with the info we could get in as of 4:00, I'm stuck using a day of our tickets, which I'm already short a day anyway. At this point when I check in I'm just upgrading our tickets to 6 days which is what they were supposed to be to begin with. I just happened to call and they told me I only had five day. I specifically have my notes from the phone call and it's six. I digress....they can't fix the mistake until we get there, so that's that I guess. It's not really a big deal for me I just thought it was strange when the CM was adamant that it was not the case and did not happen last year, that it was "years" ago according to her.......

AntMagsMom
08-31-2011, 12:05 PM
I wouldn't worry just yet. The fact that the CM said it was that way last year tells me a lot because 4pm entrance was certainly allowed last year. The crowd control issue is huge and I can't imagine Disney ever limiting it to strictly 7pm. It would be a nightmare for them to handle.

Good point...true. That's why it made sense to get earlier and get the wrist band which would differentiate the two tickets. My only point for getting in early was to get my DD to her BBB appointment at 5:00 and get something to eat before the true start of the party...I guess as soon as the first party starts we'll know! :mickey: