PDA

View Full Version : Our 1st Family Vacation Adventure - Pre-Trip Report

desilu78
08-26-2011, 07:31 PM
Bear with me since this will be my 1st trip report :blush:

31 more days until we board the plane to go to the "happiest place on earth".

Family:
Me - Desi (32 yo)
Jason - DBF (31 yo)
Connor - DS (5 yo)

Well we all have been to Disneyworld before, just not together. I used to go at least once a year when I was younger. Before this past July, the last time I have been to WDW was about 10 years ago. My DBF has been so many times I cannot count, and the last time he went was November 2009. I took my DS back in July 2011 because we were going to an autism conference (DS has high functioning autism). So we were able to do MK and Epcot for a couple of days. Unfortunately DBF could not attend due to work. So we decided to take a vacation together as a family. One of these days he will propose to me, then get married, and he will adopt my son. Then, we will officially be one big happy family. :cloud9:

Here is the breakdown of the trip that we have planned so far:
Dates: September 26 - October 3, 2011
Hotels we are staying at: Poly (Sept 26 - Oct 2); Pop Century (Oct 2 - Oct 3). We tried to extend the one additional night with Poly but it would have cost too much to add the extra night so that is why we are going to Pop Century.

Sept 26

Arrive in Orlando and take ME to Poly
Once we get checked in, get settled into room, freshen up
Dinner @ Ohana's. We are going to try and watch Electrical Parade as well
Walk around hotel after dinner, possibly go for a swim

Sept 27

Epcot all day
Dinner @ Coral Reef
Watch Illuminations after
Play by ear what to do rest of evening

Sept 28

HS All Day
Going to try and get DS signed up for Star Wars Jedi Training (DS loves Star Wars!!)
Lunch at Sci-Fi
Watch Fantasmic
Play by ear what to do rest of evening

Sept 29

AK all day
Lunch @ Yak & Yeti
Go back to hotel to get ready for California Grill
DS will be enjoying some play time at Neverland Club while DBF and I go eat dinner

Sept 30

Breakfast at Chef Mickey's
Off to MK for full day
Take a break late afternoon and go back to hotel
Back to MK in evening to go to MNSSHP (I am dressing up as Princess Leia, DBF is dressing up as Han Solo, and DS is dressing up as Darth Vader.

Oct 1

Possibly go to DD in the late morning
Go to Epcot for Food & Wine Fest in afternoon
Possible visit to Boardwalk area in the evening
Might go back to hotel to take a dip in the pool

Oct 2

Breakfast at Ohana's
Transfer to Pop Century
Bounce from MK to HS
Play by ear evening time. Will try and go to bed early since we have to take ME extremely early in the morning.

Oct 3

Check out Pop Century, Take ME to airport, Leave WDW :o(

So everything is planned, but of course the days will depend on my DS. But I think he will be a great trooper. My DBF is a Disney Fanatic so you can just imagine how excited he is. I am very excited too. Hopefully it will a magical experience for all of us. :mickey:

faline
08-26-2011, 07:47 PM
You have a great trip planned! Enjoy!

TKDONALD
08-26-2011, 08:34 PM
That looks like a great trip!!!!!! Who did the planning? :yoda::trooper::chewy::darth:

desilu78
08-26-2011, 08:56 PM
Smarty pants, I believe it was a 50/50 job. That is my wonderful bf making comment above :stitch2:

T-Belle
08-27-2011, 10:06 PM
Wow...sounds like you're going to have a great time! Don't forget to tell us all about it when you get back.

TKDONALD
09-16-2011, 09:45 PM
10 more days!!!!!!!!!
:stitch::figment:

Joannelet
09-16-2011, 10:05 PM
Sounds like you have a fabulous trip planned! Can't wait to hear all about it! Have a great time!

January-2007
09-19-2011, 01:57 PM
Hope you have a great trip!

TKDONALD
09-23-2011, 06:06 PM
Im very excited about our first family trip!!!! I think Im driving DGF crazey. But we leave in 3 days for a week at the Poly.:mickey:

jason

MinnieMommie
09-24-2011, 12:44 PM
Great vacation planning! Your days are organized nicely around parks and meals but you have built in a lot of flexibility. Love that "play it by ear" approach. :thumbsup:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Can't wait to read all about it!

BrerGnat
10-04-2011, 10:47 AM
Sounds like an excellent trip! Hope it all goes smoothly!